The MoFo Top 100 Action Movie Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Strategic voting sucks. Vote your favorite 25 in order.
My Top 5 are definitely my favourites. I know I said I placed Lethal Weapon 2 high "strategically", but it really is one of my favourite films. Not just in the action genre, but in general. I love buddy cop films and Mel Gibson (as an actor, not as a person).

But for 6-18 in particular, the order didn't really matter to me because they're all films I sort of care equally about. I moved them up or down the list for various reasons (what did I want to see do well but I didn't think others would place as high was one, but I also moved things based on which films had better action than others).

My #12 is also one of my favourite movies of all time, but I didn't think it deserved a spot above 6-11 because it's one of the few movies on my list people could argue shouldn't count as an action film. I wanted my list to reflect my personal taste, but I also wanted to try promote action above all else, since it is an Action Countdown after all.

My #12 is also one of my favourite movies of all time, but I didn't think it deserved a spot above 6-11 because it's one of the few movies on my list people could argue shouldn't count as an action film. I wanted my list to reflect my personal taste, but I also wanted to try promote action above all else, since it is an Action Countdown after all.
*looks at Cosmic's list*

*laughs*

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
The Expendables 3 was one of my picks and i'm pissed that it didn't make the list yet Kingsmen and The Incredibles did.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

The Expendables 3 was one of my picks and i'm pissed that it didn't make the list yet Kingsmen and The Incredibles did.
I've not seen Kingsman, but why shouldn't The Incredibles be here?

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
You should be mad about Dark Knight Rises, not The Incredibles. Anyways this is probably the first list that we as Mofos have done injustice too. Not sure it should even be on the lists section TBH.

I hated The Dark Knight Rises, but have no problem with it being here. What's your objection to it, raul?
It's placing above films like Spider-Man 2, Dirty Harry, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's placing above films like Spider-Man 2, Dirty Harry, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
That's just the way things go with any collaborative list like this. There are always going to be a few films that some people will scratch their heads at. But that doesn't make this list some kind of travesty.

If enough MoFos gave enough points to it for it to have this position, then it belongs there whether you or I like it or not.

You should be mad about Dark Knight Rises, not The Incredibles. Anyways this is probably the first list that we as Mofos have done injustice too. Not sure it should even be on the lists section TBH.
Damn thats way harsh. Please give some respect to a host that goes thru the work in producing this for us at the least.

I mean lets all be honest, we all would probably redo "official" countdowns already been done at one point. I seriously doubt, however well this could have been put together, that this would be the last Action Movie Countdown we'd ever have. This may be the purest Action Countdown because its including anything and everything that has Action in it.....no Im not thrilled with what it looks like either, but its authentic. It was put together correctly. Its unique. So lets enjoy it.

Oh I'm not trying to take things away from the host, hes doing a great job. I commend the effort, it's harder than you think.

I just think different people had different perspectives as to what qualified.

Can't believe certain things have gotten into an action movie countdown, and Expendables 3 is pushed to an honourable mention... it's more action movie than 7/10 of what's shown up so far.

23. Die Hard With A Vengeance - 74th
19. Independence Day - 72nd
15. Lethal Weapon 2 - 83rd
13. The Expendables 3 - Honorable Mention 70-66
04. Starship Troopers - 75th

I've never claimed to have good taste in movies.
I dunno what you're lookin' at, but I gave your #12 a
in my thread.

My order, action-wise, would be:

Spider-man 2
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Dark Knight Rises
Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry's awfully tame.

Oh I'm not trying to take things away from the host, hes doing a great job. I commend the effort, it's harder than you think.

I just think different people had different perspectives as to what qualified.
Clearly.

This may be the purest Action Countdown because its including anything and everything that has Action in it.....
Pure would be nothing BUT Action, not everything WITH Action. That's "tainted".

I dunno what you're lookin' at, but I gave your #12 a
in my thread.
You quoted the part of my post where I mentioned wanting my list to reflect my personal taste (which is why I put a lot of movies that probably don't really deserve to be so high on a list where they are), and your response was looking at my list and laughing. So I just assumed you were laughing at my admittedly terrible taste in movies.

You know, like my #11.

Hown in the world does Spiderman get an honorable mentioning but Kingmans a Box Office Flop gets a ranking in the list. I mean Batman Beging and The Dark Knight Rises gets in and Spiderman 2. Something is clearly wrong with the process in selecting the order of films. Yes Nedstark is Hot. About to see my other alter personality which is Vader.

Hown in the world does Spiderman get an honorable mentioning but Kingmans a Box Office Flop gets a ranking in the list.
It had a worldwide gross of over 400 million on a 80 million budget, and has a sequel in the works. How is that a flop?

The names Vader ...... Dave Vader!
"Come over to the dark side Lionel"

You quoted the part of my post where I mentioned wanting my list to reflect my personal taste (which is why I put a lot of movies that probably don't really deserve to be so high on a list where they are), and your response was looking at my list and laughing. So I just assumed you were laughing at my admittedly terrible taste in movies.

You know, like my #11.
Haven't see that.