Everybody Knows You Never Go Full Retard

Tools    

Anyone else hear keys rattling in here?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Not that I'm defending the thread title, but does everyone realize it's actually a quote from Tropic Thunder? That mitigates its troublemaking-osity for me a tad.

Not that I'm defending the thread title, but does everyone realize it's actually a quote from Tropic Thunder? That mitigates its troublemaking-osity for me a tad.
I got that right from the start.

Uh, why did you find it necessary to neg rep me? My post may have seemed random to you but since you obviously just didn't get it you find it OK to neg me? I was actually demonstrating in my own random way that you have the right here to start a thread about whatever you want.

Whatever... enjoy your stay here at MoFo. May it be ever so short.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
What Powdered Water said! You gave me negative rep because I haven't seen Tropic Thunder and therefore didn't get the title???

Yeah, if this guy keeps it up I'll step in. Knock it off, dude. Give negative rep if people are rude, uninsightful, whatever, but not just because they didn't get the reference (if you'd put it in quotes, it would have helped).

Every man dies,but not every man really lives
what dose it mater to you anyway and if it's any comfort to you i just got negative rep to under zero and it wasn't about Tropic Thunder but about the personal insult

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I apologize if I personally insulted you. I don't understand how just by saying "what she said"

Which happened to be:

I've not seen Tropic Thunder... so nope, I didn't get it...

and im sorry if i offended anyone it's just for fun
**** 'em!

Hal Borske - Every damn thing he ever did ever!

Every man dies,but not every man really lives

If you ask me, someone just went "full retard"
that was not an insult
but this was
who do you think went full retard in their movies ?
my vote Sean Penn in I am sam. i got pounded for this one
any way who gives a #hit

Happy New Year from Philly!
To answer the initial question, "going full retard" has worked for some actors. Leonardo DiCaprio's turn as an autistic teenager in What's Eating Gilbert Grape proved that he would be an actor whose career would be worth watching. Dustin Hoffman revitalized his movie career as Raymond, an autistic savant in Rainman.

I don't know anything about the Sean Penn film. I had no desire to see it. It looked to icky sweet for me, but Penn was up for an Oscar for his portrayal of a mentally-challenged (if that is the term de jour) man.

I did not know the Tropic Thunder reference either. I tend to avoid Ben Stiller's alleged comedies.

Well actually, Downey Jr's character in Tropic Thunder who says you don't win the Oscar if you go full retard used Hoffman's Rain Man as an example of not going full retard.

Plus, it's not hard to make negative rep disappear when it's uncalled for.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Well actually, Downey Jr's character in Tropic Thunder who says you don't win the Oscar if you go full retard used Hoffman's Rain Man as an example of not going full retard.
Kirk Lazarus: Everybody knows you never go full retard.
Tugg Speedman: What do you mean?
Kirk Lazarus: Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

Neg repping aside, I think everyone's been a bit hard on Yuuhuu. I got the thread title and thought it was pretty funny. Yuuhuu also quoted from Austin Powers a bit further down (chits and giggles) and was neg repped for that too. People need to lighten up a bit; it's political correctness gone mad if you ask me. I'd also like to add that I used to look after elderly and disabled people as part of my job. I can tell you they have a much better sense of humour about this sort of thing than some of the people here. Just sayin'

Anyway, seen as political correctness seems to be the order of the day, how about this one for not 'going full retard'