Movie Tab II

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Sin City (Rodriguez, 2005) - watched it twice, bringing me up tp five or so viewings now. Also watched all the extras, were were great.

The Butterfly Effect (Bress, 2004) - Not as bad as I had heard, but still not great. I just love time travel pics, so I grade on a curve sometimes. Some poor acting here, as well, though.

Serenity
(Whedon, 2005) - Love it, best film of '05.

Put me in your pocket...
Broken Flowers ~ It was ok. Nicely done, but this didn't leave an impact on me...other than 'that's it'? There are some things in the story I wish had been explored more than they were.

Wedding Crashers ~ Cute, fun. Loved Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn together. There are some things about the ending that didn't make sense to me, but...ehhh...pass the popcorn.

The Facts of Life (1960) ~ Nice B movie. Lucille Ball and Bob Hope are great to see togeher. Interesting take on mid-life hormones. I wouldn't mind seeing this re-tooled and remade.

Originally Posted by Ophelia
Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring (2003) - The second film I have seen by Ki-duk Kim. As fulfilling as the first.
I'm glad you mentioned this. I've had this one in my hand a few times and put it down for whatever reason. Thanks...I'll make sure it stays in my hand next time.

Originally Posted by susan
watched phantom of the opera for the 12th time tonight...i can't stop watching that film...gerard butler's performance is absolutely marvelous...
My daughter and I love it too.

The Fat of the Mailbox
The Ruling Class (1972) 5/5, first hour, 3/5, second hour.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
In Recent Memory:

Nightmare on Elm Street
Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge
Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
Friday the 13th
The Machinist
Red Eye
Red Eye (Korean)
The Brood
The Last Horror Movie
Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed
The Chronicles of Narnia
Mr. And Mrs. Smith
Before Sunset
Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room
Batman Begins
Sympathy for Lady Vengeance
Hostel
Welcome to Dongmakgol
The Duelist
Chungking Express
Good Night, and Good Luck

And a good dosage of "Battlestar Galactica" season 2 as well as season 2 of "Tales from the Crypt".

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by OG-
Good Night, and Good Luck
Any good?

Oldboy
Pretty dope I just wish I knew how to speak Asian, or whatever language that was because I watched the dubbed version.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Golgot
Any good?
I was very, very underwhelmed by it. Not very engaging nor very thought provoking. :-\

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Oldboy
Pretty dope I just wish I knew how to speak Asian, or whatever language that was because I watched the dubbed version.
Korean, and man, why would you ever watch the dubbed version?

Originally Posted by OG-
Korean, and man, why would you ever watch the dubbed version?
The same thing may have happened to him, that happened to me, I ordered RAN on fetch movies and the dubbed one turned up

The Omen 7/10

Cape Fear 7/10

The Graduate 8/10

Von Ryan's Express 6/10

Buffalo '66 7/10

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by nebbit
The same thing may have happened to him, that happened to me, I ordered RAN on fetch movies and the dubbed one turned up

ACK!! Don't watch it!! I can't imagine Ran dubbed....

Brokeback mountain - what I had hoped for, though I do not care for anne hathaway, nor the last few segments of the film, they do not add to it. Beautiful chemistry between the two leads. *sigh

I See You When You're Sleeping
Land of the Dead 2005

I was dissapointed by this. Maybe it's just me but Romero seemed more exciting in his previous efforts (Night, Dawn and Day). This movie came across to me as a failed attempt to update the zombie series in line with it's modern counterparts i.e Resident Evil and ironically the remake of Dawn of the Dead.

It was a confusing and misdirected affair which lacked excitement and interest. I know Romero is infamous for inserting social satire into his movies (or being mistaken to) but I just didn't care to even touch on any idea here.

A big fat C.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Wedding Crashers (2005, David Dobkin)

2.5/5

It was ok I guess. Average enough in a join-the-dots kinda way. Raised a few smiles (though that may well have been wind). Chris Walken seemed a bit bemused though Rachel McAdams was extremely fragrant...

Wedding Crashers made me long for Kenneth Williams, Sid James, Hattie Jaques, Charles Hawtrey et al in their pomp. Broad strokes seemed much more fun (and less saccharine).

Then again...

Put me in your pocket...
Anatomy of a Murder (1959) ~ It was an ok court room drama, but not as good as I hoped it would be...parts of the story were just unbelievable to me. Witness for the Prosecution (1957) was much better. However, George C. Scott was wonderful and outshined everyone (he wasn't on screen enough for me) and Lee Remick looked mighty fetching.

Genevieve (1953) ~ I liked it. Very cute. I loved Dinah Sheridan and Kay Kendall in this.