A0Zs reviews

→ in
Tools    

coke kills drink pepsi
This is my first review on a movie so cut me some slack okay. ( that means you A_M) Then again I also want you to be Honest. What were some problems with it and how could I improve.

WARNING: spoilers below
Spoilers

Collateral

If there ever was a point in your life, when you had to make the decisions of your life over some one else's. What would you do? Thats what Michael Mann's newest thriller, try's to put across to those who watch it. In my opinion, no matter what the circumstances are, you should never take the life of another even at the cost of your own. Thats my opinion, but what if you choose the other way out. How would you come to par with fact people are dying and you could do something about it, maybe run, or just don't do nothing at all. These are the reasons I kept watching the film Collateral.

The movie is about a crazed Hit-man named Vincent ( played by Tom Cruise), who needs a ride to his mark. So he gets into a cab with the intentions of paying the cab driver to take him to his supposedly business meetings, and then killing the driver Max ( played by Jaime Fox) after.

Then the driver finds out that Vincent is killing people at his drop off points. The director uses a lot of points in the movie, were the driver Max try's to make the decisions to keep driving or do something about it. Sure he makes a few attempts, like when Max visits his mother and steals the suitcase with Vincent's laptop. He then figures out a little bit more about his Hit-man client.

Max after seeing the Hit-man kill his fourth hit, he crashes the car and Vincent's escapes. I especially liked this scene in the movie. You kind of figured what was going to occur in the film. I had to figure that some how Jada Pinket Smith had a much bigger part to play, then just the girl who gives Max a card with his number on it in the beginning of the movie.

In a way the Hit-man and Cab-Driver gain a special bond, and Max had some sentiment towards Vincent when he had no choice but to kill him. Jada Pinket Smith who play's the vulnerable lawyer, meets Jamie Fox's character early in the movie and actually play's a major in the turning point in the movie, when Max discovers that she is the next mark on Vincent's list.

I thought that Michael Mann perfectly delivered this movie. Jaime Fox In an interview on the collateral site, commented on how great a film director he is. "Every one wants to sharpen there skills so they go to him, even Tom Cruise, who in-fact is at the top of his game is trying to work with Michael Mann, to increase his skills".

Provoking in it's own way, Collateral kept me watching it in suspense. It had very interesting scenes of how it was going to end up. I love the fight scene in the bar and how Vincent killed the guys, cold blooded.

I though that this Movie was really good. It had all of the elements of a suspense and has some elements of a good action-movie as-well. I't could have been a tad better story line. Then there were some points in the movie that I could tell how it was going to end up in. The biggest thing I wondered is what I would've done in Max's position. That I believe is the main idea the film is trying to get across. The movie was an alright film.

I'll give it a ..... 4

rating scale:
1. Total crap
2. Had some good moments
3. Almost good
4. Excellent
5. Classic

coke kills drink pepsi
Wholly Moses

Has Spoilers

Recently I bought the dvd release of Wholly Moses. Staring Richard Pryor , and Dudley Moore. The story is about a sculptor turned prophet for god, who trys to find a place in the story of moses. Also starring Larine Newman as Herschel's lusty bride, James Coco as his father and slave.

The movie starts out in Egypt and is about this guy and girl played Dudley Moore and Larin Newman who are on a tour bus. Then stop at an attraction. They both stumble upon this scroll and discover the story of Herschel (Dudley Moore). So they narrate as the movie goes along.

The baby Moses, as the story goes, was placed in an Ark and sent down in the Nile in hoping that the Pharaoh's daughter will take him in as one of her own. Unknown to the others another baby was also pushed down the nile in hopes of being taken in by the Pharaoh's daughter. This is the story of Herschel who thought that he was the chosen one to lead the Hebrew people out of Egypt. Although he was also pushed down the river with Moses , but he was seemingly pushed away by moses.

He was found by a poor family instead, having no other choice the father serves the family as a slave and his son becomes Herschel. Some of the scenes were funny and some of them were just ridiculous. Even though the movie had some laughs it didn't give me what I needed.

