Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

Raiders is first for me, too, but I am also shamefully fond of the Crystal Skull, for two reasons:
Cate Blanchett
and

I love the opening scene in Temple of Doom (the music, the scenery, the scenario, the way it all devolves into anarchy, etc.).

It's great the way it just sort of picks up right in the middle of the climax of an "Indy" adventure we, the audience, were never privy to (almost like we walked in on a prequel of the prequel).

It's so reminiscent of the golden age of Hollywood (including, unfortunately, the whole "yellow scare" which may be racist by today's standards, but is still part of entertainment history).

That opening sequence is almost like a mini-movie from the pulp age unto itself.

Plus of all the films, it's the one most akin to the 30s/40s vintage adventure serials and pulp magazines that influenced the character to begin with. It's also evocative of 1950s Horror comics like Tales From The Crypt. It really has the feel of a pulp adventure/Horror comic made during that time come to life. I feel the subsequent films would sadly lack that. Not that they're bad films, they're not, but the "pulpy" style of TOD really helped make that film stand out in a good way from the others and embraced the character's roots.

Such a great moment from that film, among so many others.

It was my first Indy film as well, which is appropriate, given that it's a prequel set before the others. Though I prefer watching them in release order, as TOD with it's faster than lightning pacing definitely works better viewed after Raiders.

Boldly going.
[quote=crumbsroom;2427814

But I remember things from Doom. I don't remember ****ing shit from Crusade.[/QUOTE]

Do these ring any bells....?

"It belongs in a museum!"

"Junior, the rug is on fire. And the table. And the curtains."

"I've lost him... I never told him everything... I just wasn't ready, Marcus."

You should watch it again. It's a great flick. Not as good as Raiders, imo, but still great.

Do these ring any bells....?

"It belongs in a museum!"

"Junior, the rug is on fire. And the table. And the curtains."

"I've lost him... I never told him everything... I just wasn't ready, Marcus."

You should watch it again. It's a great flick. Not as good as Raiders, imo, but still great.

I remember the last image. But I think that's because it was in a Burger King commercial.

I recall Burger King did a promotion for the fourth one way back then, that might be the one you're thinking of.

Sad there isn't a new movie to look forward to in the series but there's at least the upcoming new video game, which sounds promising. No matter your feelings on the last movie, to walk into a theater in 2023 to a new Indy movie was a pretty awesome experience.

The last one was pretty good then it suddenly fell flat about halfway through.

One cannot simply forget short round
"It's Daktah Jones to you lady" Best quote of the movie.

Updated after finally watching the new one on Christmas.

Temple Of Doom
The Last Crusade
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Dial of Destiny
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Dial of Destiny sucked, but not as much as Crystal Skull.

I think the newest one turned out pretty good but sadly you can tell they waited a decade too long for it to come out.

Finally got around to watching all the movies this week, heres my ranking

Temple of Doom
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Last Crusade
Dial of Destiny
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull