Bye Bye Bye

Tools    

He told me several months ago (a year ago?) he wanted to take a break, and if he didn't come back, so be it. This was before Trump and everything. So this doesn't really surprise me. I say go if that's what you need to do. If you come back, you come back. If you stay gone, you stay gone. I've personally decided that I can't control if I go or stay. If it happens, it happens. I'll just go with the flow.

This theme song to Nightmare on Elm Street that he posted doesn't sound like the real theme song, though. It sounds like a cover version. Disappointing final note from Nostromo there.

Originally Posted by TONGO
*WAVES BACK*

I have no problem waving at what looks like Trump supporters.

I hope you're not going because of those political threads Nostro. It's always frustrating to argue politics in a to and fro thread. I hope you feel like coming back in a little while
Take care
X

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
To your: "Bye Bye Bye"
I say: "Hi Hi Hi"

If you want to leave... you can't!

Because I put a course on you.

A Mortal Kombat Scorpion course!

Every time you want to leave, Scorpion appears and says:

GET OVER HERE

And so you are back.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I don't follow these threads but it's disappointing because this guy was nice very nice.

Hope you come back one day man

I think about another break too

Same. I'll echo what others have said: if this is because of political threads, I'd wait a day and reconsider. The election'll be over at some point, and nobody's gonna get any grief from me for just deciding they don't want to participate in them, anyway.

If it's for other reasons, well, I'm still sorry to see you go, but hope whatever necessitate it clears up and you can find your way back sometimes.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Is it because of "This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 2 seconds."?

I've often wanted to leave because of that, but 2 seconds later I was cool with it again.

Thanks for the good times, mate.

Of course, if this is about the political thread, then I'd hope you'll reconsider in a few days/hours/minutes depending on how much like SC you are.

You need to leave for more than 30 minutes to win that
Hey, the last time I said I was leaving, practically a full day passed before I came back.

I like the fact that Nostromo put "RETIRED" under his avatar. When I last said I was leaving the forum, I put "RETIRED MOFO" under my avatar. I started a trend.

Nostromo has been one of my favorite mofos since I first joined. As I've said a few times before, I think he's the coolest member of the forum. He's always been a very chill, laid-back dude. Great personality. Great sense of humor. And he's always been about having fun, trying to keep a lighthearted, party vibe to a forum that can sometimes get bogged down in petty drama. His threads are always entertaining. He's got a knack for creativity. A talent for graphics and presentation. His posts are always stylish. And I think he has some of the coolest taste in films. He's also one of the few mofos whom I consider to be a genuine friend. He and I have had some fun conversations in private messages. And with the exception of maybe Swan, I feel like Nostromo's the mofo who I can most easily see myself being buds with outside the forum. Maybe because we're the same age. Maybe because we share a lot of the same interests and a similar outlook on things. But I feel confident that if Nostromo and I knew each other in real life, if we had gone to the same high school or something like that, that we'd be good pals. He'd certainly be a fun person to hang out with. And I know that Movie Forums will be a lot less entertaining without him.

So I'm really bummed to see him go, and I hope this is one of those Brett Favre retirements that don't last, but I've feared that this was going to happen as soon as I saw him getting involved in those political threads. Nothing good ever comes from those threads, and I don't understand why people waste their time in pointless, roundabout arguments that never go anywhere. I was surprised that Nostromo, the most laid-back dude on here, was willingly venturing into the barren wasteland of the forums, the threads where hostility grows like cancer in the desiccated corpse of fun. Nostromo told me just a few days ago that he had become disillusioned with Movie Forums, but I didn't expect him to depart from us so soon. I think it does a mofo good to step away from the forum from time to time (I've certainly made a habit out of that myself), so hopefully in a few days/weeks/months Nostromo will return to us -- recharged, rejuvenated, more like his old self.

And if not, in order to keep from missing him too much, I'll simply pretend that he lurks among us, his shroud removed, his transformation into the Invisible Man finally complete.

I'll miss you, buddy.
In case you don't return to us, good luck finishing your degree and best of luck in all future endeavors. I'm confident that you'll be successful in whatever path you take.

A last minute 50s list would have been going out in style.
Nostromo badly wanted to host a countdown himself. I bet it would have looked great.