Movie Tab II

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
I watched that too. Well, most of it. I got distracted when the news came on and forgot all about it. But I've seen it before, many times. Great movie.
I hate it when they do that. But even though i have the dvd of this film, i still found myself getting excited and watching it on the box. Odd.

Blood Simple
I think some parts were bland while the rest/majority were extra dope. Booya.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

history *is* moralizing
King of the Ants, 2003, bad bad bad...

A system of cells interlinked
True Lies (Cameron, 1994) Fun, fun...

"First I'm gonna use you as a human shield, then I gonna take that chisel and kill the guard with it. Then I was thinking about breaking your neck."

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Miss Congeniality --- This original really makes me laugh even now, every time she falls over still cracks me up. Sandra Bullock has that great comic timing that is rivaled by other female comics. Can't wait for the sequel

Soul Plane --- Pointless

Thirteen Conversations About One Thing
2001 - Jill Sprecher

Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl
1998 - Katsuhito Ishii

Mallrats (Kevin Smith - 1995)
SIX 1/2 out of TEN

Le Violon Rouge (François Girard - 1998)
SEVEN 1/2 out of TEN

I am having a nervous breakdance
Mon oncle (1958), directed by Jaques Tati.

This Academy Award winner in the Best Foreing Film category as well as winner of the Jury Prize in Cannes is a bit more stylized than Jour de fête (1949) and Les Vacances de M. Hulot (1953), the "first" two films in my Tati DVD-box. Still it has not yet arrived at the highly stylized level of Playtime (1967) (which I've seen a long time ago - and am watching again soon).

I really enjoyed Mon oncle. It's really warm and occasionally hillarious and also not just a little melancholic. Tati's character, Monsieur Hulot, is the typical goodhearted silent anti-hero that doesn't fit in anywhere. He's a loner and not liked by the modern, well situated bourgeoisie but kids and ordinary people see the good in him; if they notice him.

It's also interesting to see how Tati (Hulot), himself inspired by Chaplin and other silent era comedians (I imagine), has been an influence on such different individuals like swedish director Roy Andersson as well as Rowan Atkinson.

I really recommend Mon oncle to ..well.. all of you.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Do you know my poetry?
The Saphead
1920 - Herbert Blaché

Fanny and Alexander
1982 - Ingmar Bergman

Kinsey (2004)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Liam Neeson, Laura Linney, Chris O'Donnell, John Lithgow, Oliver Platt, Peter Sarsgaard, Tim Curry, Timothy Hutton, Dylan Baker
Directed by: Bill Condon

My Grade: A

Welcome to the Dollhouse (1996)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Heather Matarazzo, Matthew Faber, Brendan Sexton III, Eric Mabius, Angela Piepropinto
Directed by: Todd Solondz

Elf (2003)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Will Ferrell, James Caan, Bob Newhart, Edward Asner, Mary Steenburgen, Zooey Deschanel, Daniel Tay
Directed by: Jon Favreau

My Grade: A-

The Incredibles (2004)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter, Samuel L. Jackson, Jason Lee, Elizabeth Peña, Sarah Vowell, Spencer Fox
Directed by: Brad Bird

Shaun of the Dead (2004)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, Kate Ashfield, Dylan Moran, Lucy Davis

Directed by: Edgar Wright

4.0 GPA! Woo-Hoo!!!
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just had a huge post to make and then it wouldn't let me! What is this?

Here's a (much) shortened version:

Hostage - Bruce Willis vehicle which really allowed for the showing off of talent from the young Ben Foster who plays the film's deranged homicidal madman villain. See this for this guy's performance, but really everything else is merely OK. It seems that the director's only real influence is David Fincher and really he isn't an experienced enough director to warrant it, yet. C+

Robots - Great animation, good comedy, OK story (although the way this SLAMS Disney is great). B

Leon: The Professional - Luc Besson really needs to get his butt working like this again. A

The Ring Two - Very, very tense. I really like both of the American versions, but I wouldn't call them scary. Just tense. The final sequence is fantastic here, and I really don't think they left room for another one (which is a good thing). The series needs to end here. B

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Vol. 1 - Best Star Wars related material to come out in a long time. This is basically just a showcase for how bad@$$ the central Jedi characters are, but it works. Mace Windu's segment had my draw dropped for its entire length. Oh and by the way this shows some BIG moments for Anakin, in case anyone was wondering if this tied in well with the films. B+

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Not with an A- smrty pants!

Alexander
Alien: Resurrection

Now Playing: [Inside Me] I wish I knew who actually does this song, but it's a pretty solid techno song that samples one of the best moments of Resurrection. I love me some movie samples in songs. Favorite would have to be Plasmic Honey - The Exorcism.

Originally Posted by OG-
Not with an A- smrty pants!
I wanted to see who the first person to correct me would be.

Loser.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I wanted to see who the first person to correct me would be.

Loser.
That means I won, you're wrong again!

Originally Posted by OG-
That means I won...
Not in my book.

Nit-picker. :rasberry smilie:

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Nit-picker. :rasberry smilie:
Is that the same thing as a Strawberry Shortcake? If so, sign me up!!

Dick (1999)

(view the trailer)

Starring: Kirsten Dunst, Michelle Williams, Dan Hedaya, Will Ferrell, David Foley

Directed by: Andrew Fleming

My Grade: B+

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by OG-
Is that the same thing as a Strawberry Shortcake? If so, sign me up!!

I'd rather it were Strawberry Switchblade...

*any MoFos getting this reference deserve my eternal gratitude, and a little stick of Blackpool rock...