Lance Accused, Again

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Tour de France Head: Armstrong Needs to Come Clean Alright France, that's enough. I've quite had it with the "Lance does drugs" and "Take a urine test." Seriously, grow up or shut up. If seven years of nothing but negative drug tests doesn't tell you that Lance never did drugs, your country is in some serious trouble. Whether you believe Lance did drugs or not, it doesn't give you the right to attack and attack the greatest athlete on the face of this planet. Say what you will and say what you might. You'll never turn me away from one of the greatest role models in history. He fights back from cancer and you deny it with the up most rudeness. He wins his fifth tour yet, you all seem to want to spit and cuss him on the way to the top. He wins his sixth tour without any sight of end for the attempts to destroy his career contiune. Finally, he becomes the greatest thing for cycling when he wins his seventh tour. He steps down for good and then you accuse him. France, you give me hope for America.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
A case of jealousy? Lance Armstrong is a pioneer and legend of the Tour de France circuit, and after all he's been through it sounds very much a case of sour grapes.
Saddens me that even after he retires with an unblemished record they are still trying to tarnish his name and reputation.
Perhaps they should get behind him and support his charity work rather than focus on negative rumours that have no foundation.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Originally Posted by Darth Stujitzu
A case of jealousy? Lance Armstrong is a pioneer and legend of the Tour de France circuit, and after all he's been through it sounds very much a case of sour grapes.
Saddens me that even after he retires with an unblemished record they are still trying to tarnish his name and reputation.
Perhaps they should get behind him and support his charity work rather than focus on negative rumours that have no foundation.
Bingo. My dad and I think that all of his fellow riders that stand beside him and respect him should boycott the tour unless they back off Lance. I know I would if I was one of the riders.

Just leave the guy alone is all I have to say. What real harm did he cause? He has struggled alot and fought his way into submission and became who he is today. Somebody we all should be proud of.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Well, the guy is one of the greatest athletes ever, no question about that. But I don't think it's as simple as that and I don't think we've heard the last about this.... That's all for now.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Well, the guy is one of the greatest athletes ever, no question about that. But I don't think it's as simple as that and I don't think we've heard the last about this.... That's all for now.
You also have to take into account that Lance has past drug test after test. And finally, after 7 years they find drugs. Little bit funny hmm.

If I have understood this correctly they didn't look for "epo" back then so therefore they didn't find anything. But apparently the samples were being frozen and saved and now when they did look for "epo", they also found it in there. And today I read somewhere that Armstrong has admitted that he did use "epo", but as a part of his cancer treatment. The problem is, the way I've had it laid out for me, that the treatment stopped almost two years before his first tour victory when the sample was taken. I am not sure if "epo" was an illegal substance (hell, I don't even know what "epo" is - is it a substance?) back in those days, so even if he did use it, it's not clear if you could call that cheating or not.

We have to remember that substances that are not allowed today may have been allowed - or "undiscovered" - 7 years ago.

Another thing that I read in some article (I'm sorry I'm not able to link you to any of my sources) is that Armstrong's cancer treatment, according to some scientists, very well may have affected his body's abilities to recover itself after hard physical efforts in a positive way, which might explain his extraordinary post illness tour record. Well, together with enormous amounts of talent and training of course (and perhaps a little bit of help from Ms Crow as well ).

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Remember France 98?
Brazilian football star Ronaldo developed a strange virus on the day of the final.......
conspiracy?
What do our French Mofo's think?

Even still, why would they need to keep samples form 7 years ago I mean it don't suprize me but still why? And then you have the small thing about the results wouldn't be given to anybody except the Anti-Drug world thing. Also, they did this entire test on A samples where the B samples no long exist. If I understood that correctly.
If I have understood this correctly they didn't look for "epo" back then so therefore they didn't find anything. But apparently the samples were being frozen and saved and now when they did look for "epo", they also found it in there. And today I read somewhere that Armstrong has admitted that he did use "epo", but as a part of his cancer treatment. The problem is, the way I've had it laid out for me, that the treatment stopped almost two years before his first tour victory when the sample was taken. I am not sure if "epo" was an illegal substance (hell, I don't even know what "epo" is - is it a substance?) back in those days, so even if he did use it, it's not clear if you could call that cheating or not. Another thing that I read in some article (I'm sorry I'm not able to link you to any of my sources) is that Armstrong's cancer treatment, according to some scientists, very well may have affected his body's abilities to recover itself after hard physical efforts in a positive way, which might explain his extraordinary post illness tour record. Well, together with enormous amounts of talent and training of course (and perhaps a little bit of help from Ms Crow as well ).

Originally Posted by John McClane
Even still, why would they need to keep samples form 7 years ago I mean it don't suprize me but still why?
Probably because the guys who develop the illegal drugs and methods are always one step ahead of those trying to catch them. So, even if you're officially clean today doesn't mean you won't be officially a cheater tomorrow.

