Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Tools    

The film will be titled just Terminator with a subtitle (like "Rise of the Machines"), not with the number 4. This isn't that revealing, except that the marketing strategy they're trying to go with is starting from complete scratch. Given that The Halcyon Company bought the rights entirely last year, it's obvious their strategy is to start from scratch without really continuing Terminator 3.

The story will focus on John Connor and Kate Brewster organizing the surviving humans to resist Skynet's army of robots. It will take place after the apocalypse and likely feature the "origin" story of terminators - "the first time a human looking robot is used to infiltrate the ranks of people." T4 will feature a new hero, explaining "Ben-Hur was influenced by Jesus Christ, but it was his story. Much in that way, this character will be influenced by John Connor."

Unfortunately Nick Stahl and Claire Danes will not return

The production company anticipates that Terminator 4 will be ready for release sometime in 2009, if not earlier depending on if and when everything comes together. The script is being written by Michael Ferris and John D. Brancato, who co-wrote Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, and McG has been chosen to direct.

The Halcyon Company will be producing a complete trilogy of new Terminator films.

Released by Warner Brothers Pictures, Christian Bale wil star.

another great terminator movie..

Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins? Terrible title. I'm already bored. Sounds like a piece of fan-made Terminator fiction. They might as well have named it Another Pointless Messing With Perfectly Fine T2 By Copying Its Entire Storyline And Making Confusing Time Paradoxes.

The Adventure Starts Here!
No Nick Stahl? Bummer. He would have given the movie the continuity it's going to desperately need, methinks.

I do find the storyline interesting, if they tell it well, but I fear the execution will leave something to be desired. I will see this one eventually, but perhaps not on the big screen. I guess it'll depend on the buzz.

it is confirmed that Christian Bale will play the role of John Connor.
here's the story: Terminator 4

A system of cells interlinked
So wait, we lose Nick Stahl and get Bale?

Talk about an upgrade. Stahl is a terrible actor, and Bale is one of my favorites...

I wonder who will be the Terminator??? It'll have to be someone who looks intimidating.

Here's a suggestion - Bill Goldberg!

Mcg directing gee I can't wait

Soo Everything that happen in the past now Is the Real Deal where they will show the future war of humans against machine!!! Can't wait to see this hehehe....

Yeah it makes for a great movie and Bale is a good actor who wouldnt do just any movie now adays. Looking foward to see the cast sheet to come.

So wait, we lose Nick Stahl and get Bale?

Talk about an upgrade. Stahl is a terrible actor, and Bale is one of my favorites...
Agreed.

When I rewatched the original Terminator I did think that John Connor's dad looked a lot like Christian Bale in Reign of Fire

(UPDATE)

Release Date: May 22, 2009
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: McG
Screenwriter: John Brancato, Michael Ferris
Starring: Christian Bale, Sam Worthington, Anton Yelchin, Charlotte Gainsbourg , Moon Bloodgood, Common, Jadagrace
MPAA Rating: PG-13
Movie Poster: N/A
Plot Summary: The highly anticipated new installment of The Terminator film franchise, set in post-apocalyptic 2018, John Connor (Christian Bale) is fated to lead the human resistance against Skynet and its army of Terminators. But the future Connor was raised to believe in is altered in part by the appearance of Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington), a stranger whose last memory is of being on death row. Connor must decide whether Marcus has been sent from the future, or rescued from the past. As Skynet prepares its final onslaught, Connor and Marcus both embark on an odyssey that takes them into the heart of Skynet’s operations, where they uncover the terrible secret behind the possible annihilation of mankind.

"Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins" will reinvent the cyborg saga with a storyline to be told over a three-movie span.

*It is confirmed by one of the cast in Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins that Arnold Schwarzeneggar will indeed star in Terminator 4 with a 30 second cameo role. The news comes from Marcus Schenkenberg who has just signed to be in the sequel.

Welcome to the human race...
Pretty much. The PG-13 rating and the inclusion of Common don't exactly paint a pretty picture either...

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
New concept art

Movie Forums Extra
Anxious to see the follow-up

Unfortunately Nick Stahl and Claire Danes will not return

Christian Bale wil star.
Oh, well that sucks! Claire Danes was a really good Kate, and contrary to opinion , I think Nick Stahl was good for this role - here's why: he always did play a good...troubled young man. I mean Stahl can do really troubled.

Bale. I get Bale in the role - I've no doubt he can do a good troubled young man-cum-leader of the resistance (check Equilbrum), but last I checked he was a hulking musclebound beef-monster, and ....unfortunately, he always seemed to cerebral to me for this role. Not to say that John Connor is a simple man - he's not. But he's also not quite the disturbed brooding man that Bale does well.

Can't say I ever plan on seeing these , but they just might be better than the current three. I don't like any of them that much - Terminator 2 , I really enjoyed untill I got really sick of the super cheesy acting.