A precise synopsis of the film is that Herschel is following along with the bibles story of Moses. For example when Moses went to the top of the mountain and saw the burning bush Herschel came shortly after and discovered it as well. Then he figured that he is the chosen one to lead the hebrew people out of Egypt. Along the way he encounters a few side quest's. The movie then comes to a conclusion wearHerschel is locked up in a jail cell by the Pharaoh ( who is played by Richard Pryor, with only one brief appearance I might add) and to be headed the morning after. With the help of his father and an alcoholic angel he is then saved. He then finally meets up with moses and Herschel then makes the ten commandments and gives them to Moses. He finally goes to the top of the mountain and has a simple talk about his quest.

The movie was Okay and had its moments, but the ridiculous scenes and dumb one-liners from James Coco and Dudley Moore made the movie seem rushed. The story line was a little to weak for me and the ending was horrible.

Rating..... 2

coke kills drink pepsi
Please fo the love of Mike some one read them!

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Advice:Add more personal elements into it. Give us more of an idea of what YOU thought.Other then that, not bad.

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by Animal_Mother
Advice:Add more personal elements into it. Give us more of an idea of what YOU thought.Other then that, not bad.
thanks, means alot, thank you

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Cool, A0Z. Your style is very conversational. You make some good observations about the central issues in the films. I'd agree that you should streamline the synsopses a bit (cut them down to a paragraph) and expand on what you think about the film, the acting, the way the story is told, the way it's shot, etc. You're off to a good start, though. Nice job.

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelila
Cool, A0Z. Your style is very conversational. You make some good observations about the central issues in the films. I'd agree that you should streamline the synsopses a bit (cut them down to a paragraph) and expand on what you think about the film, the acting, the way the story is told, the way it's shot, etc. You're off to a good start, though. Nice job.
thanks

coke kills drink pepsi
well people it's been a while sense I have written a review and I'm sorry, but the fact is people I'm LAZY (that and my atrology teacher is giving us a load of homework). Sense this is the month I'll be leaveing, I'll hopefully willl be finished with it tomorrow. I'll work on it durring school.

coke kills drink pepsi

The LOST BOYS

WARNING: "The Lost Boys." spoilers below
See?
[/quote]

The movie begins with opening credits and laughter and an old 80's song ( which is played during the whole movie, it get old if you know what I mean). It then quickly goes to some board walk In santa Carla California. There was a small brawl with a group of young boys. (around this time they could be called troubled mines.)

The brawl is ended by a security personal, and after the board walk closes he disappears. Thus opens the story line. Sam and his older brother michael are your average all american young men with normally day average interests. But after they move with there newly divorced mother to Santa Carla, things begin to have a dramatic change.

They move in with there crazy sex obsessed grandpa who likes to make stuffed stand animals. But after a while michael begins to act out . It seems Michael has fall into the wrong crowd from hell. He meets a man his age named David and his friends and things begin to become weird. Richard Donner and Joel Schumacher try to use elements of an average teenage life. Like what kind of things A teenager like Michael and sam deal with. Things such as pure pressure and young alcohol usage.

Anyways Michael meets David (played By Kiefer Sutherland) and he desperately wants to belong in santa carla so he drinks a bottle of liquor or so he thinks it is. Not knowing that it was David's blood. Then Michael begins to change, he sleeps during the day he, desperately has cravings for blood, and can fly when sleeping. He becomes a Vampire

Sam has no choice but to seek out the help from his new found friends Edgar, and Allen Frog. I thought Corey Fellowman and Jamisen Newlander performances were hilarious. They suspect Max, (Sam's and Michael's mom new love interest), is the head vampire. But he passed the test.

They then go after David, and prepare for the final battle against the vampires. Michael Kills David, but hasn't changed, then the Max revealed himself to the head vampire. The awaited conclusions comes when grandpa crashes his car in to Max. THE LOST BOYS, Reshapes the average rules about vampires, and I think they totally pulled it off. Although the movie did get a little boring and wasn't as funny as you thought it as going to be, The Lost Boys Is a classic.

I give it a 3

Originally Posted by Agent 0 Zero
Spoilers
If you want the spoiler tag to work, you need to add the "=movie title" in the first bracket. Just reply to this message and you will see...

WARNING: "...what I mean." spoilers below
See?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
If you want the spoiler tag to work, you need to add the "=movie title" in the first bracket. Just reply to this message and you will see...

WARNING: "...what I mean." spoilers below
See?
thanks

coke kills drink pepsi
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan