where are you?

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
i stole this idea from another forum. rules are easy..just post up some pictures where u live...battle of shiloh was fought 20mins from my house
this is the cherry mansion..its where grant stayed during the war at shiloh

we have a few well known citizens from hardin county. one is elizabth patterson who played the nosy neighbor on i love lucy..

I am the Great Cornholio!
Morristown, TN. Aka...we have nothing. Overhead sidewalks and lots of farmland and woods. Evil Dead was filmed here, on the west end of town though. Just a bit of the chimney is left, I'll try to find some pictures of that from the last time I went.

but here's our sidewalks...fabulous.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Morristown Sidewalk.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	6016  

Pensacola, Florida

Blue Angels
Worlds' Whitest Beashes
Hurricane Ivan Target
UFO sightings
Jaws 2 Filming

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Orange County

UC Irvine: They filmed some movies there.

Conquest For the Planet of the Apes (only the stuff behind the Commons in the back is a matte painting)

They also filmed parts of Silent Movie and Poltergeist there.

Plus, we're the home of John Wayne Airport

...and a few other places are around here too.

Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield was filmed at UW-Madison

Major League was filmed in County Stadium
and Mr. 3000 was filmed at Miller Park.

and just recently I heard Johnny Depp is going to be coming to Wisconsin either in Baraboo, Oshkosh and/or Milwaukee for his movie Public Enemies. Depp plays John Dillilnger a gangster from the 30s. I guess the place in Baraboo hasn't been renivated ever so they want to go there for the authenticness. I think that would be killer!

Movie Forums Extra
Philadelphia, the City of Brotherly Love!
It's a nice and exciting city for those who have not visited it!!!!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
London. Which is famous for Big Ben, the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament...none of which are anywhere near where I live in North London. Although we do have an ikea.

I am from India. India is in Asia continent. India is very beautiful country. Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world is situated in this country. I like my country very much.

I live in Portland, Oregon, U.S. of A. Many movies have been shot here including some of longtime Portland resident Gus Van Sant's best-known work, including Drugstore Cowboy and My Own Private Idaho.

I now live in the Sellwood neighborhood of Portland. The only movie I know of that has been filmed in this part of Portland is Bill Forsythe's wonderful Breaking In (1989), script by John Sayles, starring Burt Reynolds and Casey Siemaszko as a veteran burglar and his apprentice.

The movie was filmed all over the city, but the last big robbery takes place at an amusement park, specifically a safe under the rollerskating rink during the Fourth of July fireworks. That park, Oaks Amusement Park, is just down the hill from my apartment, less than a mile as the crow flies, on the banks of the Willamette River, next to the Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge. It's a tiny park, only forty-four acres, and there aren't a whole lot of massive rides, but considering it opened in 1905 it has held up pretty well, and the skate rink with its large four-manual Wurlitzer pipe organ is what it is most famous for.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Boston, MA - USA

I actually live in a suburb just outside of Boston, but Boston is WAY more interesting, so I am from Boston! I spend plenty of time in the city.

Colour out of Time
I live in Tasmania, the island state of the island continent of Australia.

My home hugs Mt. Wellington which rises 1271m above sea level and is 20 minutes from the capital city Hobart.

Every Saturday there is a pretty groovy market.

Mount Wellington influences Hobart's weather and can get a bit cold sometimes.

But the view is pretty cool.

Every so often we get ourselves a free skyshow direct from Antarctica.

Tassie is famous for marsupial carnivors ... the extinct(?) Thylacine (aka Tasmanian Tiger, Tasmanian Wolf)

and this Warner Bros character Taz, which is actually the 'cute' Tasmanian Devil
=

Tasmania, being one of the oldest states in Australia is rich in history, the English transported many an undesirable (usually Irish) downunder to the penal colony.

Unfortunately too many know of Port Arthur because of this guy.

Martin Bryant killed 35 people on April 28,1996

Tassie has the two oldest breweries in Australia

Cascade Brewery was established in 1824 and is Australia's oldest continually operating brewery nestled on the foothills of 'the Mountain'.

Cascade Premium Lager is made there

Errol Flynn was born in Hobart on 20th June 1909

Anyway this is where I live.

I grew up in Seattle, Washington. I still live in Washington just down the road a piece in Des Moines, Washington.

I suppose Seattle is pretty well known to movie goers although when they say they are "in Seattle" in the movie, they rarely actually filmed the movie here, typically they are up the road in Vancouver B.C. and just saying its Seattle, its cheaper to just show footage of flybys of the skyline and then do the filming elsewhere. Perhaps that will change if the $ continues to drop into the toilet.

Seattle is home to many things, obviously these people got started here.

And for that I'm truly sorry. I won't drink their coffee myself after the way Howard Shultz handled the Basketball team here that he owned for a paltry 5 years and then bailed out on us.

Then there is a Seattle institution, Dick's Drive in.

As we like to say here locally... "There's nothing like a big bag of Dick's!" And sadly this is another example of local government sticking their noses in and telling us how to run our lives. Recently a law was passed here about trans-fats. Do you know about the evils of trans-fats? I don't really either and honestly I don't give a sh*t, but I know this, they forced Dick's to change the oil they cook their fries in and now longtime customers say their fries taste like ass. *sigh*

I throw in the obligatory picture of the Pike Place Market because it seems that if you've never been here, you've probably still seen this or the little fish market that's just inside in action. I swear to you, every single time the National media comes here for a sporting event they go down to the fish market and get the athlete's to chuck fish around like this is the only other game in town. Whatareyougonnado?

This is a view from the local beach about a mile from where I live now. The Puget Sound area is chock full of delicious views like this one and I highly recommend you never come here and see them for yourself, else you find yourself "trans-planted" here and never leave.

Arlington, Virginia, in the neighborhood known as Rosslyn. I am a Rosslynite.

It looks a little different now since this picture was taken. There are more buildings up - and more on the way.

I live near Georgetown, Washington D.C., the setting of William Friedkin's The Exorcist. Rosslyn can be seen in the movie, as well as the bridge (Key Bridge) on the right.

It's a great place to live. Georgetown is fun and so are many parts of Arlington. There's also all of D.C. to explore and I'm close to Maryland. I also live close to the Pentagon, which I drive by several times a week if I'm on my way to Target or the grocery store.

Oh yeah, and the steps that the priest falls down at the end of The Exorcist are near me. I walked up them this past Halloween.

I also live by these dreadful little islands called The Three Sisters which are supposedly cursed and are slowly inching their way over to poor old Sexy Celebrity - they wanna get me! I can't cross their path!

Phoenix Arizona!!
I don't know.
Is it Captain Howdy?

home LA, CA

I love in Santa Monica, Home of the scenic and famous Santa Monica Pier!
[punches him in the face, grabs him and points his gun right at his throat] I never said anything about the FBI. She's my partner, ese. And if anything happens to her, I will find you and I will kill you. I won't think twice. Come here, look in my eyes. [pushes barrel of the gun into his mouth and cocks it] Look at my face. If anything happens to her, I will kill you. This is between you and me, and nobody sees, nobody knows.