MoFo's Music Questionnaire

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Spike's a musician? Am i missing something....?
Yeah he sings in his band Ghost of the Robot (now split, iirc)

Originally Posted by Electric Wizard
Drone my friend.
Yeah, i have few downloads, wasn't sure if i got dud tracks. Care to send me some?

The 1st song you remember hearing?
Not sure of chronology on this. Maybe Billy Jean

What was your 1st album/single?
First one my parents bought for me: Thriller (Michael Jackson)
First one I bought on my own: Nail (Foetus)

When did you start hating Spice Girls?
N/A

Song you 1st made love to?
N/A

What music/musician do you really hate?
None coming to mind. Usually I don't let myself get to the hating stage with music. If I don't like it, usually that just means I'm indifferent to it and won't bother listening. Stuff I'll usually turn off is any sort of bohemian grunge or soft-whiny singer-songwriter stuff that I hear. A few major bands/musicians I don't usually bother with are Velvet Underground, David Bowie (just about any glam rock, for that matter), as well as most death metal and most goth (some of the weirder or more rough-sounding I can put up with, like early Christian Death.)

Favourite band during elementary school (7-12)
The Beatles maybe. Wasn't listening to much music at that age.
/middle school (13-14)
Marylin Manson, Korn, NIN
/High School (15-18)
Foetus, Einsturzende Neubauten, Controlled Bleeding
/university (18+) ?
Foetus, Einsturzende Neubauten, the Residents, the Pogues, Tom Waits

First gig?
N/A

First festival?
Projekt Fest, maybe.

Funniest music related incident?
Not sure. Maybe trying to sleep with The Residents - Third Reich 'n' Roll playing on repeat.

Best music to party to?
Custom Built for Capitalism (Foetus)

Best band to head bang to?
Butthole Surfers (third and fourth lp's)

Song that makes you want to jump around? (House of Pain is not a legit answer)
If I Should Fall From Grace With God - The Pogues

Do you think 'emo' is a joke?
Never listened to it. Heard lots of lame jokes at the expense of it though.

Is punk dead?
Was it ever "alive"?

Sexiest musician?
Screamin Jay Hawkins

Do you listen to classical music?
If it happens to be playing. Depends on what though. Only one I know by name well is Erik Satie- Gymnopedies

Favourite soundtrack?
Akira

Any parental music inflictions?
Some good, some bad. Usually it went the other way around. I got my dad listening to Pearl Jam, and now I don't listen to them anymore at all.

Have you ever thrown LPs ala Shaun of the Dead?
Only bad ones.

Favourite vocalist?
Klaus Nomi

Favourite instruments and favourite players?
?Acordion?

What's your favourite genre?
Repetative tapeloops with primitive catchy videogame keyboard set to a background of pure noise.

Are you listening to music now? If so, what?[/i]
Yello Magic Orchestra - Solid State Survivor

The 1st song you remember hearing? sherry by the four seasons

What was your 1st album/single? first monkees album

When did you start hating Spice Girls? i don't think i ever liked them...hmmm

What music/musician do you really hate? i don't really hate anyone...now dislike....

Favourite band during primary school (7-11) /secondary school (11-16) /college (16-18) /university (18+) ? MONKEES, simon & garfunkel

Do you listen to classical music? yes

Favourite soundtrack? music man, hair, legends of the fall

Any parental music inflictions? glenn miller

What's your favourite genre? anything and everything

I am having a nervous breakdance
The 1st song you remember hearing?

I remember a couple my dad used to play: "Let's Twist Again" - Chubby Checker, "What You've Done To Me" - Paul Anka (?), a bunch of 50s Elvis.

What was your 1st album/single?

"När vi tvĺ blir en" - Gyllene Tider (swedish). The first one sung in english: "Oh Julie" - Shakin' Stevens.

When did you start hating Spice Girls?

I never found them interesting enough to hate.

Song you 1st made love to?

I really don't remember that...

What music/musician do you really hate?

No one comes to mind...

Favourite band during

primary school (7-11) Kiss /secondary school (11-16) Erasure, then The Stone Roses /college (16-18) The Stone Roses, then Dinosaur Jr /university (18+) Dinosaur Jr, then no band in particular

First gig?

Kiss, 1984

First festival?

Mejerietfestivalen

Funniest music related incident?

Funniest... hmmm... My best memory is probably when I did my first gig with a "real" band on a "real" festival. Euphoria.

Best music to party to?

Well, it depends... But reggae seems to work most times.

Best band to head bang to?

Hmmm... The Ramones.

Song that makes you want to jump around? (House of Pain is not a legit answer)

"Watcha Want?" - Beastie Boys

Do you think 'emo' is a joke?

As in emo core? No.

Is punk dead?

As a media created phenomenon, yes. But punk rock did exist long before the term was invented and has existed long after the genre was declared dead.

Sexiest musician?

It depends... PJ Harvey is charismatic as hell. And cool as ice.

