Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Not Enough Time
There are only really three musical numbers in it. All in the beginning. After the zombie chickens attack there are not any songs.
You had me at "zombie chickens attack"

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Not Enough Time
JFK - 8.5/10

I watched the Director's Cut, and I will say first and foremost this movie is LONG. I'm pretty exaughsted, actually, after watching it, so I'm just going to say pros and cons.

The win for best editing was appropriate, very well done. The directing, photography, and editing all together were really well done. The acting was impeccable, absolutely awesome. The guys mustache when they go to the restaurant near the beginning, definitely a point plus. The evolution of the story was good. And of course the main theme and idea of the movie was fantastic.

The length was too much for the content and lack of stimulation. Maybe this is just true for the Director's Cut, I don't know. By the time the ending speech/closing argument was being said, I felt like I should be heart-wrenched, but I just wasn't because I was no longer really involved in the movie. And it wasn't anything special. I think the idea it is based on could be expanded into a much more philosophical manner. But it did a good job of showing more or less the biography of Jim Garrison during this time period.

I only gave it the extra half point (instead of settling at 8) because what was good, was REALLY good.

I watched Shutter Island last night. With all the hype I thought it would be pretty good. But it seemed to not have much direction, the acting was mediocre, parts of it were rambling and disconnected. I liked the way it ended, but mostly it didnt impress me much at all.

Harlequin aka Dark Forces (Simon Wincer, 1980)

Intriguing political thriller/fantasy with some hokey effects and an impishly amusing performance from Robert Powell. It's a modern day interpretation of Rasputin and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The Prestige (2006): 8/10
Family Weekend (2013): 6.4/10

Watched Days of Heaven yesterday. This will sound largely negative but overall it was very good.

Some may see this as blasphemy but I really think Malick should focus on directing - and leave the writing to someone else. This was a brilliant movie ... with a second rate story and an average script. As soon as the plot was revealed, I knew exactly what was going to happen. In itself, that's not a bad thing if there is an engaging script that gets you to that obvious ending. That didn't exist IMO.

I felt the same about Tree of Life and to a lesser extent, Badlands. I felt like they should have been great experiences but they were only very good due to some parts of what should create a great movie being essentially overlooked.

I'd give this 8/10 but should have been 10/10 as it was visually stunning.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

To The Wonder

Haters gonna hate.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Mmmm Olga Kurylenko.....nice...

Cleanskin 2012 8/10

"My name is Psycho but you can call me Stuart."
State of Grace

Gary Oldman as Jackie Flannery...Does anymore need to be said?

4.5/5

Not Enough Time

Argo - 9/10

I really want to give it 9.5, but I absolutely hate to give out anything better than a 9 to movies where I didn't go "I f***ing love that movie".

Two reasons I don't give it a higher rating: the end was ultimately predictable, to me, about a third to half way through the movie. I will say no more in fear of giving anything away. This said, I was on the edge of my seat for most of the last 20 minutes, the suspense was extremely well played.

Reason number two is Ben Affleck bothers the crap out of me! Not because I think he's a bad actor, because I like him in a lot of movies, I like the movies he both acts in and directs/produces. What bothers me about him is that I know he has emotion, I KNOW he does, because he shows them when he is in a comedy role, but not when he's in a dramatic role, where he needs to use them more. I do not understand this. I think maybe he is more comfortable in comedy roles and therefore the little things come out because he is not so stiff. Whatever, so I thought he could've done a much better job acting.

Other than that it was absolutely incredible, superb, top notch, all the way around. I didn't leave me at "I f***ing love this movie", but it definitely had me at "That was a good f***ing movie" while nodding my head. Highly recommended.

Not Enough Time

The Hudsucker Proxy
Watched this about a week ago 8/10

I thought Tim Robbins was hilarious, and Jennifer Jason Leigh's character dialect was AWESOME!!! Also loved the settings, every set for every scene was great.

Darn images aren't working

i am editing and changing to an 8.8 rating. Not quite a 9, but that is debatable. It may go up again, but right now thats what it is.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Silver Linings Playbook. 9.5/10

I think I am actually in love with Jennifer Lawrence now.