Movie Tab II

Tools    

I am having a nervous breakdance
Hannibal (2001, Ridley Scott). Not so good movie...
Far From Heaven (2002, Todd Haynes). Very good movie...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Secretary
Why'd I have the feeling this movie was going to be good? Was it a hit among festivals? Some of it looked pretty. Good color, although it was repetitive. You want to see some crazy color, try some Peter Greenaway (director), more specifically The Cook The Thief The Wife and Her Lover. I'm off track.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

history *is* moralizing
Saved, 2004, nice movie about the hypocrisy of American puritanism, with Jena Malone

Be Cool - Could have been very good, but ended up being mildly entertaining...at parts. Travolta, Cderic the Entertainer (yes really), The Rock (again, yes really), and Andre Benjamin (aka Andre 3000) were all good, but really no one else was.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Dodgeball - i just couldnt get over how small ben stiller is. But i did like Christine Taylor in this and id like to see more films from her and i think Justin Long has a good future ahead of him. Nice to see Rip Torn again. Pretty decent movie.

Originally Posted by jrs
Be Cool
2005 - F. Gary Gray
Really? What did you think was so great about it? I'd give it a 2 1/2 at best, it definitely wasn't in the same league as Get Shorty.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Get Shorty is absolute legend, i think its fantastic and i was real excited about a sequel but a lot of people have said its a bit rubbish.

Should i see this movie? Yay or nay?

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Get Shorty is absolute legend, i think its fantastic and i was real excited about a sequel but a lot of people have said its a bit rubbish.

Should i see this movie? Yay or nay?
I'd say nay, but apparently a lot of people are saying yay...

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by Lance McCool
I'd say nay, but apparently a lot of people are saying yay...
I respond with a second nay.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Miller's Crossing
A beautiful movie. I also enjoyed the interview with the DP (special feature).
Whats it about? Ive heard of it but never seen it or know anything about it. Its always on offer in my local HMV, special edition, might buy it...but might not. my decision rests on your words pimp boy.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
might buy it...but might not
Buy it, you won't regret it.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by nebbit
Seconded.

history *is* moralizing
Nightmare/Gawi, Korea 2000, not the best horror, but not bad at all, and if sometimes already seen before, still pretty to watch.

Originally Posted by nebbit
Thirded

RKO 281 - Interesting if true. Cromwell's and Griffith's relationship could have been handled a little better, but I liked pretty much everything else, except for the pointless use of CG as an establishing shot for Hearst's castle. That was cheap looking and quite ridiculous.

Spellbound - Great Hitchcock. I really liked that Salvadore Dali designed something for this. I adore his work.

Tanner '88 - "Episode 1: The Dark Horse" - Really funny. Does anyone know anything about this project? Did they really have Tanner set up as a presidential candidate, or was this just a TV show? So far my favorite character is the Taggerty reporter character.

Around The Bend
2004 - Jordan Roberts

First memorable Walken performance in a couple of years.

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by blibblobblib
Whats it about? Ive heard of it but never seen it or know anything about it. Its always on offer in my local HMV, special edition, might buy it...but might not. my decision rests on your words pimp boy.
An incredible film. Buy it immediately.

Knockaround Guys
This film had the same feeling of trying to take a poo' before the poo' was actually ready. It tried to hard. Hence, the frustrated face.