Rob Zombie's Halloween Sequel

Tools    

Confirmed: Rob Zombie in for Halloween Sequel - H2

Just two weeks after the rumor first hit, Variety is reporting today that Rob Zombie is officially on board to write and direct a sequel to his 2007 re-imagining of the Halloween classic. The film will be titled H2 - not to be confused with 1998's Halloween H20 - and is intended as an October 2009 release. Given this timeline, the film is to start production as early as March, which means Zombie has a lot of writing to do to get this ready..... Variety claims that H2 will pick up where Zombie's original left off, and will follow his new vision for the story.

Shortly following his 2007 film, Zombie's claim that he would not return for a possible sequel was broadly reported. However, the man now says, "I was so burned out. (But) I took a long break, made a record and I got excited again. Now, we'll be hauling ass, and that's the problem making a movie called Halloween: If you come out Nov. 1 or after, nobody cares. If it was called anything else, I'd be fine." As a show of progress, I suppose, Dimension Films also released a teaser poster for H2, as seen below, though nothing about it speaks to progress on the film. Hopefully the expedited schedule won't affect the final product, but only time will tell if Zombie can deliver as well as he did the first time around.

Source: FirstShowing.net

Let's try to be broad-minded about this
reeeeeally didn't like the re-make, i really don't give a **** where michael came from, i hope this one doesn't dwell as much on the past as the last one did. And no movie should ever kill Danny Trejo!

The King of Movies
OMG FU#K YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just thinking about how awesome it would be if there was a squel this morning and now i here this, all i have to say is YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
This is th best news I could of hoped for! Unbelievable early Christmas presant WOOOOOHOOOO

I loved his take on the remake, it was awesome seeing how Michael grew up and to see him turn in to the psycho killer.

Im hyped for this already, I think Zobie is a great director and his music is also awesome!

I don't care too much for the idea. The only Zombie film I came close to enjoying was The Devil's Rejects. I do think he is a very intelligent person and has potential to really make a great film, but I have yet to see a good film come out under his name and I doubt this will be one.

I did enjoy his first take on Halloween more than any of the previous sequels though, but I still can't say many good things about it. His version was far inferior to the original Halloween which IMO will never be matched.

I probably will see this when it comes out though since I'm a little bit of a horror film goof... I just wish he'd make something else instead of this.

I liked the remake. I thought he did a serviceable job with young Michael and showed some surprising depth in three scenes.

After the nuthouse escape though it all goes seriously downhill because from that point he's in Carpenter territory and I don't think it could be done better than the original.

On Rice's point about not caring where Michael came from I'm torn. On the one hand I like the idea of Michael just being evil for no discernable reason. On the other I'm curious about his past.

I think Zombie took the wrong approach in making the Myers' so trashy. It was a vulgar and ham handed characterization of a dysfunctional family and I don't think it served to make the story any better. What would have been cool, IMHO, would be to have had Michael come from an idyllic family with loving parents and siblings.

The origin of Michael's early life experience was so expected and trite that it almost ruined it for me. If it hadn't been for Daeg Faerch saving the day with his performance I don't know if I could have sat through it.

As for a sequel... I'm going to have to see where he's going with it before coming out in support of it.

didn't hate or love the remake but just being a plain old big Halloween fan I'm definitely catching this.

I liked the re-make as well so for me this is good news. Zombie agrees with me in a big way. I know its sacrilege to say this but hey! Here goes anyway, the first movie was even way more stupider than this last one. So there. You go Zombie.

Here's to hoping Zombie is able to work in a part for Mama Firefly this time around. Wasn't she great?

I liked the re-make as well so for me this is good news. Zombie agrees with me in a big way. I know its sacrilege to say this but hey! Here goes anyway, the first movie was even way more stupider than this last one. So there. You go Zombie.

Here's to hoping Zombie is able to work in a part for Mama Firefly this time around. Wasn't she great?

So you're saying that you like the Zombie version better than the original?

Really? The first I consider to be one of the greatest films ever made. I couldn't even think about comparing it to the remake. In no way could I find any of it stupid either.

So you're saying that you like the Zombie version better than the original?
Yes.

The original is just a bad movie. Sorry, but it is. Like I said about a year ago, I did like the theme song though.

One of my least favorite Carpenter films.

Yes.

The original is just a bad movie. Sorry, but it is. Like I said about a year ago, I did like the theme song though.

Surprising, but cool. To each his own.

What's your favorite Carpenter? The Thing for me.

Yes.

These words have hurt me a little.

Care to elaborate on what is so bad about it?

I also prefer the remake over the original, although I don't think Carpenter's classic is a bad movie. I thought Zombie did a great job with the film. I especially liked the character of young Michael Myers. I loved how Zombie showed the viewers just how demented the boy was. For example the part with the animals in his room and the part with Judith's boyfriend.

I also prefer the remake over the original, although I don't think Carpenter's classic is a bad movie. I thought Zombie did a great job with the film. I especially liked the character of young Michael Myers. I loved how Zombie showed the viewers just how demented the boy was. For example the part with the animals in his room and the part with Judith's boyfriend.
Wow. This is fairly unexpected. I thought most considered the remake inferior. I'd like to hear more people's views on it.

Starman is my favorite of his. I also really like The Thing. Big fan of Big Trouble in Little China. I like Dark Star too, such a weird little flick.

Obviously I love Escape from New York and even though its bad I also really dig In the Mouth of Madness.

I forgot that Starman was Carpenter's film... good call. I like the red light, yellow light analysis. That's a quote I use in R.L. ... 'yellow light - go really, really fast'.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Personally I would love to see Rob Zombie make horror remakes of most horrors ie Friday 13th, Hellraiser. Because I like his style and the way he makes films. He has a good eye for movies IMO.

Yes.

agreed zombie version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the original