tell us about your year.....

Tools    

Haunted Heart, Beautiful Dead Soul
with new year's coming up, tell us what this year has meant to you. good or bad, life is always changing for us.

Jan... hit a tree and totaled out my car
March...kevin sent me flowers for the first time EVER
June... saw my oldest niece turn 15 and ask to move in with me!! (not happening) and met Adelita's Way and saw Saliva live!!
July... started to notice i was losing wieght and doing a mile walk every day i could ( need to start that again this weekend) and my one yr anniversary with kevin.
August.. the best month ever!!! kevin came home from the sandbox safe and sound!!
September.. had kevin home for a whole month and loved every minute of it!! showed him Memphis thru my eyes and he loves it now
October.. celebrated another birthday and had more candles this year. i was able to take off a week or two to make the drive back to Colorado. i got to see the Oz Museum in Wamego, KS again.
November... survived another Thanksgiving at work. i wait tables and this is one of our busiest days.
Decemeber.. i am having Kevin home for the our first holiday together since we have been married. seeing my beautiful niece, Alena turn one year.

well now that i have bored you with my year wrap up, its all up to you if this thread grows or stalls out. this year was been one of ups and downs. i wouldn't have traded it for nothing. i proved to myself what i CAN achieve.

Very nice post and thank you for sharing your year with us. I think it is wonderful that you were able to spend time with your man. These trials you two are going through will only make your relationship that much stronger.

For me this year has been so full of pain and not the physical type. My daughter got arrested for leaving her daughter alone: She left to give someone a ride home and thought that her roomate was still there. Well her roomate had left early after being called in for work and thus my grandaughter was left alone. She spent some time in jail and is still not able to see her daughter except for 1 hour a week visits.

This has turned the family upside down this year and has about drove me crazy. The court dates get pushed and the amount of money it takes to support someone that is on probation is crazy. If these fees are not paid she will automatically violate and go back to jail. She does work but her full paycheck does not cover the classes she is now required to take, plus her weekly fees. We are down to one car now and still the cout dates keep getting pushed because of the backlog. Meanwhile I never get to see my grandaughter when before I saw her at least 3 - 4times a week. it is hard whenever I do get to see her because she does not understand why things have changed.

I am thankful however that she is well and that I hope once the main court date does happen that things will be cleared up. I know my daughter used poor judgement in not checking to see if her roomate was still there, but it certainly was not a malicious act that the state attorney accuses her of. My daughter has beem home since the incident and cries herself to sleep everynight longing for her baby.

It has been a very rough year and it seems it will extend to the next, but in the long run I am sure it will make us all stronger and also a bit wiser.

My year has consisted of seen my little guy (Jack 3) turn into a little boy. My daughter (Elizabeth 2) Turn from a little one into a crazy little toddler. My baby (Emily 1) Start walking and trying to figure out the world.Nothing else to interesting. I built an addition on a house. I built another house. I'm building a highrise which I am on the 16 floor. To be complete in a few months. That's my year family and work. Nothing to crazy looking forward to Christmas and a new year. Also looking forward to the 2010 olympics which my city is hosting. Hope everyone had a good year and that 2010 is great.

When you say you build these buildings, do you mean as a worker or do you own the company? Or are you an architect? I know that, if you were, you'd probably say 'planned' or something, rather than built, but I know nothing about architecture lingo so, for all I know, that could be what they say.

Also, rather than calling your son Jack 3 and your girls Elizabeth 2 and Emily 1, why didn' you just give the other children different names? Or were you influenced by George Foreman?

Happy New Year from Philly!
When you say you build these buildings, do you mean as a worker or do you own the company? Or are you an architect? I know that, if you were, you'd probably say 'planned' or something, rather than built, but I know nothing about architecture lingo so, for all I know, that could be what they say.

Also, rather than calling your son Jack 3 and your girls Elizabeth 2 and Emily 1, why didn' you just give the other children different names? Or were you influenced by George Foreman?
Woof! And I thought I was a smart alec.

Way to much time on your hands Honey Kid. To answer your question I Physicaly built them.If I planned them I would have probly said I planned them. If I designed them I probly would have said I designed them. Its not lingo its English. Do you understand now have I made it clear enough. You understand that I've built as in worked on these buildings.

Of course it's real!

