The Videogames Tab

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Oh...the romances... I tend to blow it off, as I play a female character and I am just not interested in starting a virtual romance with a man, cause I like girls and stuff.

The problem I had in ME1 was...

WARNING: "Mass Effect 1" spoilers below
I had to use Ashley. HAD to. I shot Wrex in the face, so I was a bit low on Soldiers.

That was a big part of why I left Kaiden on the planet - I think that happened RIGHT after the Wrex incident, so I will still reeling a bit.

The Wrex event and the genocide thing... With Wrex I went Renegade and dealt with that, but the genocide thing...I just couldn't do it, so I slid to the Paragon side during that event, which of course crops up in MEII.

In MEII, I have disconnected myself from my character's decisions enough to just watch the melee ensure from afar as she goes Renegade all the way. It;s fun, but sometimes i am stunned by how dark they (the writers) go.

The People's Republic of Clogher
The romance angle adds to the story, but it doesn't add a great deal. I'll do it once for the trophy/achievement deliberately then just take things as they come. I was talking more about their base physical appearance and Bioware seem to have *cough* overcompensated Miranda slightly to counter complaints that Ashley was too butch.

I started ME1 again a few days ago as an Adept. Never bothered with any of the 'complete the majority of the game with xxx companion' so might give them a go this time. I must have chopped and changed much more than I thought I did.

It's weird dropping back to ME1 - All the characters and their equipment are so much more configurable but the gameplay mechanics feel really clumpy now and your Biotics take far too long to charge at low levels.

ME2 is a lot darker in tone as you say (middle child in a trilogy etc etc) and boy does it look stunning. I really love Omega.

WARNING: "ME1" spoilers below
I could never bear to kill Wrex. It'd be like shooting an angry Barry White.

Having finished the PS3 version the big thing I noticed with the graphics was that they turned down the Bloom effects. The lighting as a whole was markedly better but that's more than likely because they're using the ME3 engine. The framerate is markedly worse than the 360's but that's more than likely because it's a port and not developed originally for the console. As ports go, it's an excellent effort especially as it's only Bioware's second title outside the Xbox and PC.

Next big purchase for me will be Dragon Age 2 next month. The videos I've seen look a bit disappointing graphically (it's quite obvious that Bioware's 'A' grade artists are stuck on the Mass Effect series) but the whole interface has been tidied up and battles move along at a fair old lick.

If it's half as epic as Dragon Age Origins I'll be more than satisfied.

Haha - When I went to talk to Miranda on the ship in her office, the camera angles were HILARIOUS. Basically the camera is on my face during my lines of dialogue, and Miranda's ass when it was her turn to talk, which was just inches from Shepard's face.

Too bad the game doesn't allow female Shepard to romance other females.

Yeah, it kinda proves my 'overcompensation' point.

Dragon Age allows same-sex romances - Leliana and Zevron swing both ways - and there are loads of shagging-related achievements so the game obviously feels it's integral to the plot...

...or feels we all like watching a collection of pixels humping.

What are the options for a lonely Shepette in ME2? Jacob, I'd imagine, and maybe Garrus? Can't see Mordin or Grunt being used.

WARNING: "Shagging in ME2" spoilers below
I spent loads of my last playthrough trying it on with Samara but she turns you down at the last moment. Then had a quick jump with Jack and ended up with Tali, mainly to see what her face looked like behind the mask - You never get to see it - before reigniting my Liara flame in the Lair of The Shadow Broker DLC.

EDIT - Apparently you can get it on with Kelly too, in a completely guilt-free way. She might swing both ways actually - Invite her up for coffee.

I think I'm finally gonna plunge into Fallout 3 (It's the GOTY edition, if that makes any difference. Does it?) soon. I've finished most of the TV shows I wanted to plow through, don't have too many outstanding games lying around, and we're between sports seasons right now. So it seems like a good time, probably in early March.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I WANT to get back into Fallout 3, but it's kinda a slow game for me.

