The MoFo Top 100 of the 2010s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

So, what if you do but two hours of it is a bit much. That rhetorical. I had some buddies that loved this kind of stuff. I can appreciate the skill and creativity of guys like Bruce, Jackie, and Jet. That skill and creativity can’t sustain me for a whole movie though, never really has. For me it’s like when you go to an amusement park and see a cool show, they are usually like ten minutes. They start, and I’m like this is really cool. Then after five minutes I’m packing up before it’s over.
Hmm. Yeah, I guess you might have to more than appreciate it. You maybe have to kind of love it. I do.

For me it’s never boring. Rarely monotonous. Always exciting. Because it’s not just kicks and hits and moves. It’s very well choreographed. Very precise, inventive and smooth. Each fight is like a dance number. A dance between fighters and a dance with the camera.

Added to that is well timed edits, structure, build up, momentum and tempo shifts. I love it. I understand completely why if one doesn’t. If one finds it monotonous or too much of a good thing. But when it’s this well done I eat it up.

I saw The Raid 2 in the cinemas and it was one of the best times. And I’ve seen it several times since. Still great.

Adrenaline enticing, epic and unforgettable cinematic experience with more depth of characters and story than its predecessor. One of my all time favorite martial arts films. The Raid 2 was my #1. Nice to see it has some fans around here and made the countdown, although it's way too low.
Shutter Island was my #24. What can I say..? It's a Scorsese.. *makes an Italian hand gesture..

SEEN 20/26
BALLOT 5/25

Happy New Year MoFos!

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
I really need to track down and watch the Raid movies. I had two pure action films on my list, but neither has showed up yet.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

i think it could be called a comedy in the sense that it's deeply funny and satirical but it certainly has very little in common with most traditional comedies and i didn't include it on my comedy ballot even though i could've and it would've been my #1. doesn't really have jokes as much as it heightens its characters to absurd levels such that there's always a certain layer of irony that's very funny, but beneath that layer is darkness and beauty. it's hard to categorize in any genre but if i had to be descriptive i'd call it surrealist pop-poetry crime satire.
Yep. There it is.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence

Two hours in the new year here already!

Having liked (but not loved) The Raid, I've not been in any rush to watch the sequel. I'll get to it at some point now that it's on the list. (EDIT: 2.5 hours?!?!?!?!?)

I liked Shutter Island, but was kind of baffled by the strong positive reception it got. I felt like I was being gaslighted, because while the cast is great, there was something very average about it for me.

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on Shutter Island

I’ve sort of been meaning to watch it again. I wasn’t that big a fan the first time around. Like someone already mentioned in this thread, I also saw the “twist” coming a mile away before even starting the movie. But it’s not said in the sense that I’m some sort of superior being, I usually suck at figuring things like that out. But that one just seemed obvious to me. And it probably did to others too.

Of course, figuring out a twist or seeing it as too obvious doesn’t necessarily ruin a whole film - especially if it has so much talent in front and behind the camera. That’s also why I’m willing to see it again. But I don’t know when it will be. I’m not exactly in a hurry and I think I’d rather watch a Scorsese flick I haven’t seen yet than rewatch that one. Oh well.

And since there’s already great guesses I’ll have to guess something else…

74. Get Out
73. Zero Dark Thirty

So who's not going to a big New Year's Eve party, but staying home and watching a movie?
Me! I'm watching 1776 (the director's cut) on blu ray.