What Song(s) Make You Cry the Most?

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
In the Arms of an Angel - Sarah McLachlan
I absoloutly love this song. Its so so sad and beautiful, everything from the lyrics to the music itself is so moving. Have you heard Good Enough By McLachlan too? Thats another of my faves. Actually i love most of her muisc, i find it all so incredibly emotional. I thinks its her voice and the way she speaks the words. Her song from Toy Story 2 Always brings a lump to my throat.

A system of cells interlinked
Finale - Last of the Mohicans - That damn scene gets me every time.

For some reason, Love Theme - Mulholland Drive gets me feeling down, but I like it.

Most of the music from James Horners score's and especially his Meet Joe Black score makes me pretty emotional. I absoloutly love the violins and strings in his work and i find some of the music from this film absoloulty beautiful. If im in the right frame of mind and feeling melancholy and nostalgic it can make me cry. but if im in another frame of mind it can make me happy and ambitious. Its absoloulty beautiful music. I also have similar emotions when i listen to the score from Gladiator. The final song in the film, i dont know the name of it, but its truly beautiful. The scores from other films such as The Perfect Storm, Bicentennial Man, Cast Away, Dorian Grey and Last of the Mohicans are also amazing pieces of music. i know some of the films are pretty corny but you really cant fault the music.

Kissing You by Deseree is a beatiful song. She sings it in LurhmansRomeo and Julliet. A really powerful song.

Sedai, i really like the love theme from Mulholland Drive too. When i first saw the performance of Crying in that film i was blown away. Such a beatiful and powerful song, sounds even more amazing sung in Italian (Was it italian that the woman sings it in? Whatever language it is, its sounds so sad and powerful.)

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I absoloutly love this song. Its so so sad and beautiful, everything from the lyrics to the music itself is so moving. Have you heard Good Enough By McLachlan too? Thats another of my faves. Actually i love most of her muisc, i find it all so incredibly emotional. I thinks its her voice and the way she speaks the words. Her song from Toy Story 2 Always brings a lump to my throat.

Yes, I've heard Good Enough... it's a favorite of mine too... Sarah has a beautiful voice and I basically like everything she has done... Have you heard her new CD Afterglow?

Originally Posted by Sedai
Finale - Last of the Mohicans - That damn scene gets me every time.

Me too... Mohicans is my all time favorite soundtrack...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I See You When You're Sleeping
Untitled 4 by sigur ros. It's the song playing at the end of Vanilla Sky on the rooftop. It always gets me going.

Also,

Cody - Mogwai
2 Wrongs make 1 right - Mogwai
Kids will be Skeletons - Mogwai

Yasmin the Light - Explosions in the sky

Names - Cat Power

All these songs have give me that 'something in my eye' excuse.

coke kills drink pepsi
empty apartments
macy's day parade

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Independence Day by Martina McBride.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
For those of you who say you haven't cried to a song:

Go through a tragedy, listen to a particular album while grieving, listen to it later in life, then watch out!...
Exactly.
I had heard the Cat Stevens song "Oh, Very Young" countless times and never thought anything about the lyrics til I happened to hear it about 2 months after my dad died. I was leveled by the lines:
though your dreams may toss and turn you now
they will vanish away like your dad's best jeans
denim blue, fading up to the sky

Also:
"Winter" by Tori Amos
"Fields of Gold" as recorded by Eva Cassidy (written by Sting)

Resident Metro-Sexual
No song has ever made me cry, but Televators by The Mars Volta conjures up some sad feelings for sure.

Evanescense-Fallen tracks 3,4,7, and 10, dunno all the names, and http://www.digitallyimported.com/ gets me worked up sometimes, the other side of that, is that those are the only things that can make me cry, other than that, and Amy, (naturally), i'm dead inside

I think I've only cried once when listening to a song, but I get pretty emotional with a couple.

He - Jars of Clay Here's just a snippet:

Don't try to reach me, I'm already dead
The pain when it grips me, for things that I've done
Well I try to make you proud, but for crying out loud
Just give me a chance to hide away
Exhaustion takes over, will this someday be over?

Fearful tears are running down
The pain you've laid don't speak a sound
Don't take my heart away from me
And they think I fell down

That was the one I cried during, I think.

Music of the Night- The Phantom of the Opera

Micheal Crawford....what else is there to say?

I dreamed a Dream - Les Miserables

hmm now that I think of it, the whole Les Mis soundtrack is pretty dang emotional.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

Originally Posted by allthatglitters
Music of the Night- The Phantom of the Opera

Micheal Crawford....what else is there to say?

I dreamed a Dream - Les Miserables

hmm now that I think of it, the whole Les Mis soundtrack is pretty dang emotional.
Ah. You couldnt be more right if you tried.