Actually, I had to look it up.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Way to much time on your hands Honey Kid. To answer your question I Physicaly built them.If I planned them I would have probly said I planned them. If I designed them I probly would have said I designed them. Its not lingo its English. Do you understand now have I made it clear enough. You understand that I've built as in worked on these buildings.
Yes, I understand now. Thank you. BTW, were you just rambling or was that an attempt at sarcasm?

The People's Republic of Clogher
2009 was the year that my eldest Tattette (and official Apple of Her Daddy's Eye) became a teenager and I almost bankrupted myself on a new kitchen. I got bacon flu and came to the swift conclusion that the cold I contracted soon after was much worse.

The bacon flu help line was also disappointing - Tried phoning them a few times and all I got was crackling. Arf!

Welcome to the human race...
Finished my second year of university, got back a job I thought I'd lost, broke up with my girlfriend. That's the main stuff, I guess.

For me this year has been so full of pain and not the physical type. My daughter got arrested for leaving her daughter alone: She left to give someone a ride home and thought that her roomate was still there. Well her roomate had left early after being called in for work and thus my grandaughter was left alone. She spent some time in jail and is still not able to see her daughter except for 1 hour a week visits.
If you don't mind me asking, exactly how did this lead to your daughter getting arrested? How old is your granddaughter, how long was the trip to give someone a ride home... and who squealed? Did your granddaughter call the cops or something? Was it a busybody neighbor? This sounds more like an "Oops!" incident without landing exactly into Britney Spears territory. This sounds nightmarish and I am truly very sorry for you all.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
It's been a pretty dull year actually. Had my first annual Cary Grant Movie Weekend in January. We had a harsh winter here and got loads of snow days which was terrific. I had an excellent writing streak in the spring, making quite a few accomplishments. Just a little note, I joined MoFo, the best forum on the internet. Summer was a blast, watching loads of great movies. I had a very easy first semester of school which was nice. I found out that I'm going to be an aunt again. November had a few downfalls, but it was alright. Christmas was fun this year too. So, there's my year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

2009 wasn't a great year for me. It wasn't a terrible year either. But it leaned more towards bad. My overall mood this year was down and gloomy. You know, I had more bad days than good this year. I've been through some emotional issues. I just couldn't find the peace of mind that I wanted all year long. Fortunately, I still have my faith, my health, my job, my family, and friends to keep me going.

I'm hoping 2010 is the year big changes happen in my life, and that I find a peace of mind, get engaged and married, and settle down.

I am half agony, half hope.
My year was very good. Major progress in most areas.

I made an effort to make new friends as my best friends live far from me. This year ends with me having 3 people that I like and spend time with outside of my family.

I volunteered. It makes me feel good, and it helps others. I plan on doing more of it in the coming year.

I saw my family for the first time in 2 years, and was pleased to see they're all healthy and mostly happy.

I started exercising consistently to better my health. The weight's not flying off of me, but my cholesterol, blood pressure and calcium are at great numbers, and I hiked Multnomah Falls without any lingering problems except sore shins.

I made sure that this year ended with all of my existing relationships on good terms. This can be hard because I can be confrontational and opinionated, but it's worth it.

Finances are getting better, but could take another hit if we have to take a pay cut next year as the rumor goes. We had very high vet bills for pet illnesses and major work done on our two cars. Ouch. I did start saving in a 403B to supplement my future pension from the state.

The only thorn in my side is my job. The district micro-manages and there's enough paperwork to make me rethink my career. Hopefully it will improve over the next couple of years. The upside is I have a wonderful principal and terrific colleagues that make me laugh.

I end the year feeling positive, supported, and loved. Good stuff.

Johann von Goethe

It was a good year.

Got into a nice routine with the day job, started and finished the largest single web development project I'd ever been hired for, continued some ongoing development/consultation that started in late 2008, kept writing reviews and I feel they're getting better (though at a slightly less frequent pace), site traffic picked up significantly, the site had more posts than any other year in its history, got engaged, drove down to Washington D.C. to sight-see, meet an old school MoFo, and visit a client, and then flew to Asheville to have Christmas with my fiancée's family, where I learned that we'd come to a tenatative agreement with the seller of a house.

Pretty huge year, all in all. And with the house closing soon and a wedding in September, 2010 could actually be even more eventful when all's said and done.