The MoFo Top 100 of the 2000s Countdown

→ in
Tools    

And now, the actors with most entries in the countdown...

I don't think this equivalency holds up. It is one thing to be blacklisted for political beliefs to the point that you can't find any work in the industry, and another thing to be "blacklisted" by the allegations that have surrounded Allen's life. And I use quotation marks because, although I agree that certain circles still shun him, Allen's career has hardly been affected by it.

As was said here, he has remained a very prolific director, releasing an average of one film per year; 20 in the new millennium alone, with those earning nominations for 9 Oscars (3 wins), 5 BAFTA's (2 wins), and 16 Golden Globes (3 wins). During that time, he has worked with artists of the caliber of Scarlett Johansson, Penélope Cruz, Javier Bardem, Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman, and many others.
You're right, but in the reverse order. The "political beliefs" were supportive of the overthrow of the U.S. system of government. [As it turns out those tenets are prevailing.] The allegations against Allen were tried in the SJ court of opinion, and he was convicted.

But we'd better veer away here so as not to hijack the thread, and also to avoid deletion..

359. Talk to Her (2 ballots, 16 points)
Nope. Earlier in the thread you said it was 113th place. Just from the MoFos who have revealed their ballots so far (assuming they all correctly remembered their votes) I have it at 53 points from four ballots. I had it at #6 (20 points), Chypmunk had it #9 (17 points), Mark_F had it #13 (13 points), and Scarlet Lion had it #23 (3 points).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Let's be real: it's both.

I mean, doesn't every Canadian have their coming-of-age sexual awakening in a locker room after a local hockey game?
It's how my parents met

not really, but this just made me chuckle

oh, loved your list, btw. Showing love for Kung Fu Hustle AND Emperor's New Groove?? NOICE!!

omg its the f*cking worst. what a plague on this country.
It's a sh#tload better than Starbuck's or Dunkin Donuts, le'mme tell ya that

Nope. Earlier in the thread you said it was 113th place. Just from the MoFos who have revealed their ballots so far (assuming they all correctly remembered their votes) I have it at 53 points from four ballots. I had it at #6 (20 points), Chypmunk had it #9 (17 points), Mark_F had it #13 (13 points), and Scarlet Lion had it #23 (3 points).
Yeah, Chypmunk just brought this up to my attention via PM. Apparently this was something that got by us but there were two films with the same name, hence the votes were split up.

Checking the votes now, but apparently this would have impacted the backend of the countdown. Apologies for this, but will get back to you as soon as I check it.

Making me wanna watch the 2006 one - Digital Sam in Sam Saek 2006: Talk to Her - now
Never heard of it before.

oh, loved your list, btw. Showing love for Kung Fu Hustle AND Emperor's New Groove?? NOICE!!
Thanks. I struggled with reconciling my ideas about the "best" films with wanting to recognize the ones I return to the most. I think my list is a mish-mash of those two elements.

My ballot:

1. Tropic Thunder (2008)
2. Chicago (2002)
3. Mean Girls (2004)
4. The Departed (2006) (#19)
5. The Dark Knight (2008) (#10)
6. Mulholland Drive (2001) (#4)
7. Hot Fuzz (2007) (#30)
8. Pan's Labyrinth (2006) (#7)
9. Bridget Jones's Diary (2001)
10. The Bourne Identity (2002)
11. The Bourne Supremacy (2004)
12. Sherlock Holmes (2009)
13. Troy (2004)
14. How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days (2003)
15. Watchmen (2009) (#87)
16. Eden Lake (2008)
17. Iron Man (2008) (#83)
18. Collateral (2004) (#55)
19. Panic Room (2002)
20. Up in the Air (2009)
21. Black Hawk Down (2001)
22. Minority Report (2002)
23. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) (#15)
24. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001) (#2)
25. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003) (#8)
Mean Girls over The Dark Knight, I guess I'm not the only person that had the balls to do this lol nice

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

Firstly: @Thief, @Yoda and to EVERYONE:

For the final two, enjoyed them VERY much, so YAYYY to Fellowship and No Country!!

And my final reveal:

Films Watched 73 out of 100 (73%)
1. Amélie (#16)
2. O Brother, Where Art Thou? (#21)
3. Ratatouille (#23)

4. The King and the Clown (2005)
5. Gladiator (#40)
6. Pan's Labyrinth (#7)

7. The Da Vinci Code (2006)
8. The Incredibles (#36)
9. V for Vendetta (#58)
10. The Dark Knight (#10)
11. WALL·E (#13)

12. The Good, The Bad, The Weird (2008)
13. Memories of Murder (#27)
14. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (#76)

15. Road to Perdition (2002)
16. Kung Fu Hustle (2004)
17. Mother (#96)
18. The Departed (#19)
19. The Beat That My Heart Skipped (2005)
20. Memento (#11)
21. In the Mood for Love (#12)
22. Downfall (#28)
23. Quills (#67)
24. Oldboy (#22)
25. A Bittersweet Life (One Pointer)

One Pointers: 10 out of 38 (26.31%)[/quote]

We've gone on holiday by mistake

"I see you're drinking one percent. Is that cause you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."
One of many great moments!

Thanks. I struggled with reconciling my ideas about the "best" films with wanting to recognize the ones I return to the most. I think my list is a mish-mash of those two elements.
When I first participated in these I would be all-time greats and now I put the ones I truly love and return to with the occasional Greats.

Added Willem Dafoe to that post with all the recurring actors from the countdown...

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
And now, the actors with most entries in the countdown...

Ratzenberger also voiced this character in Spirited Away, meaning he had a grand total of seven films on this countdown, which is pretty impressive for a single actor. He ad libbed, "Now that's an esophagus!"
WARNING: spoilers below
after being regurgitated by No-Face
and they kept it in the dub. Also, it's funny that they're all voice acting roles, which I guess speaks to how Ratzenberger's career has shifted.

Ratzenberger also voiced this character in Spirited Away, meaning he had a grand total of seven films on this countdown, which is pretty impressive for a single actor. He ad libbed, "Now that's an esophagus!"
WARNING: spoilers below
after being regurgitated by No-Face
and they kept it in the dub. Also, it's funny that they're all voice acting roles, which I guess speaks to how Ratzenberger's career has shifted.

I thought he was only in the dub, which is why I didn't include that one. Nice!