Music! What makes your blood boil?

Tools    

You can't handle the truth!
So I posted in the noobs area as you do, seeing as I'm new here, and mentioned I liked music, but mainly Big band swing from the 30's to 40's, the Rock and Roll of the 50's and much of the 60's... but not much after that...

One person disagreed with me that the 70's onwards wasn't good music... Yes, I do like Rod Stewart for example, Sailing... but I hold up... PUNK ROCK.... and HEAVY METAL as two examples why what is produced today isn't really music, but noise.... PUNK is performed by people who cannot sing, hold a tune OR play an instrument... right?

So, here is my list of music to get my blood boiling OR calming my blood down... TWO examples, for each decade, for each mood....

1930's Get my blood pumping... IN THE MOOD.... a calm me down piece of music... MOONLIGHT SERENADE...

1940's (because of WW2) The Marines Hymn to make my blood boil... inspiring music... Don't Fence Me In (Roy Rogers 1945) to sort of calm me down....

1950's... THIS DECADE IS WAY TO COMPLICATED!

1960's To fire me up, SINK THE BISMARCK by Johnny Horton ... to calm me down, PEACE IN THE VALLEY by Elvis....

But its not that simple.... Amazing Grace depending on the version and who sings it, can fire me up or calm me down. The Apache version of Amazing Grace (youtube) is ... fantastic.

But I also like Classical, Beethoven's 5th for example, can fire me up, or Wagners "Ride of the Valkyries" ... Land of Hope and Glory... *ANY WELSH MUSIC" especially those connected with the Welsh and the Armed forces....

Movie themes can fire me up, the Battle Of Britain theme... Super man theme...

But then, mellow music... to calm me down... "I love you because" Jim Reeves, Love me tender by Elvis....

And then there is the music that makes me cry... a damned good version of Amazing Grace on video to honor the war dead.... or "The Last Post" or (in the USA) "Taps"....

And, music that makes me laugh. HAIL TO THE CHIEF because whenever I hear that and see trump, I hear it as "Hail to the Thief"

Now, I want to hear what music makes YOUR blood boil, what calms you down... and ... whatever... multiple decades so there is variety....I feel yo can tell a great deal about a person and the music they like.

I told you about my self, now, you tell me about yourself....

**BTW... what my music tell you about me is that I am a big old softy when it comes to music, but don't cross me, I can play a war theme in my head while I'm taking down an unpatriotic person (like a Neo Nazi which I did, a few hours ago, online....)

Not this appeal of antiquity again. But i'd seen some more xtreme case for liking weimar replubic music or early 1900s jazz

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
@Kiwi1960, I agree with you about today's music. I hate heavy metal, punk, hard rock, rap, etc. I prefer older, and mostly slower music. I listen mostly to country music, easy listening, and showtunes, but also some soft rock like Air Supply. The closest I get to rock music is artists like Billy Joel, Journey, etc.

I think that music should be calm and relaxing. It shouldn't be loud and banging, and it shouldn't give you a headache. You should be able to sit back, close your eyes, listen to the music, and just relax.

Some of my favorite easy listening artists are Neil Diamond, Michael Bublé, John Barrowman, Michael Ball, Harry Connick Jr., and Michael Crawford. Some of my favorite country artists are George Strait, Ricky Van Shelton, Don Williams, Jim Reeves, Eddy Arnold, Randy Travis, and Reba McEntire.

The song that calms me down when things go wrong is Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away. If Hubby comes home and hears that song playing, he knows that I had a bad day.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I love the 60s and 70s.. Lately, I've been trying to find some underrated/unknown artists/bands from that time, and YouTube is a nice help.. If anyone has recommendations, or wants them, let me know

(in this order)
Pink Floyd, Supertramp, The Doors, Beatles , zeppelin, who, steely dan, ELO, America, Eagles, David Bowie, Three Dog Night, Fleetwood Mac, Black Sabbath, Neil Young, Marley, Stylistics, Stones, Hendrix, Elton John, Billy Joel, Delfonics, Jefferson Airplane, Alan Parsons Project, Cream, Genesis (Peter Gabriel era), Dire Straits, Queen, Jethro Tull, Wings, CSNY, Bee Gees, The Police, Rush, Carpenters, ABBA, Sixto Rodriguez, etc.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I don't think either punk or heavy metal are exactly today's music... they had their day decades ago. It's all grime these days.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
what is produced today isn't really music, but noise....
Nope. This is noise:

As you can see heavy metal and punk rock are quite tame in comparison. Plus the last album is from 1989, so you can't really call it new. F*ck me, that Hanatarash album is good, gotta rate it on RYM.

Besides, if you can't find beauty in this:

You're just a dried cucumber.

PUNK is performed by people who cannot sing, hold a tune OR play an instrument... right?

I think that music should be calm and relaxing. It shouldn't be loud and banging, and it shouldn't give you a headache. You should be able to sit back, close your eyes, listen to the music, and just relax.
That's another narrow-mided thought. Sure, if you like mellow, relaxing music, that's fine. I do, too. However, saying all music should be like this is too much. The true beauty of music is its variety. There's the relaxing stuff, the sexy stuff, the banging stuff, the brutal stuff, every kind has its place and can be enjoyed given the person is open-minded.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

That's another narrow-mided thought. Sure, if you like mellow, relaxing music, that's fine. I do, too. However, saying all music should be like this is too much. The true beauty of music is its variety. There's the relaxing stuff, the sexy stuff, the banging stuff, the brutal stuff, every kind has its place and can be enjoyed given the person is open-minded.

I agree with Mr. Minio about something! What is the world coming to?!

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I agree with Mr. Minio about something! What is the world coming to?!
The end of the world is nigh.
Is this chocolate's flavour cucumber, though?

PUNK is performed by people who cannot sing, hold a tune OR play an instrument... right?
Wrong. Please feel free to google Gregg Ginn, Captain Sensible, Billy Zoom, Johnny Ramone, Steve Jones, Johnny Thunders, Ron Asheton, etc...

You don't need to listen to what is popular. Every type of music is made every year. People who gripe about today's music are really close minded.
I gripe about today's "hip hop" r/b and pop music..that's been getting worse for decades imo..but yeah..a little excavating and it's amazing what music is still coming out. Great stuff out there.

Welcome to the human race...
OP certainly has a strange definition of blood-boiling. I was thinking of stuff that pisses you off with how bad it is.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
So I posted in the noobs area as you do, seeing as I'm new here, and mentioned I liked music, but mainly Big band swing from the 30's to 40's, the Rock and Roll of the 50's and much of the 60's... but not much after that...

One person disagreed with me that the 70's onwards wasn't good music... Yes, I do like Rod Stewart for example, Sailing... but I hold up... PUNK ROCK.... and HEAVY METAL as two examples why what is produced today isn't really music, but noise.... PUNK is performed by people who cannot sing, hold a tune OR play an instrument... right?
I think that's another problem - production, or lack-of... Auto-tune (you don't even need to be in tune anymore!), drum-machines (?), computer programs, phone apps.. It's not just music, either.. If you take the humanity out of art, you are stuck with a bad product that lasts for about 5 minutes.

And why did Blender go under. I miss Blender. There was hope when Blender was around, as glossy as it was, and as bad as some of the teenage writers were...and Spin, forget it. Spin hasn't been good since The White Stripes and Cody Chestnutt were the newest in new.

Auto-tune (you don't even need to be in tune anymore!
People who say this have no idea how autotune actually works. You can't sing like sh*t and expect an autotune program to completely fix it. It doesn't work like that.