Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Oh my God that's possibly his worst film... I'm sure Zombie already made that. It's probably H2.
Honestly, besides the second and third Transformers, I don't despise his films. I think they are extremely mediocre, and a little too testosterone driven. However, I'm never bored or particularly bothered by them. Put that on his IMDB blurb. Never bored or particularly bothered.

I do think Pain & Gain is his best, not a coincidence that I also find it the most humorous.

I do think Pain & Gain is his best, not a coincidence that I also find it the most humorous.
That may be the reason why we split on this movie.

That movie offended me like no other really have. Not just because it was rude and cruel, especially considering it's a true story. It also glorified violence and torture and I just didn't find that funny at all. I guess I could have enjoyed it as sort of an exercise in bad taste, but I thought the movie was so bad and poorly made that everything felt even more offensive...

To some extent though, I can agree about the fact that his movies never downright suck, but are just extremely mediocre or whatever, but it seems like, with time, he has turned more into straight up awfulness... at least for me. Transformers 4 was atrocious.

I liked Pain and Gain quite a bit. How often can you say that Marky Mark and The Rock were perfectly cast? For his best, I think Bad Boys is pretty awesome.

That may be the reason why we split on this movie.

That movie offended me like no other really have. Not just because it was rude and cruel, especially considering it's a true story. It also glorified violence and torture and I just didn't find that funny at all. I guess I could have enjoyed it as sort of an exercise in bad taste, but I thought the movie was so bad and poorly made that everything felt even more offensive...

To some extent though, I can agree about the fact that his movies never downright suck, but are just extremely mediocre or whatever, but it seems like, with time, he has turned more into straight up awfulness... at least for me. Transformers 4 was atrocious.
I think Bay's biggest problem is he has just become a parody of himself. He is an auter but in the worst possible way. You are much younger than me, but I can tell you back when The Rock came out, people didn't even know who Bay was. Transformers is when the spotlight started shining on him, and he doesn't hold up to the scrutiny. He makes dumb films.

I think Bay's biggest problem is he has just become a parody of himself. He is an auter but in the worst possible way. You are much younger than me, but I can tell you back when The Rock came out, people didn't even know who Bay was. Transformers is when the spotlight started shining on him, and he doesn't hold up to the scrutiny. He makes dumb films.
You nailed it, man. Pain & Gain felt very much like a parody of himself. He even had that 360 degree turn from Bad Boys II, so he doesn't only parody himself, he also copies himself for bad and for worse... well, we all know about how we have come to learn of "Bayhem". The many explosions, the oversaturated warm hues, the testosterone and masculine movie making and the rude and vulgar jokes...

Now, to complicate things, I do actually like Bad Boys II quite a lot, which got criticized for being rude and vulgar. I guess it's a combination of things why I like that one and not Pain & Gain, but anyways, I used to like Bay before Transformers. Back when I just enjoyed films on a general basis, I would actually call him my favorite director... Back then, I wouldn't say it was that bad of a thing to say. The dude could direct action, even if all the other parts didn't quite add up. The Rock was and still is great and his best work. I like the Bad Boy's, The Island and the first Transformers is still pretty good last time I checked. But that's where it started to go down hill... a lot.

I hear where you are coming from but we are on different pages taste wise. I hated the Bad Boys films, even way back then. Didn't care for The Rock much either. I thought Armageddon was fun at the time and I enjoyed The Island, although I couldn't tell you a thing about it. I still enjoy Transformers and contend it has been colored by the sequels which I think are horrendous. Haven't seen 4 though.

I thought the first Transformers movie was pretty good. Hell, it used to be in my top 100.
I went to see it with a couple guys I worked with thinking I would hate it. I don't have the nostalgia for Transformers, TMNT, and GI Joe like other guys my age. Maybe because my parents didn't buy me every toy on the market and my Saturday mornings were spent roller skating through most of my friend's cartoon years. Anyway, I went, and I loved it. Thought it was a hell of a lot of fun. I have soured a bit since my seven year old has watched it a dozen times. I still think it is solid though.

Dazed and Confused (Richard Linklater, 1993)

A rewatch for me, but my brother wanted to see this because he enjoyed Everybody Wants Some!! so much. Still a very good film, but we think that EWS is slightly better, certainly more laugh-out-loud funnier for us. Some great moments though, and Matthew McConaughey is fantastic in pretty much all the scenes he's in.

9/10 The Purge Anarchy i rate it 9 almost perfect because for me i like the storry line but i don't like the acting of the villain....for me though..xD

I had 5 Swatches on my arm…

This is not the Apocalypse we asked for

I was mildly excited about seeing this, partly because a reduced ticket price meant little chance of buyer's remorse. Buyer Beware!

Let me start with the 3D. I avoid it because it does not perform at an acceptable level yet. The screen blur/stuttering is still jarring during action scenes and provokes me to remove my glasses. It also magnifies the obviousness of the green screen scenes to a point of being too obvious and game breaking.

How many more of these do I have to do?

I don't know if the choice of Apocalypse was an attempt to beat Marvel to the Thanos punch (of course it was), but it could not have been more undercooked. One of the greatest comic book villains is reduced to a rhetoric spewing prophet that postures the entire movie. The only true scene of his awe-inducing ability is neutered by using it in "dream" state. Please take note Marvel.

The film spends way too much time spinning its wheels setting up the narrative and leaving one starved for action. Unlike a movie such as Guardians , the slow bits just drag and did little to endear me to the characters. Throw in some horrid wire work and I was over this experience.

Are we done with scenes of epic destruction? I just at this stuff anymore. Until someone can reinvent the wheel, this is your cue to go to the loo.

The MCU ain't got nothin on me!

The Quicksilver scene is the highlight of the movie, but you already knew that. Fassbot is great as usual, exposing his lower teeth and growling his dialogue. Nowhere close to enough screen time left me . If only the movie could have sustained the momentum from its epic opening, this movie could have been so much more.

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
True Romance (1993) 8/10

Plot "Clarence marries hooker Alabama, steals cocaine from her pimp, and tries to sell it in Hollywood, while the owners of the coke try to reclaim it."

Most recent film for me was The Neon Demon that is currently in theatres. I reviewed the movie on my YouTube channel and gave it an A. I really liked it.

Hold That Ghost (1941) 3.5 / 5
Even the teenagers in the house loved it.

Video Violence - 5.5/10

VCR/amateur flick that comes very close to being a good movie.

Hold That Ghost (1941) 3.5 / 5
Whoops. I mentioned this film to you in another thread - I actually meant to say "Who Done It?". (as their funniest) Hold That Ghost is still pretty good though.

I'm planning on watching some Laurel & Hardy soon to see how they stack up against other comedians from that era.

Whoops. I mentioned this film to you in another thread - I actually meant to say "Who Done It?". (as their funniest) Hold That Ghost is still pretty good though.
That's one I haven't seen yet, I'll put it on my watch list.