Breaking Bad

Tools    

Worth noting that episode 7 in the 4th season is called "Problem Dog," the title being a reference to a story Jesse tells that symbolizes his guilt over killing Gale.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Looks like somebody is going to be put down that 4th episode. These episodes are going to be insanely suspenseful.Can...not....wait.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
These last few episodes will either be tremendously extraordinary or underwhelming.

I seriously hope it's the former.

Finished here. It's been fun.
No way they can be underwhelming imo. This is the most consistent TV drama ever made for sure.The Sopranos and The Wire had some missteps along the way while Breaking Bad has remained pretty much perfect it's entire run.

Yeah, I'm obscenely confident about this. I have none of the doubts I had with a twisty, turny, just-one-more-potato-chip show like LOST or Battlestar Galactica. This show has made its premise and trajectory clear, and underlined it again and again. I don't think it's even capable of failing to deliver, at least in a general sense.

It may be good rather than fantastic, but I can't see the ending being unsatisfying or inconsistent with what's come before. And I applaud that, because I love the moral universe it inhabits and its uncompromising portrayal of its pro(ant?)agonist.

A system of cells interlinked
I love Breaking Bad, but come on, it doesn't have a ton under the surface to chew on. It certainly didn't have me buying philosophy and history books after I watched it, which Lost certainly did. Lost is a better show (to me), simply because it inspired me to learn and explore many different things. It's the show I have gotten the most out of personally, so it's the best show.

That said, it clearly has some issues that BB does not, so some aspects of Breaking Bad are clearly better, as far as narrative vision and clarity of execution. I just like Lost more, personally. I have watched the entire Lost series 3 times now. No plans on revisiting Breaking Bad, like, ever. Except the new season, of course.

This is where Yoda tells me I am crazy, and he may be right.

Oh, on the subject at hand: No way Breaking Bad phones it in - no way.

Yes, you're crazy! Well, no, but I do think there's a lot more there, particularly about the fundamental nature of evil. Lost likes to namecheck philosophy, but I'm not sure it delved into it a lot.

Anyway, I'm a little distracted at the moment, but please, please remind me to try to sell you on some of this stuff later, because there are a few moments in particular that I think work on several levels.

And when I'm all alone I feel I don't wanna hide
No way they can be underwhelming imo. This is the most consistent TV drama ever made for sure.The Sopranos and The Wire had some missteps along the way while Breaking Bad has remained pretty much perfect it's entire run.
Indeed.

But seldom, in the past, have films/shows I have eagerly anticipated met my expectations. I hope Vince Gilligan proves me wrong.

*cough*... I still havent seen any of The Sopranos ...
Don't feel bad, I never watched a single episode of The Wire until the first of this year..

Rewatched the last eight episodes over about a day and a half this weekend. All ready to go for next week! Might rewatch some of season one, too, since I expect quite a few things will be coming full circle.

The last eight episodes hold up really well. I liked them when I watched them, but I didn't love all of them. But watching them again I appreciate them a lot more.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Im sure I read somewhere that Breaking Bad is going to be shown here in the UK the following day after its aired in the US on Netflix. Cannot wait for the new series to start

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Oh believe I plan to The amount of idiots on my FB who love to chat about spoilers in their status' really annoy me. Its the same when the Rugbys on, I avoid most places like the plague.