Movie Tab II

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Playtime (1967) by Jacques Tati. Brilliant...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Ôdishon - (1999, Takashi Miike)

4/5

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
SIN CITY
DITTO
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
SIN CITY
And the verdict is?
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Manchurian Candidate (the remake)
too melodramtic for me

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Tacitus
Ôdishon - (1999, Takashi Miike)

4/5

You liked it that much? It was a bit of a disappointment for me.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm Not Scared

Loved it! What a beautiful movie...

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
I love the slow pace, the impending sense of dread, the editing.

Oh, and the rubber apron...

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Contact --- Jodie Foster was real good as a scientist who discovers a signal coming from deep space, hidden in the signal are schematics for a machine that will transport one person through space. I wont spoil what happens for anyone who hasnt seen it but Jodie's performance in the last part of the film, her speech was amazing and filled with such emotion i think it was great. I was totally gripped.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
It was for me too. I own it on DVD but i really don't think i'll be watching it that much, the slow pace of it killed me, i just didnt think the story that comes before the horrid horrid ending really justifies it.
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Contact --- Jodie's performance in the last part of the film, her speech was amazing and filled with such emotion i think it was great. I was totally gripped.
I absoloutly love this film. The story just flows brilliantly, and it looks so pretty. Plus the music is nice and i love watching the opening scene with the sound right up, its incredible.

history *is* moralizing
well don't ask me if i've seen Sin City since we won't have it before May here, and June in France! third world countries i tell you...........
Real Fiction, Kim Ki Deog 2000, weird...

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
It was for me too. I own it on DVD but i really don't think i'll be watching it that much, the slow pace of it killed me, i just didnt think the story that comes before the horrid horrid ending really justifies it.
I thought it resembled the spawn of Alfred Hitchcock and David Cronenberg. The pacing, for me, was crucial to the story - ie, it's a love story with Asami's revealed past and Aoyama's increasing guilt building throughout the film.

The ending is, true, not for everyone and subsequent viewings haven't made it any easier to watch.

"Love me only." yeah right...

Originally Posted by chicagofrog
well don't ask me if i've seen Sin City since we won't have it before May here, and June in France!
Did someone say France sucks? Hmm, Hmm, Hmmmm!?!?!

mr. mom had to watch it in school in a class. didnt find it funny or entertaining at all

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Contact --- Jodie Foster was real good as a scientist who discovers a signal coming from deep space, hidden in the signal are schematics for a machine that will transport one person through space. I wont spoil what happens for anyone who hasnt seen it but Jodie's performance in the last part of the film, her speech was amazing and filled with such emotion i think it was great. I was totally gripped.
I watched that one a couple a years ago. It wasn't that bad. I didn't think to much about it though. I'm glad you liked it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Sin City
I saw it too. What did you think of it? I also saw The Birdcage on strong recommendation by my aunt. She let me down on that one.

Sin City - Pure disgusting, gory joy. Marv was the best thing about the movie. Every minute he was onscreen was gold.