Which historical figures would you like a movie made on ??

Tools    

I would like a film to be made on Jan Sobieski , the great king of Poland . It was he who defeated the Turks in the battle of Vienna when they had invaded Austria in 1683 and thus he prevented the whole of Europe from coming under Turkish domination.
The film should be shown to every German to remind them that it was a Pole who saved them from being conquered by the Islamic hordes .

Also I would like a film to be made on Heraclius , the ruler of the Eastern Roman empire who drove out the invading Persians from Egypt , Syria and Anatolia . But towards the end of his life when he was old he had to suffer the tragic fate of seeing the very provinces he had saved from the Persians being conquered by the Arabs .

Nero
King John
Alexander II (Russia)
Ludwig II (Germany)
Peter the Great
Henry The 8th
Socrates
Vlad the Impaler
Ivan the Terrible
Hannibal
Aristophanes
Da Vinci

Lenin

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Lenin and Mccartney

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
Andre the Giant's early life was inspiration for the film My Giant, but I agree, a film on Andre would be neat.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Andre the Giant's early life was inspiration for the film My Giant, but I agree, a film on Andre would be neat.
Andre's life was so interesting and kind of hilarious, there are a ton of legendary stories that turned out to be true, and given a good cast and director? This could be awesome. Weirdly, I'd almost see a bulked up Jason Siegel playing Andre, with Paul Giamatti as his manager Bobby Heenan, and maybe Henry Rollins or someone like that playing Hulk Hogan? Directed by Milos Forman (I loved his movie Man on the Moon)...just a thought.

John Lennon (This one has to be made, starring either Ryan Gosling or Ewan McGregor as John)
Martin Luther King Jr.
Kurt Cobain
Elvis Presley
Cat Stevens
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

John Wilkes Booth. There's a good story of romanticism, infidelity, family rivalry, eccentricity and the passions of the civil war era. He was considered to be ravishingly handsome, a rock star of his era. The story has a conspiracy, a single, climactic act of violence and then a manhunt that ends with him dead. I'd like to write the screenplay and condense the characters in the manhunt into Tommy Lee Jones. If Tom Cruise were younger, he'd be a good Booth but I'm not sure who is right for the title role; he has to be latter 20's, can't think of anybody with the right look since Booth is an obsolete personality style.

We had a historically accurate, but rather procedural movie about Mary Surratt (the least interesting character among the conspirators), and a Lincoln epic; this would add to the period.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
you've clearly never seen my dinner with andre.
lol

Although you might not think of him as a historical person yet, I'd like to see a big budget, serious biopic about Stephen King.

I think that would be interesting... to see his life come to the screen, showing him writing his books, becoming incredibly successful, dealing with his alcoholism and his near-death in 1999 and all the dark demons going on with him. They make movies about stupid people you never knew of before (Jordan Belfort, for example) who are still alive -- why not more movies about people who are still alive, are famous, and are more well known?

And plus, Stephen King is responsible for so many movies and TV shows that have been made.

I wonder who could play Stephen King if they made it now.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	stephen-king.jpg
Views:	881
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	12602  

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Sokurov's Taurus. I haven't seen it yet.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I've seen his Faust and it was too surreal for me :/ I want more like Dr. Zhivago type of Lenin story.

Ghost In The Machine
Caligula

I would like to see a proper, non-penthouse produced film about one of Rome's most notorious emporers.

Likewise...

A serious film about Catherine II of Russia (Catherine the Great) and her achievements, support for the Enlightenment etc.

should I resist the temptation of adding a 'this time from the horse's perspective' joke? ...too late!

Tomas Edison. Honestly, I know he did some rather horrible things but I'd like to see if someone could capture the kind of mind he had for us to see on the big screen.

VFN
Winter Calls Thy Name
Anyone think that biopics are inherently boring because it's not the figures themselves that are fascinating but their accomplishments?