A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

I can always count on Letterboxd for my annual reminder that I'm not really the well-rounded cinephile I like to think that I am. Behold my "Most Watched Stars of 2020":
I mean, seriously?? Am I really this predictable?? I watch LOTS of other stuff, I promise!

Victim of The Night
I can always count on Letterboxd for my annual reminder that I'm not really the well-rounded cinephile I like to think that I am. Behold my "Most Watched Stars of 2020":
I mean, seriously?? Am I really this predictable?? I watch LOTS of other stuff, I promise!

I may well have seen SNDN 4 back in the day. Wasn't sure whether the rhyming secretary from Moonlighting was in 3 or 4, so I checked. Definitely 4.

Don't remember much about it, but I didn't hate it. Didn't wow me either. But we're talking decades though.

Scream and Scream Again -

Well, that was odd, but it's a mostly compelling thriller. There's a hunt for a serial rapist and killer, a doctor specializing in organ transplants and a faction of pseudo-Nazis. These very different stories eventually converge, but it may happen too late because for most of the runtime, I was preoccupied with how they are connected. There are memorable moments that took me out of this state such as the chase for the rapist and killer which is long, but never boring, whenever AIP regulars Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Vincent Price (who plays the doctor) are on screen and any scene with Konratz (Marshall Jones), the scariest pseudo-Nazi who apparently learned to kill by studying Mr. Spock on Star Trek. I'll sum up how odd this movie is with a question it raises, which is one you would hardly expect it to raise considering the plot: how do we prevent scientific advancements from falling into the wrong hands?

Victim of The Night
Scream and Scream Again -

Well, that was odd, but it's a mostly compelling thriller. There's a hunt for a serial rapist and killer, a doctor specializing in organ transplants and a faction of pseudo-Nazis. These very different stories eventually converge, but it may happen too late because for most of the runtime, I was preoccupied with how they are connected. There are memorable moments that took me out of this state such as the chase for the rapist and killer which is long, but never boring, whenever AIP regulars Peter Cushing, Christopher Lee and Vincent Price (who plays the doctor) are on screen and any scene with Konratz (Marshall Jones), the scariest pseudo-Nazi who apparently learned to kill by studying Mr. Spock on Star Trek. I'll sum up how odd this movie is with a question it raises, which is one you would hardly expect it to raise considering the plot: how do we prevent scientific advancements from falling into the wrong hands?
Ya know, this movie has been in my queue for over a decade and I've just never pulled the trigger on it. I need to just do it at some point.

Ya know, this movie has been in my queue for over a decade and I've just never pulled the trigger on it. I need to just do it at some point.
It's a good choice if you're in the mood for something that makes you ask "WTF did I just watch?" when it's over.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
The Whip and the Body is an ok flick anchored by Christopher Lee and some good visuals. I was amused by the ending.

Blood Beat is hilariously awful B-movie Wisconsin trash with a killer samurai. It is not as cool as it sounds.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

Victim of The Night
The Whip and the Body is an ok flick anchored by Christopher Lee and some good visuals. I was amused by the ending.
Yeah, I did think it was more competent than expected.
In a related story, I thought House Of Whipcord was... interesting.

A system of cells interlinked
WTF!

15 mins ago I read that Alexi Laiho died, and now this?

2021 sucks!

Victim of The Night
I haven't seen that one yet.
Weird and pretty mean little movie that I somehow did not dislike.

Victim of The Night
House of Whipcord is alright. Not Peter Walker's best though *points emphatically at Frightmare*
I still have not seen Frightmare. Sounds like I should correct that.

I still have not seen Frightmare. Sounds like I should correct that.
You said you were going to watch House of Whipcord ten years ago after I briefly became excited about it, and that was before I had even seen Frightmare

You'll get there eventually

Victim of The Night
You said you were going to watch House of Whipcord ten years ago after I briefly became excited about it, and that was before I had even seen Frightmare

You'll get there eventually
Shit. I'm so bad at this. I have terrible ADD. And my film-selection process is basically paralysis-by-analysis.

The '34 Black Cat was fun. Give me a combo of Lugosi, Karloff, and Satanists any day.