The Annual MoFo Christmas Thread

Tools    

No Trans Siberian Orchestra this year. I've seen them twice before though. Used to go to this guys display. It was maybe two or three blocks away from my house as the crow flies but more like several hundred thousand dollars in terms of property values. He has since moved it to a local park. Judging by the thousands of people it would draw every year his neighbors probably complained. The actual display starts around the 2:20 mark.

yay! Christmas gifts!

Holy crap. I got that exact same thing for my sister.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Did you like it?

I just rewatched it yesterday. Such a fun movie.

Yes it was quite fun, very 80s!

I was never allowed to watch it as a child. I watched it with my 12 year old who spent the first half hour intermittently saying "are you sure this is a horror movie" and then when the gremlin went in the blender just went "oh, now I get it".

You ready? You look ready.
Holy crap. I got that exact same thing for my sister.
because great minds realize paper is king. a map that is a little out of date is better than no map at all. ok, i’m actually just starting to nerd out on maps, thank god most are freeish. i wouldn’t mind some gazetteers too, but i ain’t paying those prices

because great minds realize paper is king. a map that is a little out of date is better than no map at all. ok, i’m starting to nerd out on maps, thank god most are freeish
I noticed she was using this ancient version with no cover. It was mostly scotch taped together. I think she'll like it.

so who here is already living christmas? some of y’all’s cheating being in earlier time zones. i don’t want it to arrive because then i gotta wait another year

Merry Christmas. Thank you all for being you all I wish everyone much love and happiness!

Just about to start here. The days of rushing downstairs at dawn, or whenever I can earliest convince everyone else to start, are long gone. I'm happy to sip coffee and read some things and go at a leisurely pace now.

Merry Christmas Mofo!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Merry Xmas!
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

just finished cooking/eating Christmas breakfast. waffles, bacon, and eggs

as the day gets later i will get sadder and sadder, and then this next week i’m gonna be a wreck

****ing merry christmas!