Do you listen to classical music?

Occasionally.

Favourite soundtrack?

Tough one... "Dazed & Confused" comes to mind, but there's got to be others... Oh, "101" - Depeche Mode, of course!

Any parental music inflictions?

Not sure I understand what you mean...

Have you ever thrown LPs ala Shaun of the Dead?

I haven't seen the film in question but I have always treated my LPs with the utmost respect.

Favourite vocalist?

Right now probably Antony of Antony & The Johnsons. Morrissey great of course.

That's too hard to answer in a relatively short way.... But I do like drums and guitars a lot.

What's your favourite genre?

I'm not a genre kind of guy. I like good music. But if you classified all my CDs my guess is that the biggest category would be reggae.

Are you listening to music now? If so, what?

Nope.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
1st song I remember;
California Dreaming by the Mamas and the Papas
!st Album bought;
Rocky 3 soundtrack---------Eye of the Tiger rocks!!!
When did I start hating Spice Girls;When did I like them!!! I hate manufactured crappy music.
Song I first made love to;
Can't remember, I was pretty drunk, and nervous!!! My favourites are; Unfinished Sympathy by Massive Attack;Slave to love by Bryan Ferry; Wicked game by Chris Isaak and Teardrop again by Massive Attack
What music/musician do I really hate;
Manufactured crap and boybands!!!
1st gig;
Genesis at Hampden Park, sometime in the mid 80's.
1st Festival;
T in the Park, sometime in the mid 90's, it's all a bit hazy!
Best music to party to;
D I S C O!!! Hey I'm a 70's kid!
Best band to head bang to;
U2 or Rock music.
Song to jump around to;
Sureshot by the Beastie Boys
Is Emo a joke;
Don't find him funny myself, or Carrothead for that matter.
Is punk dead
Hell yeah, serves it right for killing DISCO
Sexiest musician;
Vanessa May
Do I listen to classical music;
Hell yeah, can't be a music conniseur without having appreciation for classical.
Favourite soundtrack;
Changes from time to time, at the moment it's Garden State.
Parental influences;
Thankfully both my parents are real music lovers, and have eccletic tastes which they have passed on to me.
Have I ever thrown an LP;
Yeah, an ex-girlfriend left her New Kids on the Block Hangin' Tough single which me and my mate took great pleasure in chucking out my bedroom window!!!
Favourite vocalist;
Elvis
Favourite genre;
Too many to choose from
Am I listening to music just now;
Yep, listening to a bit of Kasabian

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

Hey Pid, you checked out PJ Harvey on Desert Sessions 9&10? I love Powered Wig Machine

What about " I wanna make it withchu ", that's my personal favourite, it was great to see Josh Homme and PJ Harvey do this live on Jools Holland's show last year.

Don't really like that one as much. Jools Holland sounds cool, shame i missed it. Since you seemed clued up Josh Homme, you know Kyuss? They ****ing own every rock band.

Can't believe you dropped me rep points Pyro, I'll change House of Pain to Sureshot by the Beastie Boys.
You're a tough task master, just as well I'm not vindictive.......oh no, the dark side is coming over me.........
Watch you're back Jack, the deadly Hairy Haggis has you in his sights!!!!!

Lol. You were warned! If it make any difference i tried to rep you back up for your last post but it wouldn't let me.

Deadly Hairy Haggis are like elephants, they never forget!!!!!!!!!
You wont know when or where...........but I'll get you my pretty!

P.S. close your wardrobe door tonight......ha,ha,ha,ha!

Hey Pid, you checked out PJ Harvey on Desert Sessions 9&10? I love Powered Wig Machine
What's Desert Sessions?? Remember I is an foreigner.

Good It's a rotating line-up with Josh Homme and some other stragglers from Kyuss and other stoner bands. That recorded 6 stoner volumes in a year, then 2 more lots of 2 in later years. The 1st 6 are quite rare and sell very high on eBay. 7&8 is available quite cheap and 9&10 got a wide distribution. so easily available. The biggest attraction is really the fact the QOTSA re-used many of the Desert Session recording on their main albums.

Good It's a rotating line-up with Josh Homme and some other stragglers from Kyuss and other stoner bands. That recorded 6 stoner volumes in a year, then 2 more lots of 2 in later years. The 1st 6 are quite rare and sell very high on eBay. 7&8 is available quite cheap and 9&10 got a wide distribution. so easily available. The biggest attraction is really the fact the QOTSA re-used many of the Desert Session recording on their main albums.
Oh, ok.. I thought you were talking about some show on TV or something. Maybe I should check it out then.

