Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

“I was cured, all right!”

★★★★★
A modern masterpiece! Ejoyed every frame of it.
I'll definelly watch more Nuri Bilge Ceylan.
One of the best Turkish films of all time imo.

■ (Atrocity)
It tries so hard to be mature that it becomes childish.
The film tries to shape a certain Brazilian identity, but it's so miserable that makes me cringe. Kleber Mendonça Filho it's one of the worst brazilian directors working today.Some like to say that he has a certain style, I call this style "lack of talent".

Another bad Brazilian film (shame about our national circuit). Here in Brazil, the most successful national productions are poor productions (Elite Squad) disguised as thrillers, or idiot comedies. Maybe you know, but there is a big case of corruption being investigated here, including the former president of the country is imprisoned. The film portrays this giant scheme of corruption. If you take away the whole political scheme, there is nothing left! Where there should be cinema, art, there is the political product. As poorly conducted as any other national production of the great commercial circuit. Good Brazilian cinema is practically dead. Except only the directors of the indie circuit... And even in this smaller circle has a great amount of mediocrity! Indulgent cinema, bad cinema!
A few good performances were wasted by an incompetent director.

movies can be okay...

★★★★★
A modern masterpiece! Ejoyed every frame of it.
I'll definelly watch more Nuri Bilge Ceylan.
One of the best Turkish films of all time imo.
I love Winter Sleep, along with Ceylan's whole filmography. I'd recommend Three Monkeys and Uzak as a necessity for sure, especially the former. He also has a new film coming out this year, which is very exciting.
"A film has to be a dialogue, not a monologue — a dialogue to provoke in the viewer his own thoughts, his own feelings. And if a film is a dialogue, then it’s a good film; if it’s not a dialogue, it’s a bad film."
- Michael "Gloomy Old Fart" Haneke

I love Winter Sleep, along with Ceylan's whole filmography. I'd recommend Three Monkeys and Uzak as a necessity for sure, especially the former. He also has a new film coming out this year, which is very exciting.
Thanks for the tip!
I'll watch Three Monkeys and Uzak the next weekend for sure!

Papillon (Fraklin J. Schaffner, 1973)

A shame the sequence on the lam merely flutters by imo

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Harlan County, USA-10/10

I think anyone who has ever had a job would love this documentary.Toughest women I've ever seen., fighting against machine gun fire

@matt72582, terrific documentary. Loved listening to the women talk. Seen it more than once.

Felt cheated with this. 3,000 hours of footage reduced to 81 minutes. Maybe I misread the blurb - thought there was much more than this. Why take so much trouble & expense for a lousy 81 minutes. Annoying.

Wonderful movie that I hadn’t seen for a very long time. Surprising thing is that, almost 50 years later, the subject matter of a teenage boy having sex with his mother would be outrageously more scandalous today than it was in 1971. Different times.

Bibi Andersson & Max von Sydow terrific, as per usual. Awful to watch Elliott Gould. So unattractive & hirsute. Badly cast IMO. Not a bad movie though by any means.

It Stains The Sands Red (2016)

In the throes of a zombie apocalypse, a troubled woman from Las Vegas with a dark past finds herself stranded in the desert with a lone and ravenous zombie on her tail.

Female Vampire (1973)

I watched this because for some reason I thought it was supposed to be a disturbing Giallo. It's an erotic vampire tale which is fine, but I wish there were a bigger horror element. The vampire girl was hot but she kept reminding me of all the thick brush bordering my yard that I have to keep cutting back. It's a shame because I really liked the look of the movie. It wasn't bad to watch but it was mostly insignificant.

Ekstase [Ecstacy] (Gustav Machatý, 1933)

Wouldn't quite be my choice of viewing material before going clubbing

(Cheers to Ed for posting the link)

Female Vampire (1973)

The vampire girl was hot but she kept reminding me of all the thick brush bordering my yard that I have to keep cutting back. It's a shame because I really liked the look of the movie. It wasn't bad to watch but it was mostly insignificant.
Lmao

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Female Vampire (1973)

I watched this because for some reason I thought it was supposed to be a disturbing Giallo. It's an erotic vampire tale which is fine, but I wish there were a bigger horror element. The vampire girl was hot but she kept reminding me of all the thick brush bordering my yard that I have to keep cutting back. It's a shame because I really liked the look of the movie. It wasn't bad to watch but it was mostly insignificant.
Is she putting her thumb in and around her mouth?