Denis Villenueve seems to be trying to be Christopher Nolan so hard

Tools    

Villenueve is better than Nolan by....a lot.
probably

Isn't that a bit like saying that chocolate is better than vanilla?

Isn't that a bit like saying that chocolate is better than vanilla?

Who's the really unwanted strawberry ice cream in this Neapolitan ice cream metaphor?
Michael Bay?

Who's the really unwanted strawberry ice cream in this Neapolitan ice cream metaphor?
Michael Bay?
Chocolate isn't enough for me. Vanilla isn't enough for me. Strawberry isn't enough for me... I want chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and every other flavor under the sun.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Vanilla > Strawberry > Chocolate
I don't even know who you ARE anymore!?

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

A system of cells interlinked
"No one clamors for vanilla ice cream." - Some guy

The truth is in here
he copied from black hawk down in dune. BR 2049 is kinda a sequel to a movie someone else directed. Prisoners is such a try hard movie. Generic story and script but he wants to make it something greater when the story doesn't warrant it.
As someone who's seen both Black Hawk Down and Dune, I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you elaborate on what the parallels between the two movies are?

Prisoners has a very strong story, and I didn't find any faults with the script either. It's a disturbing and well-told examination of what paranoia and vengefulness can do to a person. Contains what is probably Hugh Jackman's finest performance. His scenes with Paul Dano are nail-bitingly intense. Denis' directing simply makes it even better.

But that's just my opinion. Black Hawk Down is the one that really puzzles me.

Must... resist... the temptation...

The trick is not minding
Did Uwe Boll ever do a big budget blockbuster movie? Just trying to keep it categorically similar.
Maybe not a blockbuster per se, but some of his films were billed that way.

I find myself agreeing with you on a lot of takes, but not every take.

Unless you are talking about premium chocolate, the appeal of it eludes me. Whereas I'm even into vanilla and strawberry when they are trash (a la neopolitan ice cream)

As for vanilla in general, especially of the French variety, pretty much tops in the dessert flavoring. And it's funny that for the most popular flavor in the world, its always in need of constant defending.

But everyone should be happy I no longer defend white chocolate, or claim it to be the superior chocolate as I did when I was a kid. That is clearly an untenable position. I'm surprised other kids let me survive to adulthood

Insomnia is a remake! And the original is better than Nolan's effort too.
Here! Here! I'm a big fan of the original Insomnia.

I didn't care for the change from the murderer who's impetus is murkier to a straight up evil serial killer.

The serial killer trope was so tired by then and there couldn't be a kind of parallel between the cop and the killer. Are these killings both accidental or intentional?