Movie Tab II

Tools    

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by susan
while the violence was a little over the top
blahblah.........

Fall Guy
1982 - Kinji Fukasaku

Sin City (Robert Rodriguez & Frank Miller - 2005)

Desperado (Robert Rodriguez - 1995)

Ash Wednesday (2002 - Edward Burns)

I am having a nervous breakdance
Bloody Sunday (2002 - Paul Greengrass). Very good, very upsetting and very realistic. The on-the-streets scenes looked exactly like a documentary, fantastically well done. Greengrass tried to make the dramatized scenes in a similar way, with shaky cameras and all that. If I had to complain about something, and I guess I always have to, I think these "drama scenes" should have been filmed in a more conventional style, so to speak. I think that would have made it all even better and made the scenes of the marching, the riots and the shootings feel even more real. But aside from that, I have nothing to complain about. Brilliant film and James Nesbitt et al were great.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Lets put a smile on that block
Hang on...

Lance watched Ash Wednesday, Pidd watched Bloody Sunday...

So who's gonna watch Freaky Friday?

You ready? You look ready.
Freedy vs. Jason- What the hell is wrong with me. Boy, I was bored. What a piece of *****. :shakes head:

EDIT: The closest DLP theatre for me is 179 miles away. Damn.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Hang on...

Lance watched Ash Wednesday, Pidd watched Bloody Sunday...

So who's gonna watch Freaky Friday?
...or anything with Daniel Day Lewis.

history *is* moralizing
Isola, Japan 2000, not bad at all, and Kurosawa's granddaughter is really really really pretty!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and is a good actress too, or so it seems.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Dark Water (2002, Hideo Nakata)

3.5/5 - Decent enough chiller though I'd be interested to see if Walter Salles' Hollywood remake goes for the full 'Kid In Peril' thang...

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Get Shorty --- I love this film so much, largely because its just so damn cool. This movie doesn't try too hard and just sorta goes with the flow whereas its sequel tried way too hard. Chilli Palmer is just the coolest cat on the block and John Travolta is real good in this movie. Dennis Farina in this movie is so darn funny especially when he beats up Harry Zimm (Gene Hackman).

Originally Posted by Tacitus
Dark Water (2002, Hideo Nakata)

3.5/5 - Decent enough chiller though I'd be interested to see if Walter Salles' Hollywood remake goes for the full 'Kid In Peril' thang...

Man, I thought that one was the ****... Scared the hell out of me...

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Man, I thought that one was the ****... Scared the hell out of me...
Very atmospheric, and far less contrived than Ringu. Have you seen Save The Green Planet yet? I'm waiting for that one to drop on my mat.

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Get Shorty --- Dennis Farina in this movie is so darn funny

"You know, they say the ****ing smog is the ****ing reason you have such beautiful ****ing sunsets." - Ray Bones

Shinjuku Triad Society
1995 - Takashi Miike

Originally Posted by Lance McCool

"You know, they say the ****ing smog is the ****ing reason you have such beautiful ****ing sunsets." - Ray Bones
"E.G....I.E.....**** You!"

Bones gets some of the best lines in that movie.

You ready? You look ready.
The Miracle of Morgan's Creek- Loved it. Very funny and entertaining. Thanks for the heads up Holden. I couldn't catch the other ones but, I wanted too. Just too darn tried.

A system of cells interlinked
Kill Bill Vol I

Michelle had some company over, and his company wasn't digging the Sturges, so it got shut off. I will catch it again another time....