Family movie night suggestion.

Tools    

Thanks everyone, a lot of good options here.
We went with The Fabelmans but it was a tough choice as there were many suggestions that interested us. We decided on this one because it is a fairly new release and we rarely choose one of these because we tend to watch them in theater or when they debut on a streaming channel in addition to our movie night, but this is one we didn't get a chance to see yet.

We all enjoyed it, I will try to post a little more about it soon, but for now I personally give it a

So movie night this evening.
Theme is movies that have a singing/band competition in it. It doesn't have to be the main plot of the film, but it should be an important part.

So far we are thinking 8 Mile, School of Rock, Pitch Perfect.

Any other ideas?

Remember we watch a total of 3 movies, 1 each week then we pick a new genre. So we ultimately need 3 flicks to watch.

Thanks for any feedback.

So movie night this evening.
Theme is movies that have a singing/band competition in it. It doesn't have to be the main plot of the film, but it should be an important part.

The Sapphires(2012)

Hearts Beat Loud(2018)

The TAMI Show (1964)

That Thing You Do -- I m not sure if there is a competition in it. It is about a band that becomes a one hit wonder in the Sixties.

That Thing You Do -- I m not sure if there is a competition in it. It is about a band that becomes a one hit wonder in the Sixties.
Seconding. Great suggestion. Really fun movie.

Have you seen The Fabelmans? I would recommend that. It is available to rent or purchase on demand and it's one of the best films of the year.
Now that I think about it, The Fablemans is a movie that the entire family could sit down and watch together.

I remember liking Lady in White a lot as a kid.

I think I felt similarly to Paperhouse, another quiet horror film from around the same time that has been completely forgotten. Not sure if it was family friendly, but I feel it must have been. I watched it with my family after all (that is probably not a ringing endorsement for appropriateness though)