The Last Airbender

Tools    

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
This looks totally different from anything he's ever done. Should be interesting to see.

&feature=player_embedded

Suspect's Reviews

I know a few people who absolutely love Avatar: The Last Air Bender and would go nuts for this. Having never scene more than an episode or two of the show I must say this teaser does make it look good. Maybe the transition from animation to live action will work well unlike the Dragon Ball movie that came one a few months back

Wow, loved that teaser....Definitely doesn't look like anything he's done before. Definitely got me excited for next summer!

Looks good, why do thet relese the trailer so far head, know i have to wait a whole year, i was hoping for summer 2009.

Hopefully this opens up the posibility of a live action naruto movie.

OK, I don't care about the silly martial arts thing. I don't care about the ships firing fireballs and I don't care that he does with his hands what most can do with their arse. But what I would like to find out, is how he got up there in the first place? Did he climb? Was he dropped of by helicopter? Was he born there? That should've been the whole point of that teaser.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
I hate Shyamalan, but I love Avatar: the last airbender, why did they try to make him so 'realistic'? why not make it 2D as in the series, this looks like poo...

Greets
Spikez

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club

I disagree because what has always turned me away from the show was it the fact that it looked childish and was on nickelodeon. I never gave it a chance but people tell me there is a spectacular and deep story line and characters. Giving the film a more realistic view is a good idea because it will not only give fans of the series a new look at what they love but also open Avatar up to a whole new audience.

I also read they were forced to name the movie The Last Airbender as opposed to the name of the series Avatar: The Last Airbender because James Cameron owns the rights to the name Avatar and threatened to sue if the title wasn't changed. Just a little fun fact

Yeah two big budget movies with the same title in such close proximity can be confusing.

M. Night’s technical skills as a director are really without limit. This movie should be amazing to watch and beautifully told.

He is one of the all time greats.

I would have no interest in the the subject matter if M. Night was not directing.

Really love the teaser; I think this is a great fit for Shyamalan (he wrote the screenplay for Stuart Little, after all). God knows he needs another hit at some point relatively soon.

Dude's still got a ton of talent and he earned so much good will from me for The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs (all in a row!) that he'd have to make several more disappointing films consecutively for me to even consider giving up on him.

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
Sorry, but I rlly don't understand why everybody finds M. Night Shyamalan so great, I saw 'the lady in the water', it sucked real hard, then I saw 'The Happening', I rarely stop watching a movie in the middle, but that one was so bad it almost made me puke, then 'the sixth sense' was ok. But then, 'The village' was crap, 'Signs' was ok.

I rlly don't see what you all see in him..

Greets
Spikez

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
...'night at the museum', I didn't like, but that was mainly because I don't like Ben Stiller...
M. Night had nothing to do with Night at the Museum. When I say nothing, I mean absolutely nothing.

I watched Avatar once, but it wasn't my thing. Whether the movie does well or not, makes no difference to me. I see this being M. Night's comeback, however. His last good film was Signs, IMO. The Village, Lady in the Water and The Happening were just too much. While he had proven that a plot twist wasn't necessary, case in point Signs, he felt the need to continue with them in the next three films.

While this isn't a dicussion on M. Night, I just had to get that off my chest.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
yeah sorry, I noticed, I'll edit it.
HA, alright. I'll assume you were just grouping it in there, because the title had the word "Night" in it?

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Wow indeed!! I loved the trailer it looks like its oing to be an awesome movie