Do Movies Make The Person?

Tools    

Say what again mother f**ker!
Okay well I like dark films, sad rainy day films, crime films, movies like that. Then some times smart comedy films.
I also am sort of a gloomy guy but still like to make jokes. Sure sometimes I get exited but I'm just talking generally. So you can see the relation.

Well do movies make the person?

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
I 'spose, my personality tends to be everywhere, like my taste in movies

Evil Dead
Full Metal Jacket
Dazed And Confused
Last Night
Friday
Showgirls (YES I LIKED IT!)
Run Lola Run
Halloween

Nah, I don't think so. My favorite kinds of movies are dark comedies, suspense, sad dramas, psychological thrillers, and horror. In real life, even though I have a mental illness, I still have happy days and I am caring and thoughtful. Or at least try to be for the most part. I don't think that movies make the person at all. I know this guy who trys to be "badass" but watches preschool cartoons.

I liked Belly, Friday, City of God - So I guess you're right. I'm pretty much as thug as you can get... in the suburbs.

Serious though, people, or I should say I, tend to watch movies I enjoy and try to not watch movies I don't enjoy. So, with this in mind I'd feel safe saying the movies I like probably have some sort of correlation with who I am, since they interest me and all. Did it make sense? Gooble Shnorts.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Yep. They sure do pardner.

Why my love of westerns has transformed me into something else completely. I ride my horse to classes, and instead of asking chicks out I simply walk up to one with some dude and say "parden me m'am but is this fella botherin' you?"

I did carry my six-shooters with me, but that didn't go to well. Threatened to kick me out, so now I just gotta side a peashooter in my boot. Figures.

Never know when you might need it. And I always wait till' sunset and ride that direction, while people call out... "come back Shane!"

Yeah I changed my name too!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Yikes, I hope not.

If so, I'm going to have to watch a lot more Michael Bay just to catch up, and maybe throw in some Ab Fab.

Alright, alright.

On a more serious note, I could only say "yes" to this question if every person put every little facet of their personalities on the table, 24/7. What anyone might think of another is not really based on that man or woman's whole demeanor and feelings (toward movies or otherwise), but that person's projection thereof. I think you or I might learn a little bit about ourselves by our choices in movies if we consider those preferences more unconscious than conscious, but I feel it would be a mistake to cast a similar "judgement" or "analysis" on any other.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Gustavoman
Yikes, I hope not.

If so, I'm going to have to watch a lot more Michael Bay just to catch up, and maybe throw in some Ab Fab.
Heh... that seems extreme. Maybe just a re-watch of Yaya Sisterhood?

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
Heh... that seems extreme. Maybe just a re-watch of Yaya Sisterhood?
But, if I watch Miss Congeniality I can get Sandra Bullock and Benjamin Bratt.

I mean, C'MON.

And look above, Familiar Face - I decided I would give a serious answer. (Not that I won't watch a bunch more Ab Fab.)

Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I have to admire your efficiency.
I learn from the best.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Anyone who's seen my house won't be surprised that Withnail & I is one of my faves.......

I don't believe that movies make a person, it may have a positive influence on them but it can only ever be that.

Randomly visiting for now
I think that what kind of movies people love does reflect their personality type. For example I love kind of off-centre stuff that breaks limits so I like Arthouse movies, my mum is very reserved and only likes movies that are of a similar nature (i.e. no language or excess violence) and one of my good friends who is a really cheery guy loves all comedies.

What I'm saying is that naturally people seek out movies that they will enjoy, according to what kind of person they are.

Quite simply put; you won't enjoy a movie that is so unrelated to how you feel and like to interact with the world. So in other words my mum won't like Texas Chainsaw Massacre -(terrible movie btw)

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i think the films i watch depend on the mood im in, and if im in one kind of a mood ill have a selection of films specific for that mood. Now if im in a happy mood i have to watch films from the happy selection and i just cant watch ones from the rainy day collection. im very specific.

After watching certain films at the cinema i like to fool around with my woman and pretend to be from the movie.
Hero- i kept kicking ass with my amazing kung-fu
The Grudge- blank face, wide eyes and that groaning
Blade Trinity- kept trying to bite her neck

Yes, i am odd. Damn.

Not really invisible.
Do movies 'make' the person? Not so sure, but I will agree to the point that the thing that makes us watch most films in the first place is because it is something we might like. So maybe it's more a reflection of personality, like clothes or music.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Film noir. Cuz of it, I own those black and white saddle shoes from the 40's-50's. (You know, the shoes that Max Payne wears). And I've bought books, and I'm writing a story, a script, and filming a film noir movie. Anything else?

i dont think so because i love to watch crime/dramas or gangster flicks if you will. and im basicly a nice guy i real life and i dont like to rip people off and stuff

I would have to say it really depends on the person most of the time. I think everyone has their favorite theme of movies that they like to watch. I personally love all kinds of movies just not one type of film.

Lets put a smile on that block
i just watched Die Mommie Die, i wonder what that says about me...