Any good really dark kidnapping/captivity movies?

Tools    

I don't want to sound like someone deeply disturbed for seeking something like this, but I've been watching a few of them lately and it's the type of movie that I find absolutely terrifying. I find the captor/victim dynamic very interesting and I wanted to explore it fully.

Some examples of recent stuff I watched that was good:

Hounds of Love
Chained
7 Days
Kidnapped
Martyrs
Boy Meets Girl

The more intense, realistic and less known, the better. Anyone have good recommendations?

If you want to go a little more old school you might look at something called The Night of the Following Day
I'm not accustomed to watching older movies from the 60s, but I might give this a shot.

You'll need the 60s app for your phone
I can't install anymore apps on my phone, sadly.

A system of cells interlinked
Prisoners

(Villeneuve, 2013)

[quote=Sedai;1747922]
Prisoners

(Villeneuve, 2013)

I've seen this, but to me it's more about the mystery than the actual captivity since you don't see much of the captor/captive dynamic play out. Good movie though.

I was kidnapped as a toddler, seriously, our childminder left me unattended in the garden and 2 women walked in and took me, vaguely remember it, i was found in a derelict house alone less than an hour later. Thankfully unharmed.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I can name some good/bad ones for you:

Captivity
Funny Games
The Disappearance of Alice Creed
An American Crime (tough watch)
Misery
Room
Take Me
Compliance
Kept Woman

Some of these aren't dark, but I just threw a bunch at ya.

Suspect's Reviews

A system of cells interlinked
[quote=Mr. Darkness;1747926]
Prisoners

(Villeneuve, 2013)

I've seen this, but to me it's more about the mystery than the actual captivity since you don't see much of the captor/captive dynamic play out. Good movie though.
WARNING: "Prisoners" spoilers below
The scenes with Jackman and his captive in the abandoned building are fairly central to the proceedings. Add in the stuff with the little girl and the detectives capture towards the end, and I think this approaches the concept from several angles, even if a couple of the instances are rather brief. Glad you liked the flick!

Also: I second Suspects recommendation of Alice Creed.

I don't want to sound like someone deeply disturbed for seeking something like this, but I've been watching a few of them lately and it's the type of movie that I find absolutely terrifying. I find the captor/victim dynamic very interesting and I wanted to explore it fully.

Some examples of recent stuff I watched that was good:

Hounds of Love
Chained
7 Days
Kidnapped
Martyrs
Boy Meets Girl

The more intense, realistic and less known, the better. Anyone have good recommendations?
The Collector (1965)

This might just do nobody any good.
10 Cloverfield Lane, maybe? Neat little genre piece.

The Seasoning House
The Bunny Game
Vanish (2015)
Last House on the Left (1972)
House on the Edge of the Park
Mother's Day (2010)
Megan is Missing

I agree about that scene, Sedai, you are entirely right. I was focusing too much on the main kidnapping plot and forgot about that scene.

I can name some good/bad ones for you:

Captivity
Funny Games
The Disappearance of Alice Creed
An American Crime (tough watch)
Misery
Room
Take Me
Compliance
Kept Woman

Some of these aren't dark, but I just threw a bunch at ya.
Kept Woman looks very interesting. I've seen Funny Games and American Crime. Misery too.

I will also check out The Disappearance of Apollo Creed. The synopsis peaked my interest.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
10 Cloverfield Lane, maybe? Neat little genre piece.
Ha! I was just about to post that. I didnt think I'd like it because I didnt like the first but I loved it.

Buried is another I thought of.

The Collector is another - really made me question the sanity of the scriptwriter.

Martyrs that you mentioned in your OP - deeply disturbing. I love that movie.

Megan is missing - really crappy film until the last act which is brutal.

Creep - not a kidnapping as such but you might like it

The Seasoning House
The Bunny Game
Vanish (2015)
Last House on the Left (1972)
House on the Edge of the Park
Mother's Day (2010)
Megan is Missing
I actually saw Megan is Missing. That movie just completely rips your insides.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I actually saw Megan is Missing. That movie just completely rips your insides.
Doesnt it ever!

Probably my favourite genre. Scares the hell out of me.

The Strangers.