People who dress like movie characters

Tools    

About ten years ago I use to work for a Marina and I did a lot of fiberglass work. One day while we were eating lunch a man walked into the shop and asked if someone could look at this boat. When I saw this guy he looked like I had met him before or saw him some where and I just couldn’t think of where I saw him at.

For the next few weeks he always came into the shop to check on his boat and every time he came in he was wearing the same clothes and I just couldn’t get it out of my mind, where have I seen this guy before?

At home one night my brother came over and I hadn’t seen him in a long time and he was in town to visit the parents. We grabbed a few beers and sat down to watch a movie, at that time my brother hadn’t seen the Sylvester Stallone movie Cobra and so we popped that video into the player and it was at that point I suddenly remembered where I saw that guy before.

The next time the guy came into the shop I really had a good laugh because this dude dressed just like Stallone from head to toe and even had a tooth pick in his mouth, the same shirt the same type of jeans and the same boots, and of course the same sun glasses and to top it off the leather gloves.

I happened to be the person that gave him his boat after we had done our repairs and while we were at the desk and he was paying for his bill I asked him, do you want to put this under Cobra? The man looked at me, smiled a little and said, no just put it under Jim.

So here is the question, has anyone ever seen a person dress like someone off from a movie before?

I've seen a few Matrix wannabes, but to me they don't even count.

I've also seen a hedgehog that looked like Kato Kaelin, but I doubt that was by choice.
What can we gain by sailing to the moon if we are not able to cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? This is the most important of all voyages of discovery, and without it, all the rest are not only useless, but disastrous... - Thomas Merton

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i know a girl at my school who, no joke, thinks she is sirius black. And, depending on the day, thinks she is Neo - has a full keanu reeves coat too

I think its more funny when you decide people look like characters from movies and laugh at them, whether or not that person has choosen to resemble characters, its funny all the same.

I've only seen the Star Wars and LOTR fanatics dressing like characters to see the movie... Damn Gandalf hats piss me off!

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Not really invisible.
The amount of Neo wannabes walking around is untrue but I once saw someone that looked like Chunk from The Goonies.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
There's a guy who legally changed his name to Luke Skywalker, and another James T. Kirk.

I am a glorified ape.
I like to dress like Crispin Glover in Willard or Charlie's Angels.

or maybe he likes to dress like me? I dunno.

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
i know a girl at my school who, no joke, thinks she is sirius black. And, depending on the day, thinks she is Neo - has a full keanu reeves coat too
It's becoming a kind of fashion all over the place; but then again I've seen those guys who wear long coats and top hats and wear that dark makeup. I'm thinking they are gothic but I'm not too sure, or maybe they are punks but they normally wear skirts with spiked up hair.....I'm a little confused yes?

I was at the premier of Ali in Melbourne and around about the time Will Smith was supposed to show up, a car pulled up and a guy dressed up as a boxer (a fan) who looked a lot like Will Smith arrived and there was this mini cheer which died slowly as everyone realised it wasn't him . Yeah as if Will Smith is going to arrive in a Subaru Liberty.....celebrity = limo at least for premiers.

history *is* moralizing
since i saw Naked, i don't dress at all...

I am Jack's Smirking Revenge
yes yes... ive been like that since Full Frontal came out, but im not exactly a Perfect 10
haha...corny movie jokes... AWESOME!

but anyways yea, i see kids dressin up gothic everywhere, and all that, i think its more of hte music influence than the movies though

this isnt someone dressing like a movie character but this husband and wife loved star wars so much that they named their first kid George and their second kid Lucas

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
There's a guy who legally changed his name to Luke Skywalker, and another James T. Kirk.
I used to go to school with a James Bond and an Elvis Aaron Presley. Never remember Bond in a tux, though it was the '70s and primary school so Presley might have worn a jumpsuit.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
the girl that went to my school and dressed as neo, came back school from christmas with white bits at the front of her hair a la rouge from x men

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
I saw a girl in Hollywood, crossing the street, who was dressed just like whatsername from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Sally.

(And quick question: did she have the stitches?)

I'm sure there are several Tyler Durden wannabes out there.

On any given day... it's not unusual for me to see Elvis, the Crow, Dolly Pardon, The Blues Brothers, or Freddy Krueger… just to name a few….

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by undercoverlover

But onto the main question... is she hot? We already know she's stupid and that's half the battle. The rest of it is just if it's worth fighting or not.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Oh and no, I've never really seen anyone dress like a movie character to answer the question. But maybe I should just go to class one day as Tim Curry in the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Eh, or not.

I did know of this kid way back in high school though who thought he was Stone Cold Steve Austin. Ah yes, the special ed program.