Movies where the character changes

Tools    

hello
I need some help and I think that it would be quite interesting to talk about character changes in movies,are those changes reasonable,do they make sense etc.
I'm looking for movies where a character (no matter if it's protagonist,villain,supporting role) changes psychologically or just changes his values,view of life etc.For example - at first he was good but certain events made him to become bad.Now I mean a real and visible change - two great examples which I know are The Godfather(Michael Corleone) and Gone With The Wind(Scarlett O'Hara).It would be great if you could share other movies which contains similar character changing.
Thank you in advance.
oh and by the way,I'm not sure whether this thread is in the right place. :/

There are countless examples. A few of my favorites:

Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo

Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver

Jack Nicholson in The Shining

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Tom Cruise in Rain Man and Denzel Washington in Philadelphia instantly come to mind.

Edward Nortons character, Derek, in American History X. Also Spacey's character in American Beauty and pretty much all of the main characters in Requiem for a Dream too

I don't think that Travis in Taxi Driver changes - he just progresses into who he really is.He was lonely,he hated the filth of humanity and in the end he just did what he secretly wanted to do from the beginning.He also wanted to protect Iris from the same filth and he did that.
Jack Nicholson in The Shining
it's a good example but this is a person just going insane.I want such changes when a character is sane and he chooses to change (of course he is affected by environment,people)I want personality changes which have a reason.I will rewatch The Shining anyway,haven't seen it in ages.
Denzel Washington in Philadelphia
Yeah,I remember that Denzel didn't want to help Tom Hanks but later he changed his mind(if you meant the same change)Do you remember what made him to change his mind?
Edward Nortons character, Derek, in American History X.
yep,this is what I wanted.This is a great example,thank you.

Hell in the Pacific
Being John Malkovich
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Synecdoche, New York
Catch me if you can
Beauty & The Beast
If...
Confessions of a dangerous mind
Chasing Amy
Unbreakable
Evil Dead
Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia
In the Mouth of Madness

Not sure if these fit the description:
A Christmas Story
After Hours
Dark of the sun

Saved by the Light 1995
The Flowers of War 2011

A system of cells interlinked
Bill Pullman's character in Lost Highway actually becomes someone else, physically after a mental break due to psychogenic fugue. Fred Madison ceases to exist and instead becomes Pete Dayton, played by Balthazar Getty.

They are still technically the same being, but they exist in two different places at the same time, with Pullman stuck in a loop and Getty sort of day-tripping through his existence. Two incomplete halves of the same whole.

I liked Gran Torino and Death Sentence

Semper Fooey
Film noir is full of that, the femme fatale (she is always bad) seduces some regular Joe poor schmuck in commiting murder or some other crime: Body Heat, Double Indemnity, The Killers, etc.

that's what she said...
Going to use the obvious as my example,
ZOMBIELAND- Colombus (Jesse Eisenberg) starts off as this really scared/dorky/"rule abiding" character and really sustains that persona through basically the whole movie untill the last 15 minutes or so when he mans up and breaks his rules that he held so dearly and saves the girls. Great movie... makes me want to watch it again...and again...and again...and again...

Schindler's List

Grand Torino

Sound of Music

American History X

JLo in Enough
Al Pacino in Scent of a woman