A big hello from the Emerald Isle!

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher
Hi everyone,

I stumbled on this board yesterday (been trying to find a good movie forum for ages) and like what I see.

Take care now.

A system of cells interlinked
Hello and Welcome!

The Emperor of Ice Cream
Welcome

Put me in your pocket...
Welcome to MoFo Tacitus.

Now which Emerald Isle are you referring to? Ireland, in North Carolina, U.S....or from somewhere else? Details man!

Put me in your pocket...
Thank you my merry friend. Now....

...how about some details about yourself?

Like...
Age? Married? Single? What type of work do you do? If you don't work, what grade are you and what your best subject?

Put me in your pocket...
Originally Posted by Tacitus
31, divorced, buy and sell cars - which is different than a car salesman, honest

You?
I trust you...........honest.

Me? I'm 43, married for 16 years with two kids (9 and 11). I've been freelancing as a graphic designer (more recently on and off depending on the time of year). I live near Washington D.C. and Baltimore, USA.

Enough of me...back to you...

Tacitus...that's an interesting user name. How did you come up with it?

What does "Ní hé lá na gaoithe lá na scolb" mean?

When your not being a car salesm..e..r...buying and selling cars ....what else interests you? Sports? Music? Art?
(Nooo...girls are not and option..they're sort of a given )

I hope you enjoy it here.

coke kills drink pepsi
welcome

Originally Posted by Aniko
Tacitus...that's an interesting user name. How did you come up with it?
It's the name of an ancient Roman gossipmonger

What does "Ní hé lá na gaoithe lá na scolb" mean?
Roughly translated it means "don't thatch your roof on a windy day"

When your not being a car salesm..e..r...buying and selling cars ....what else interests you? Sports? Music? Art?
Well, I'll let you into a little secret - I have a medical condition which means I don't get out as much as I'd like to thesedays (hence the job, I used to be a car salesman but now I work from home doing much the same thing, only for individual clients - most of my day is spent on the phone) so I watch a lot of movies. I used to play sport (rugby and soccer) but not anymore, though I'm finding myself doing a lot of digital artwork thesedays.

Hey! Welcome. (I'm a newbie myself, so I feel a little unqualified doing any welcoming, but, I saw Emerald Isle, and I went COOL!)
*Signs
*Always
*The Hunt for Red October
*Pirates of the Caribbean; TCotBP
*High Noon

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Tacitus
I'm in the little island which is a wee bit to the left of England. Just worked out why it's emerald too - it rains all the time
IT CAN'T RAIN ALL THE TIME

You never know, but you may have bought it from a mate of mine who moved out there a few years ago and bought a garage.

It's a slim chance, true.