Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Read the entire article - tweets included - it's not long.
http://www.thewrap.com/last-tango-pa...do-bertolucci/

Yeah read that aswell,ive never seen the movie though-ive never seen any of his movies from when he was getting older,apart from the Godfather,and apart from that the only colour movie ive seen with him is sayonara which i supposed is why i forget last tango brando is also stella brando lol

Read the entire article - tweets included - it's not long.
http://www.thewrap.com/last-tango-pa...do-bertolucci/
I've already read it. That's why i said assault and not rape. I'd still categorize this as assault;

But in an interview a decade ago, Schneider herself said that no sex of any kind took place during the scene, in which then-48-year-old Brando’s character uses butter to have anal sex with the 19-year-old Schneider. In fact, she said she felt “a little bit raped” by her director and co-star because they manipulated and coerced her into doing the scene, which was not in the original script.
“I’d been in a way horrible to Maria because I didn’t tell her what was going on,” he said. “Because I wanted her reaction as a girl, not as an actress. I wanted her to react and she felt humiliated… and I think that she hated me and also Marlon because we didn’t tell her that there was that detail of the butter used as a lubricant.”
And Brando sounds like scum:

“That scene wasn’t in the original script. The truth is it was Marlon who came up with the idea. They only told me about it before we had to film the scene and I was so angry. I should have called my agent or had my lawyer come to the set because you can’t force someone to do something that isn’t in the script, but at the time, I didn’t know that. Marlon said to me, ‘Maria, don’t worry, it’s just a movie.’ But during the scene, even though what Marlon was doing wasn’t real, I was crying real tears. I felt humiliated and, to be honest, I felt a little raped, both by Marlon and Bertolucci. After the scene, Marlon didn’t console me or apologize. Thankfully, there was just one take.”
Sounds like she was traumatized by something she didn't want to do that she was made to believe she had to:

For years after the film, in part because of the scandal surrounding it, she lapsed into drugs and attempted suicide. She had such negative associations with butter that she only used olive oil to cook.

Well..if he did use his fingers to put butter up her privates,or just simply put butter up there, then id put that as rape,i dont know what he did with it though.

Well..if he did use his fingers to put butter up her privates,or just simply put butter up there, then id put that as rape,i dont know what he did with it though.
He didn't. At least it sounds like he didn't from Marias own words:

Schneider herself said that no sex of any kind took place
But during the scene, even though what Marlon was doing wasn’t real
She was still manipulated into doing something that clearly traumatized her by two much older men.

Unregistered User
Prizzi's Honour (1985) -

Antiviral (2012) -

Knox (2016) -

The Salt of the Earth (2014) -

The House of Small Cubes (2008) -
short
Into the Inferno (2016) -

Sicario (2015) -

Lol, that happen when two italian doing breakfast combo. I heard marlon still could remain intact with schneider. bertolucci somehow still managed to being an old jerk.

Train to Busan (2016)

wow it's so thrilling and deliver tho' korean tend to bit melodramatic.

i think there should better way for the ending, as it kinda anticlimactic

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
400 Days

(Matt Osterman)

There are some movies out there that try so hard to be smart and ahead of the curve, yet in reality, they are simply uninventive and dumb? 400 Days tries to be an ambitious indie film that wants to desperately leave you with an ambitious ending that will wreck your brain and create debate. Instead, it brings you nothing but distain and hatred for having to sit through the film only to be told "Hey, we're not giving you any answers!!!" I'm not necessarily mad at this film, just utterly disappointed.

Four astronauts in training agree to spend 400 days locked in an underground bunker, that doubles for their future space station. They will be challenged and must complete a variety of tasks while down there. One day, something seems off, but trusting continue on trusting that it's all part of the experiment. Then someone finds their way inside....

