I sometimes forget Tim Burton used to not be ******.

Tools    

Ed Wood, Big Fish, Ed Scissorhands are all really inspired works. Love those movies. Sweeney Todd was also great; I still play the soundtrack every now and then. Even now, he's had a few bad movies to be sure, but he's mostly just stale. Do you guys think he'll ever reach his former (relative) glory?

What tier would you put him in?
Not listed. Discounting the bad would stick him in the fifth tier, I think. It's like he lost his passion for filmmaking along the way. Maybe the Monstars have moved on from basketball/trying their hand at something else.

Not listed. Discounting the bad would stick him in the fifth tier, I think. It's like he lost his passion for filmmaking along the way. Maybe the Monstars have moved on from basketball/trying their hand at something else.
Yea i'd agree with that.

I don't think i've ever eagerly awaited the next Tim Burton film.

Master of My Domain
Agreed. Also I like that Burton decided to move away from the Gothic theme and the frequent use of certain actors, mainly Johnny Depp that we are all sick and tired of.

Ed Wood, Big Fish, Ed Scissorhands are all really inspired works. Love those movies. Sweeney Todd was also great; I still play the soundtrack every now and then. Even now, he's had a few bad movies to be sure, but he's mostly just stale. Do you guys think he'll ever reach his former (relative) glory?
I do think Burton and Johnny Depp need to get away from each other for awhile...I think they both need to redefine their careers and I think working with other people would be of great benefit to both of them. They have done great work together...I think Ed Wood is a masterpiece, but how long ago was that, 1994?

mainly Johnny Depp that we are all sick and tired of.
Speak for yourself.

In any case, I don't think Burton has ever been ****. Some of his films have been less than great, sure, but aside from Sweeney Todd (which I hate for reasons that aren't Burton's fault), the only Burton film I think is genuinely bad is Planet of the Apes.

Johnny Depp that we are all sick and tired of.
JOHNNY DEPP IS AWESOME BE QUIET.

Also incredible excited for Big Eyes based on the trailer. Tim Burton might have some duds once in a while, but he still makes good movies enough for me to like him. I enjoyed his last movie, Frankenweenie.

Speak for yourself.

In any case, I don't think Burton has ever been ****. Some of his films have been less than great, sure, but aside from Sweeney Todd (which I hate for reasons that aren't Burton's fault), the only Burton film I think is genuinely bad is Planet of the Apes.
No argument regarding Planet of the Apes...terrible movie.