A system of cells interlinked
The 1st song you remember hearing? Time - Pink Floyd
What was your 1st album/single? The ABC song
When did you start hating Spice Girls? Who?
Song you 1st made love to? uhhhh...wow...toughy.... I was ****faced so....no clue.
What music/musician do you really hate? Hate is a strong word, I strongly dislike country music
Favourite band during primary school (7-11) /secondary school (11-16) /college (16-18) /university (18+) ? RUSH - which is funny, because I don't really dig them now...
First gig? Aside from school band all my life, I was in a band called Common Ground, and our first gig was at a bar in the desert called La Gitana in Arivaca AZ.
First festival? Lalapalooza
Funniest music related incident? Our bass player had an evil twin made out of a guitar string, the bassist was named Brad, and the twin was named Drab.
Best music to party to? Trance, for sure.
Best band to head bang to? Megadeth
Song that makes you want to jump around? Lex Rex Perplex
Do you think 'emo' is a joke? Isn't all music emotional to some people? Yes, it's a joke.
Is punk dead? To me it is...
Sexiest musician? Jewel...I know, I know...just something about her...
Do you listen to classical music? Yes
Favourite soundtrack? Mulholland Drive, Requiem for a Dream, Donnie Darko, Go
Any parental music inflictions? Mom made me listenm to Floyd, Zep, The Doors, etc... Thanks Mom
Have you ever thrown LPs ala Shaun of the Dead? Record abuse? never.
Favourite vocalist? Johnette Napolitano, Ann Wilson, Maynard Keenan, Geoff Tate, Bjork, Jewel
Favourite instruments and favourite players? Guitar: Dave Gilmore, Joe Satriani, Michael Wilton, Fripp. Drums: Martin Lopez, Danny Carey, Chris Maitland, Stewart Copeland
What's your favourite genre? Of music? depends on mood.. Rock, metal, trance, classical
Are you listening to music now? If so, what? Just in my head right now, I think it's film score, not sure what from...Barton Fink Maybe....

I must become Caligari..!
The 1st song you remember hearing?: Not Sure, Something by Maddness or Weddings Parties Anything.
What was your 1st album/single?: Freak - Silverchair
When did you start hating Spice Girls?: I think i always hateed them, because my sister was a huge fan... I've seen that F*cking movie maybe a hundred times...
Song you 1st made love to?: .......
What music/musician do you really hate?: I can't ****ing stand Mike Patton, Thought he makes good music, hes is just such a f*ck head, He looks like a Frog. I don't personaly like Bob Dlyan very much.
Favourite band during primary school (7-11) /secondary school (11-16) /college (16-18) /university (18+) ?: (7-11) Madness, The Specials, The Kinks, The Clash, Silverchair, (11-16) same as before + Nirvana, The Beatles, the Who, Led Zep, Pink Floyd ect.. (16 - 18) Before add Opeth, Isis, Meshuggah and a bunch of other stuff?
First gig?: The Living End Rock It '03
First festival?: Well i went to 'Rock It '03' but i only saw the Living End... 'The Big Day Out '05'... The Donnas, Atmosphere, John Butler Trio, Slipknot (hate them but i did see them), The Streets, System Of A Down, Powderfinger and THE BEASTIE BOYS!
Funniest music related incident?: Every single one of the millions of Fred Durst jokes i have made...
Best music to party to?: Good DnB (Ed Rush and Optical, Resinent Evil) always make a party insane, Kings Of Leon are fun aswell. As is some Ska or Reggae
Best band to head bang to?: Meshuggah, Opeth, Pantera, Mettalica.. ISIS
Song that makes you want to jump around?: Jump Around by House of Pain
Do you think 'emo' is a joke?: Pretty much, It started out ok, ut like most things it became commercial and sh*t house.
Is punk dead?: As sad as it is... Yes punk is very very dead...
Sexiest musician?: George Harrison, How can someone sooo loving not be sexy. Jimmy Page has this great scense of mistery...
Do you listen to classical music?: Sure Do
Favourite soundtrack?: Non Origiaal scores.. The Harder They Come.
Any parental music inflictions? Dad was a big ska and punk fan, he got me into that stuff, Mum doenst reallt have big musical range but what she likes and introduced me to was always good, CCR.
Have you ever thrown LPs ala Shaun of the Dead?: Ive not seem Shawn of the dead, but i threw my freinds YES album the other day... i like Yes but its so gay.
Favourite vocalist?: Bob Dlyan, Mikeal Adferkult (Opeth), Aaron Turner (Isis), Jeff Buckley,
Favourite instruments and favourite players?: Guitar: George Harrison, Pete Townshend, Frank Zappa. Bass: John Entwistle, Flea, Timmy C. Drums: Keith Moon, John Bonham, Martin Lopez
What's your favourite genre?: I like anykind of music aslong as its good, But i dunno, i guess in paticular i like. Stoner-Core/Stoner-Rock, Prog Metal, Dub and Blues.
you listening to music now? If so, what?: For some insane reason i put 'Be Agressive' By Faith No More on repeat and am listening to it fo rlike the 20th time, i may change it to some Teenage Fanclub, Saw 'em live the other night.. It was f*cking great.
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...