Movie Tab II

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
U-Turn (Stone, 1997)

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The dialogue is misremembered, but that's a scene from Hill's Spaghetti Western parody Trinity is Still My Name. A similar bit of action takes place in My Name is Nobody too.

And I can't imagine why you posted such a question in this thread.
Thank you Holden. I knew people check out this thread more. My dad was a little shaky about the dialogue so, I cleaned it up a bit. Anyways, he wants me to see it but, he didn't remember the name of it. Thanks again. My dad will appreciate it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Kalifornia
1993 - Dominic Sena

Brother
2000 - Takeshi Kitano

First time seeing the uncut version. I wish it would get an R1 release.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Garrett
Brother
2000 - Takeshi Kitano

First time seeing the uncut version. I wish it would get an R1 release.
That's a pity. I bought the R2 version for £4.99 (sorry to rub it in). It's an excellent film but not one of Kitano's very best.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
That's a pity. I bought the R2 version for £4.99 (sorry to rub it in). It's an excellent film but not one of Kitano's very best.
What do you think is his best? I'm just getting interested in him.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Garrett
What do you think is his best? I'm just getting interested in him.
Sonatine is the number one for me, though Zatoichi and Hana bi come close.

He's certainly an interesting guy, and the best director Japan has right now in my opinion.

The Breakfast Club

100/5

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory --- the older one. Gene Wilder is fantastic as the rude and very creepy Willy Wonka. Best bit in a film ever, when the door to the chocolate room is opened. Willy Wonka says 'Hold your breath, make a wish' and I always do because that scene takes my breath away every time i see it.

Chicago --- Im a sucker for musicals and this one blew me away because i had just never seen anything like it before. I had no idea this cast could sing and i was really surprised. Rob Marshall did a great job reinventing this movie and i found everything to be spot on. Great costumes, really cool transitions and introductions to different numbers.

Brother - I like Kitano. He just seems like he'd be the coolest guy in the worl to hang out with. Whether as a blind old guy, or as a cold hearted yakuza killer. I liked Brother more than Zatoichi, but the English speaking cast in this one was pretty bad for the most part.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Mr. 3000 - I liked it but it could have been better. the romantic subplot was tacked on and nearly ruined the entire flick. Why can't they have just made the entire movie about Bernie Mac trying to play baseball? That part of it was good. I hate focus group inspired cinema.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I got for good luck my black tooth.

So stupid that it was enjoyable. Very fun, modern camp in very good form. ***/5

Comedian
I liked it!

Samurai Fiction
I sort of liked it!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Arresting your development
I watched The Sandlot and The Muppet Movie with the kids last night.

I like both of them. I think I laughed more than the kids.

The End Has Come
I just saw Sidekicks (1992) for the first time on cable. It had to be one of the top 10 cheesiest films I ever saw.

Originally Posted by John McClane
Operation Condor- Enjoyed every bit.
One of my favorite Jackie Chan movies. Stay as far away from the second one as you can. I literally wanted to gouge my eyes out.

Monty Python Live at the Hollywood Bowl

Lets put a smile on that block
Spellbound (2002 - Jeffrey Blitz)
Pretty good stuff, was a bit scary seeing these families from these downtrodden area's of the states entering their kids into these spelling Bee thingy's for all that money. Although the kids seemed to be overly obsessed with spelling so im sure they didnt mind too much. The little dude with the braces and serious verbal diarreoha was hilarious. Shame he gets booted out quite early on. Funny stuff although not that engagaing.

Lifeboat (1944 - Alfred Hitchcock)
Great film. Hitch hasn't dissapointed me yet. This must have caused a storm when it was released, i love the whole micro-world thing he has going on the lifeboat. Superb viewing. Plus it looked beautiful as always.

Interview With a Vampire (1994 - Neil Jordan)
Great film. Cruise is wonderful as Lestat de Lioncourt, this was his first performance that actually made me realise his a good character performer...if you get what i mean. Pitt is nothing spesh as troubled Louis, whilst Dunst is superb as the never changing Claudia. Great script by Rice, i really should read the books one day. The film looks amazing and has an awsome soundtrack to accompany the epic story. Great stuff.

Mulholland Dr. (2001 - David Lynch)
My second viewing of this, and the first of many viewings i will be having over the coming weeks as i have to write an essay on this mindf*ck of a film. Superb stuff, there is so so much to say about this film. If you ignore the genius story, it looks brilliant, sounds superbly creepy and Watts is wonderful as Betty/Diane and Theroux is brilliant as troubled director Adam. The story just blows me away. I think i have it kind of figured out, need lots more viewings though. If an illusion can give you real emotions and desires, but it is only an illusion, not real, then are your emotions only an illusion?

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory --- the older one. Gene Wilder is fantastic as the rude and very creepy Willy Wonka.
I love Gene Wilder as the Wonk. He is superbly odd.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams."

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
One of my favorite Jackie Chan movies. Stay as far away from the second one as you can. I literally wanted to gouge my eyes out.
Did you know the "sequel", Armour of the Gods actually came first? They switched em around for the U.S. release. Anywho, is it Armour or Condor which has the stunt where Jackie jumps on top of a hot air balloon in mid-flight? That part, at least, was fantastic.

history *is* moralizing
La Campana del Infierno (Bell From Hell, F/Sp 1972), well, pure nonsense, but since the director died making his first movie before he could finish it, falling from the tower where the bell's hanging... hadda see it.