Yoda's wedding

Tools    

Not in the traditional sense; we just booked the hotel for a second night and just lounged around eating and watching things the next day. We had the next two days off work after that, but we were both anxious to start cleaning up some of the craziness at the house and move some more of her stuff in (we just did a ton more of that today).

We knew early on we didn't want to travel anywhere; we both prefer to be home most of the time. It's a pretty stressful proposition on its own and we definitely didn't want to have to plan it at the same time as the wedding itself. We're both pretty glad with how that turned out; the hotel was literally a 10 minute drive from the place where the wedding was held, so we were able to just crash very shortly after everything wrapped up.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
a lot of people i know prefer to take delayed honeymoons, because like you said, it's too crazy at the time when you're wedding planning. do you guys plan on doing that eventually, or are you both too much of a homebody?

We've talked about maybe renting a car and driving somewhere in New England for a week sometime next year, but we're not sure. Probably depends on how settled in we are by then, but I do like the idea.

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
Marthas Vineyard is nice, Wolfsboro NH is lovely as well.

We didn't do anything for a honeymoon either. We've sort of unofficially decided to make our anniversary something fun every year because of it. We also don't travel well. We love our cats and they sure as heck can't really come with us if we were to leave somewhere.

This year we get to go to a very nice restaurant in downtown Seattle for dinner as my boss gave me a pretty hefty gift certificate to eat there. So, that and maybe a movie or something and we're good to go.

We've talked about maybe renting a car and driving somewhere in New England for a week sometime next year, but we're not sure. Probably depends on how settled in we are by then, but I do like the idea.
ooh, ooh! New England + Autumn = . i miss my hometown.

have fun!

We didn't do anything for a honeymoon either. We've sort of unofficially decided to make our anniversary something fun every year because of it.
ha, sounds like a fair trade off to me.

i do love traveling to new, unexplored places (and by that i mean, unexplored by me, not some remote Survivor-esque island), but i can only afford it seldomly. my boyfriend and i took our first road trip together this summer, we spent a few days in Atlanta. it was the first time i had driven that far with just a map and a clueless passenger, so yay.

A system of cells interlinked
Congrats!

Awesome pics

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Not in the traditional sense; we just booked the hotel for a second night and just lounged around eating and watching things the next day... the hotel was literally a 10 minute drive from the place where the wedding was held, so we were able to just crash very shortly after everything wrapped up.
Chris is just so cute about his use of wedding night euphemisms here.

Hey, if you want to go northeast for a "honeymoon" trip, Brenda and I went in October to NYC and saw Les Miserables on Broadway (second row). I know you can't do that anymore but then we rented a car and drove throughout the NE and went to Cooperstown (although I'm sure you've already been there) and all over New England, including the Canadian side of Niagara Falls. I'm such an Old Fart, but when you live in Cali your whole life, seeing the beauty of Autumn is rather mind-expanding, especially when you want your emotions to also be expanding.

I've always dreamed of going to New England, it sounds like such a wonderful place. We'll have to stick to Old England for the time being though unless we win some money or something.

I can see why you just flaked out after your big day Chris, it must be a fantastic but stressful time. Can't blame you for just wanting to nestle down and have some time together

This is quite refreshing to hear. I mean, who says you HAVE to go on some big holiday after your wedding. Better to do what makes you comfortable and, most importantly, happy.

Australia beckons!

I work with Michael at the NSW Tourist Board

The beaches here are lovely This is Little Austi Beach where I walk my dog, Dogs are allowed run free here imagine what the human friendy beaches are like