Second Life

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
Here are a few snapshots of my various incarnations...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_004.JPG
Views:	97
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	5487   Click image for larger version

Name:	Devil's Moon 1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	5488   Click image for larger version

Name:	I Robot Av_001.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	5489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snapshot_007.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	5490  

In the Beginning...
Bushido and I attended a U2 concert in SL today.

That's right. A U2 concert!

Pics:

Juel Resistance, the opening act. She's actually a singer/songwriter, and was streaming from her studio (with stage effects on).

Bushido and me holdin' it down (I blinked for the pic, heh).

Bono came up from the stage like that. It was incredible.

The Edge!

I couldn't believe it. Even though it wasn't really U2 (just a tribute band with a U2 concert track playing), it was a really awesome experience. The sync was incredible: Bono held the mike up when he was singing, Edge was playing when you heard guitar...

It was so interactive. They had a sound booth, a band room, security guards holding down the stage, and a concession stand and merchandise booth behind the crowd. I was stunned. This is, without a doubt, the most impressive thing I've found about SL. VERY well done.

Sedai, Bushido and I will be posting more, probably.

"..I know the TRUTH.."
Originally Posted by Sleezy
Bushido and I attended a U2 concert in SL today.

That's right. A U2 concert!
Sedai, Bushido and I will be posting more, probably.
Man, Sleezy's pics are holdin' it down fo sho! Glad my treehouse neighbor invited me so that I could slide the invite to the rest of MoFo! Solid time! I'll post one pic because I know Sleezy took a gang of them!

"...with or without YOUUUUUUU..."

"..I know the TRUTH and I don't have to be what you want me to be.." -Muhammed Ali

"..I know the TRUTH.."
It was bound to happen...

Space Ghost, Coast to muhfreakin' Coast, bruh! No doubt. That is the tightest skin you've done yet, bruh. By far, hands down. You should make some 'incredibles' skins for the MoFo's, and me a "Frozone"!

The Show was just soooo much fun! Very surreal...

Afterwards I was playing around with some framing at Bushido's place.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Split Frame 1.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	5491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Split Frame 2.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	5492  

Female assassin extraordinaire.
oh.my.god. I LOVE U2!!!!!! i am so sad i missed this. but it sounds so awesome, thanks for the pics guys!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yah, I've been slightly busy this last week and haven't spent any time in world (not even to just log on and camp :-\)

i kept meaning to get on ... it's almost like i know it's going to suck me in so i procrastinate going in and next thing i know,the day is over ...

i spent most of my time messing around on myspace and sleeping. :P

"..I know the TRUTH.."
Nice. I just figured out how live sets (and other music streams) are broadcast to SL using Shoutcast. Hot. For more info, peep:

Land Parcel Music Streaming SL Wiki

..there is also a dedicated SLshoutcast service available to support SL directly:

SLshoutcast.com

there's a frog in my snake oil
Is that how you were playing music at your pad yesterday B?

This looks useful for the MoFo project n'all...

Land Parcel Video Streaming SL Wiki

Each evening at 5Pm EST I tend to jump up out of my camping chair/pad and head on over to the cactuswrap for a drink and to relax for about 30 mins. Then I try to do some actual learning at the prim library/sandbox. After that I try to hook up and chat with MoFos for a few before taking a few hour break to eat dinner and watch a movie or something. Then SOME nights I am back in for general flying about, hanging out, relaxing....

In fact, I should be on in about 10 mins....

"..I know the TRUTH.."
Originally Posted by Golgot
Is that how you were playing music at your pad yesterday B?
[/url]
Yes, but its not something I coded up. My lanlord placed a boombox in my dojo which allows me to get about 71 streams. But, that code is how she is able to do it (or she got a boombox that was coded to do that and placed it in each of the places she rents out).

BTW, I'm currently at The Avalon on the grid and I think each MoFo interested in the group project should check out the site.

Avalon 206,177,39

Yoouch. Clean lines n spacious. That'll take some matching.

A cyberspace oddity. A place to practice procrastination. A cageless human zoo.

Specifically... it's a 3D world where you do what you like. You can use it as a giant 'physical' chatroom, as a place to make cash (by designing useful 3D things that people might like), or as a surreal escapist environment in which you can dress like George Best.

Personally... i think of it as a place where i overheard some knee-high birds complaining that the forest ain't what it used to be.

Scoot around their website to get a bit more info. It's a wrong thing. But bizarrely fun

You were sleeping while we were having virtual beers with Bono.
uh, it's not like anyone came into mofo to say, hey, we're gonna go watch bono in SL. i was unaware. if i had been aware, i would have been more than happy to join. get it?

ironically, i checked mofo a couple times before and AFTER sleeping.

which, btw, i badly needed, considering i was SICK.

so there. *puts up fists*

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by thmilin
uh, it's not like anyone came into mofo to say, hey, we're gonna go watch bono in SL. i was unaware. if i had been aware, i would have been more than happy to join. get it?

ironically, i checked mofo a couple times before and AFTER sleeping.

which, btw, i badly needed, considering i was SICK.

so there. *puts up fists*
Chill out, girl.

If I was sick, I'd have been in dreamland, too. Sorry about the no notice, but I actually posted those pics while we were still there. So even if I did post a "hey, come see Bono," you were probably sleeping right through it. The concert only lasted a couple hours.