And then you have the small thing about the results wouldn't be given to anybody except the Anti-Drug world thing. Also, they did this entire test on A samples where the B samples no long exist. If I understood that correctly.
Yeah somebody obviously leaked. And it's a pity if Armstrong has to take all this crap if he's innocent. A lot of people will probably think "Well, no smoke without a fire...". But if this Anti-Drug world thing suspects any bad stuff going on I think it's their duty to investigate the matter, using whatever methods and equipment they've got.

The technical aspects like A and B samples I don't have a clue on.

Well according to certain sources, there were two samples given. A and B. Yet they don't have sample B to compare. Not to mention all this was done in a French lab. Easy to contaminate something don't you think?

We can't stop here!
I must be the only one who hates Lance. I like what he stands for, the cancer side and comeback side, but none of this would ever be news worthy if it wasn't for cancer. Cancer put him in the news, cancer treatment is the reason he became good, cancer is the only reason we even know much about him. He's milking every but of press about him. He gets off on the fact that he's messing up traffic while I'm trying to get to work, illegally riding on the highway with tons of bikers following his every move. I was written up at work because of him, d****t. Nah, that's not why I dislike him. He took advantage of his misfortune in a bad way. Sure it's nice he won the Tour De France many times, he's still too scared to race in any other large race. I can't remember the other races names, or the rider whos won almost every one and should be regarded higher than lance, so I'm not even going to go there. All I know, is if he'd participate in other races, instead of the same one year after year, I'd like him more. He's not one of the greatest athletes of all time, and shoudl not be places in any list of that nature. There's cyclists that are alot better than hum, even on his team. Thers riders that shoudl be alot more famous than hum, but they never had cancer so they never made it into the news. Lace's cancer is the only reason peopl even know of him. hell, I rode with him once, before his giant success and I liked him. He was nice, supportive, and had some inspiring stories. Now, eve loyal Austinites who used to ride with him alot are starting to stray away. He's become alot less friendly to people now and wants to ride alone. I hate the man and hope he's out of the news soon. Destroying his image like that..... they never learn. Every athlete is starting to sell out or think they're better than everyone, and it's gonna cause the downfall of sports.

Well according to certain sources, there were two samples given. A and B. Yet they don't have sample B to compare. Not to mention all this was done in a French lab. Easy to contaminate something don't you think?
Yes, I know about A and B samples, what they are. I only don't know what's the deal with this specific case. And Tour de France happens to be a french race so, yeah, of course the lab is in France. And the conspiracy theory... That's a little ridiculous, isn't it? I also find it a little odd that they would try to contaminate the samples of the man who's giving the race such an enormous promotional boost. Had you, as an american, even heard about Tour de France before Lance?

About A0C8C's.. eh.. "wild" post. Yes, it is true that Lance isn't necessarily considered to be the best ever basically because of the reasons you mentioned: he's won Tour de France the most times but he hasn't, for instance, won Giro d'Italia. The guy you were thinking of might be belgian Eddy Merckx who's won both Tour de France and Giro d'Italia five times each and is also one of only four to have won all three of the Grand Tours (Tour de France, Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a España). But if a tennis player won US Open seven years in a row but never any of the other Grand Slam tournaments, wouldn't that player still be great?

Yes, I know about A and B samples, what they are. I only don't know what's the deal with this specific case. And Tour de France happens to be a french race so, yeah, of course the lab is in France. And the conspiracy theory... That's a little ridiculous, isn't it? I also find it a little odd that they would try to contaminate the samples of the man who's giving the race such an enormous promotional boost. Had you, as an american, even heard about Tour de France before Lance?

About A0C8C's.. eh.. "wild" post. Yes, it is true that Lance isn't necessarily considered to be the best ever basically because of the reasons you mentioned: he's won Tour de France the most times but he hasn't, for instance, won Giro d'Italia. The guy you were thinking of might be belgian Eddy Merckx who's won both Tour de France and Giro d'Italia five times each and is also one of only four to have won all three of the Grand Tours (Tour de France, Giro d'Italia and Vuelta a España). But if a tennis player won US Open seven years in a row but never any of the other Grand Slam tournaments, wouldn't that player still be great?
Yes, I've been a advant watcher of the Tour even before Lance made his first victory. And A0C8C, about this quote "he's still too scared to race in any other large race." Does your underwear have the name Lance Armstrong written in it? I'm guessing no.

A system of cells interlinked
Yes, I've been a advant watcher of the Tour even before Lance made his first victory. And A0C8C, about this quote "he's still too scared to race in any other large race." Does your underwear have the name Lance Armstrong written in it? I'm guessing no.
Well, does yours? Otherwise, how would you know whether or not the allegations were true? Evidence has already been posed about the drug tests, so you can't use that as a reason. So, how would you know, anyway?

Originally Posted by Sedai
Well, does yours? Otherwise, how would you know whether or not the allegations were true? Evidence has already been posed about the drug tests, so you can;t use that as a reason. So, how would you know, anyway?

I was making the small statement that unless your underwear reads Lance Armstrong you can't make conclusions such as "he's scared."

A system of cells interlinked
I was making the small statement that unless your underwear reads Lance Armstrong you can't make conclusions such as "he's scared."
Or "He didn't take drugs"