World Cup 2006:Germany

Tools    

Boo... hiss...

Hell yeah, France scores! If this holds up, the Turd World will now be completely out of the Cup. Awsome!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Ignoring the troll...

Whoever said Brazil were there for the taking got it spot on.

France bossed them out of it, just as they did to Spain. All they need is Laurent Blanc wheeled on in a bathchair to give the increasingly Donald Pleasance-alike Barthez a kiss on the bonce and we've got '98 all over again.

With wrinkles.

And England? To be honest they didn't deserve to go any further as Portugal look a very average team. Tactically inept and lacking in any sort of passion until they were down to 10 men, bye bye Sven - it's been underwhelming. It's just a pity that nasty little sh*t Ronaldo gets to play in a Semi.

With France in this form I'm betting the graceless oik won't go any further. It's just a pity I didn't stick a tenner on the French a week ago.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Bye Bye Brazil.

Sad to see England go, but I'm pulling for Germany now. I hope Italy gets their ass kicked.

Suspect's Reviews

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
I just love the fact that Brazil is OUT!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Tacitus
And England? To be honest they didn't deserve to go any further as Portugal look a very average team. Tactically inept and lacking in any sort of passion until they were down to 10 men, bye bye Sven - it's been underwhelming.
Ay, after that first half, we deserved no more. A team that looks to win games from set-pieces (which is basically what we were doing with that set-up) is never gonna set the world alight

I take some pride in the fact that the ten men fought so hard, and created the better chances. And that England still can't be seen off without penalties . But that's about it. Can't see that there'll be any huge changes under McClaren's rule either. But we can always hope

And at least there was finally 90mins of excitement in the end. For the non-neutral

---

Ach well, time to support Murray in the tennis now instead. Just to piss off the Scots

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Originally Posted by Golgot
Ach well, time to support Murray in the tennis now instead. Just to piss off the Scots

You're a better man than me!!!
Honestly I felt sorry for England today, but as you stated, England only seem to have a one dimensional gameplan under Sven.
On today's showing, neither England or Portugal deserve a semi final place, both teams were poor and lacking any real imagination.

So, fall-out from today will be Ronaldo being rightly booed at every ground next season, that's if he deems Man Unt still worthy, I just hope the media don't have another witch hunt over the boy Rooney.
With both my pre-tournament tips out, Brasil and Argentina, I would like Italy to win, perhaps the whole Pessoto episode will have a galvanising effect, but if Zidane pulls out another top performance, who would bet against them?
The only thing I feel sure about is that Portugal won't progress further, but like so many of my other posts in this thread, this'll probably come back to haunt me.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

i thought both teams ( Portugal and England ) were very good actually, especially in teh first half....it's just that they were equally good so no goals...( and a bit of bad luck )....

and i have to say that i would love to see Portugal win it....i know they don't have a big chance but i'm really sick and tired of the same "big" teams winning it...

plus with Deco back, who knows....i honestly don't think France is that good...anyone can be beaten....

Well it looks like this Brazil vs. France game is the only game that I completely mispredicted (see my last few posts)....b ut what a great game. My team is out but for some reason i really really enjoyed the way france played. So now that my favorite team is out and seeing as how france is getting stronger and stringer....i'm now rooting for France..although I wish portugal wasn't up next. We'll see.

Such a good cup this year.

I thought England did well not to conceede any goals on 10 men. Though i'm sure if we made it through, we'd be trounced in the next round.

Well the good thing about England going out is there will be no more Sven and his defensive plays and favouritism (Heskey, Lump-lard).

I knew the moment Lampard came up to take a penalty that he would miss. His world Cup goal attempt record just speaks for itself.

However the biggest shame about the whole game is that it took the sending off of Rooney for the true English passion to come out.
It was 13 to 9 then. (The ref and Lampard secretly wearing Portugal colours.)
That was the first time in the entire tournament that I thought, YES WERE PLAYING THE WAY WE SHOULD BE!!!!
But too little, too late.

Originally Posted by Revenant
YES WERE PLAYING THE WAY WE SHOULD BE!!!!
But too little, too late.

I don't know what game you were watching son, but england played like crap right to the very end.

england survived this long on set peices..very lucky ones.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Equilibrium
I don't know what game you were watching son, but england played like crap right to the very end.

england survived this long on set peices..very lucky ones.
There was passion in our play, once we went a man down. I reckon that's what Rev was saying. That's worth a tiny bit of respect

And we did actually score a few sweet goals along the way Eq, from open play. I ain't saying we played the beautiful game, but we did show sparks of it along the way

Originally Posted by Golgot
There was passion in our play, once we went a man down. I reckon that's what Rev was saying. That's worth a tiny bit of respect

And we did actually score a few sweet goals along the way Eq, from open play. I ain't saying we played the beautiful game, but we did show sparks of it along the way
Yea, I'd agree with that.

But Golg, I would argue that Ecuador, Tunsia, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia, Spain,Holland, and Switzerland all showed the same if not more sparks of beautiful play and they didnt make it as far as england.

Theres a difference between saying england has sparks of beautiful play (they are the national team they better have it) and saying they have sparks of beautiful world cup play.

I am really cheering for France to win the World Cup since my Pop-Pop and Grams live there and my Dad was born there.

Originally Posted by Purple_Panther
I am really cheering for France to win the World Cup since my Pop-Pop and Grams live there and my Dad was born there.
on a side note, if thats you in your avatar...you're very beautiful.

If not, then ignore me.

Let me put it this way.

After Rooney went it actually looked like Engalnd wanted to win.

Originally Posted by Equilibrium
on a side note, if thats you in your avatar...you're very beautiful.

If not, then ignore me.
Yes that is me. Thank You so much for the sweet comments. RU a supporter of France as Well ?

I am having a nervous breakdance
France has won my heart over. Zidane, one of my all-time favourite players, is looking great. And Henry's got elegance written all over him - what a goal! I think the whole team is looking solid - Barthez... well, no comments. This Ribery guy is my new favourite though...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.