When the leading stars are a one popular comedian (Dane Cook) and a one promising star (Brandon Routh) you know that the acting will most likely not be what one would call...believable. Dane Cook surprisingly gives the best performance as their angered engineer who is at odds with his captain and tries to have a romantic relationship with the lone female of the crew. Routh is the captain, he throws on his good guy charm and charismatic attitude, which feels fake. He had a better charismatic role in Superman and somewhat feels untapped here.

400 Days is dumb. But it wants you to think it's smart. It will never answer any question you ask and simply hope that you are willing to "dive" into the debate of what's really going on here. Spoiling a bit of the third act, the characters exit the bunker to see the Earth covered by darkness, strange soil samples that came from the moon scatter the area and "survivors" litter the town. What happened? Did something crash into the moon and plunge the Earth into total darkness? Is it all still part of the exercise? What happens to one of the crew members when they disappear? The film leaves you with more questions than answers.

Ultimately, uneventful and never living up to the interesting premise offered, 400 Days lacks the thrilling punch needed to engage the viewer. Had the filmmakers spent more time with the isolation and paranoia, this could have been a tense thriller. It throws everything at you hoping something will stick...nothing does, it just stinks.

Suspect's Reviews

Certain Women -

Couldn't wait for this when i first heard about it, loved both Night Moves and Meek's Cutoff form Reichardt. And i thought this was great top three of the year for me so far. It is a very slow moving film same as those two but it really fits her style, she fully utilizes it to build her characters, the story/situations and the atmosphere up There's something about her films that i can't quite put my finger on, that despite a few agressive/exciting scenes they always completely relax/engross me to the point that i don't realize how long i've been watching them. Tonight i had to pause it at one point and thought it had only been about 30 minutes yet it was approaching the hour mark, like i said i'm not totally sure what it is maybe the atmosphere/tone but whatever it is i think it is a massive positive that she can make movies this calm and slow that never bore me or feel like they are dragging on. It was also beautifully shot kind of shockingly show because i'd say both Meek's Cutoff and Night Moves used locations much easier to look impressive so i was surpised that these comparitavely mundane locations resulted in an at least equally satisfying film visually. It's three simple stories that all connect at the end. All well told particularly the last one. Great performances by everyone i'd say this is my favourite cast of the year. Great film.

Just want to add that 2016 is the year of the female director for me haha; this from Kelly and Andrea Arnolds American Honey are in my top three 2016 films, Ava DuVernays 13TH is seventh and my favourite documentary and Lynne Ramsays Ratcatcher is a new favourite that i watched for the first time this year.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

The Shop Around the Corner (1940)
+++ Truly and completely delightful. Wonderful cast across the board.

(COUNTLESS REWATCH) Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels
ALWAYS a pleasure to watch!!

Master of My Domain
La La Land (2016)

Unless Rogue One blows me away (which I doubt it will), this is probably my pick for the best film of 2016.

Director Damien Chazelle is guy that should be on everyone's radar, he's extremely talented and I firmly believe that he will create works that will be good as, or even better than Whiplash and La La Land. The way he structures his shots and directs his actors is a mix of new and old: a combination of twirling long shots and crisp brightness from a modern camera lens.

This balance between old and new fashioned is also what the film is ultimately trying to say, that the world needs innovators as well as those who try to preserve nostalgia and learn from a distant past. One scene shows footage from Rebel Without a Cause, while another shows jazz that has been modified with a touch of electronic sounds. It's beautiful, and sometimes I think it did a better job than a film like Pulp Fiction. The imagery is great too, and overall there's a lot to talk about. I could see myself doing a full-length breakdown review in the future.

One nitpick I can make is that the film does a mediocre job of closing and tying together all the events, which is a shame since the ending to Whiplash is one of the best.

In short, it's close to a modern masterpiece, but not quite. However, at this pace, Chazelle is on the road to making an unforgettable masterpiece. My review doesn't sound that enthusiastic, and it's just because there's a lot to discuss and I don't want to blow it all away here. Don't make the necessary obscurity a reason not to see this film.