Good ENGLISH SPOKEN martial art films

Tools    

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
hm , looking to buy some kung fu films. i know ninja assasins is a must on blu ray , but any other good kung fu movies (english spoken) thats worth watching?

I heard The Karate Kid was good.

What's the problem with subs, mate?

People Need To Re-Read **** Twice on Here
yer it was good. and theres nothing wrong with subs. just watching to many sub movies get kind of annoying. but if you know any good asian martial art movies please share with me xD

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
In an effort to be completely unoriginal, I'm going to agree with the other posts in that the best ones are not in English. Isn't the bad dubbing part of the fun of a kung fu movie?

just watching to many sub movies get kind of annoying
I'd start getting used to it now. There are so many good foreign films, and dubs are almost ALWAYS awful. It's a worthwhile skill. I e-know some folks from Finland, and they say that they're basically raised on subtitles, so reading and watching the frame comes, like, second/first nature to them.

Check out this Wuxia list, bra.

A system of cells interlinked
I definitely prefer watching flicks in the language they were acted in, but if you are looking for English flicks...

This film is terrible, in that there are no actual actors in the film, no real script to speak of, and it is all over the map in visual quality. However, the stunt crew that put the thing together are all masters in their respective martial arts. No actors - all stunt people - authentic fights using real martial arts. The fighting is sick, IMO.

Contour (Jacobus, 2007)

Here is an example of both the terrible dialogue and the fighting...

&feature=related

yeah once you read loads of subbed films you soon get used to just casting your eyes over them and absorbing them rather than reading them. It's just a learnable skill like any other.
My faves are Magnificent Butcher, Prodigal Son, Eight Diagram Pole Fighter and Drunken Master.

A system of cells interlinked
Watch that fight!

And then this one!

Same two dudes...

PG-13

&feature=related

Man, these flicks are terrible. I love every second...