Suspect's Reviews

I think I'm finally gonna plunge into Fallout 3 (It's the GOTY edition, if that makes any difference. Does it?) soon. I've finished most of the TV shows I wanted to plow through, don't have too many outstanding games lying around, and we're between sports seasons right now. So it seems like a good time, probably in early March.
PC? I'd recommend giving this place a visit and then this place if you're finding the HUD a bit big and console-like. I think the GOTY has the latest patches so you're pretty safe there.

After I finished Mass Effect 2 I gave Fallout New Vegas another spin but it was such a different take on the rpg that I decided to take some time out. They're games that you need to ease yourself into, but all the more rewarding for it.

I've got so many games laying around that I've dipped into occasionally but thought good enough not to sell. I've got a really low attention span these days for games which don't immediately grab me and need to make a decision between 'I might play it again soon' and 'get real, if it's not wowed you by now it never will - sell it!'

You want to post like me?
I've been having a blast with Fallout 3 recently and I haven't even gone to Galaxy News Radio yet to continue the main quest line. Screw finding dad, who needs that guy, I'm just roaming the wasteland shutting down a town full of cannibals, finding Oasis, finding a home for a kid without a father, making the wastes a better place one raider at a time. I found a holotape yesterday that said if you're listening to this my brains are splattered on a wall somewhere and you've got a job to do. I mean how enticing is that? And then you go on a treasure hunt for twenty minutes and then you stumble on to the next thing and the next thing...
It's insane how much content there is! I've been doing this thing where I just pick an unexplored area of the map, head in that direction and the game is so full of stuff that something interesting or disturbing or amazing is bound to fall into your lap. And the game is just so packed with ambushes, rigged shelters, notes, logs, holotapes, treasures, random encounters that even when you're not doing a quest you're still having an awesome time because you feel like you're in an actual, living world and you are absolutely unrestrained. Very few games are able to do that.

Yoda. I think the game of the year edition have all the DLC installed already.

Yep, it's little things like that which make the game great. Just be prepared for lock-ups, slowdowns and crashes on the PS3 when you get to higher levels (and even more often on the dlc). I've ranted enough about F3 PS3, though.

Still prefer New Vegas, Kasper? I still think the story flows better in F3 (although I dug New Vegas when I imagined my character as F3's Lone Wanderer on a gap year ) and with Broken Steel you can wander around for as long as you like.

Dunno if any of the New Vegas dlc makes the gameplay open-ended - I'm gonna wait for the inevitable GOTY edition.

You want to post like me?
No I get why you prefer Fallout 3 now. I still miss the weapon mods but that's about it.

By the way...
WARNING: "Oasis side quest Fallout 3" spoilers below
If you apply the growth sap to Harold's heart does the wasteland turn green?

By the way...
WARNING: "Oasis side quest Fallout 3" spoilers below
If you apply the growth sap to Harold's heart does the wasteland turn green?
Don't think so. I'm pretty sure I've seen all the outcomes to that quest and can't remember that happening.

If you *do* experience the lagging and lockups I mentioned, one solution I read was to disable autosave and when you save manually, make sure it's to a fresh slot, no overwriting. Apparently corruption of save files is a cause of the crashing. Not tried it though.

I like the game, but both Lisa and I sort of lost interest after a while, and the gray/brown motif to the art sort of got old, too. If you haven't bought Fallout 3 yet (I get the idea you have), I would bail over to Mass Effect II, as I feel is a just a better experience overall, and the story is WAY better, IMO. The color palette is much more vibrant, the voice acting stellar across the board, and I find it to be rather invigorating to play, while Fallout is a bit depressing. Mass Effect is a much more cinematic experience, and the character development plays out in a much more involving way, at least for me.

Fallout 3 is a good game, and the scope is pretty amazing - I just don't have a ton of fun playing it, I guess.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Well its fun but to play it with someone else and again sh1t load of combos that I manage to do them with randomly pressing the buttons . It's not bad although I managed to pre-order it but I changed my mind might swap it for either bulletstorm or Killzone 3 next week

Test Drive unlimited 2

This game is awesome the world is huge its like playing Need for speed, GTA and Sims at the same time, graphics are amazing and the recreation of Ibiza and Hawaii is basically 1:1