Films You Love, But Everyone Else Hates

Tools    

Heaven's Gate (not sure if this counts because I watched the Director's cut), Natural Born Killers, and Jingle All The Way (!!!) are all films that I love that get a lot of trash.

A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
I don’t think everyone hates it but Titanic does have quite a few detractors. And there’s Battlefield Earth which is a masterpiece when it comes to unintentional comedy.

"Lady Sif and the Warriors Three"
I love the movie "Good Burger"! Even though others think it's dumb, I have always loved it and always will.

Aliens (apparently)
Question: Who hates Aliens? Isn't it widely considered one of the best Sci-fi-Action movies of all time?

I don't love Godzilla (yeah the one by Emmerich) but I like it. It is a nice brainless Blockbuster, Matthew Broderick as Dr. Nick Tatopoulos is a likeable protagonist and I watched it first when I was 8 (probably the most important fact). It ages bad, it's cheesy but I prefer it everytime to the extremely cheap Japanese films. I never liked trash like that (even at the age of 8). Emmerich's Godzilla ist admittedly also trash, but it's high-polished trash.

Furthermore i still ike The Beach very much. I've seen it first when I was 12 and it still holds up well. I like the whole Idea of founding a new society apart of all the commercialization, I'm still a fan of DiCaprio and the french girl in the movie is wonderful (what I didn't really realize with 12 ). I can see why people don't like it (yes, the videogame-sequence is strange), but I'm happy I don't belong to those groupe.

I do like The lovely Bones very much. In principle it's just fluffly emotionality, but I like me some fluffy emotionality . The message that hate, anger and revenge don't help anybody and can make things even worse is a beautiful one, but I see why people have problems with forgiving a child abuser. Even though a family can never really forgive such incredible cruel doings, they have to live on (as hard as it sounds)

At last I can say that I really like Frozen (2010). I watched it just after The lovely Bones. So maybe I was a bit indulgent, because I just watched a good movie and was still moved by it. Therefore it wasn't so bad that the characters were just semi-likeable, the plot seems a bit constructed and (maybe some SPOILERS ahead)

that it could be a bit unrealistic that a pack of fierce wolves strays around ski slope. But I liked the hopelessness of the situation, the despair. I really early thought: "Okay, I'm watching how these guys will die." And that was something no other Horror-movie I watched delivered so merciless.

Who hates this? I love it. One of the best comedies of all time by a long way.
Well, Dumb and Dumber is one of those cult films, which has its devoted group of fans, like you and me. I'm pretty sure there are many people who don't like it, especially those who are seriously into film.

Dumb and Dumber is a brilliant comedy. I find that few people like the following movies, but I found them to all posess a bit of charm or something which I liked:

The Sure Thing
License to Drive
Love Honour and Obey
Sliding Doors
Martha meet Frank, Daniel and Lawrence (strange because I acknowledge it's a pretty terrible film but for some reason I would watch it if it was on tv tonight. Why is that? No idea)
The Three Amigos
Almost Famous

A more recent example of a film that is seemingly hated across the board by most critics and audiences, that I enjoyed immensely (I wouldn't go so far to say I loved it, it definitely has problems) is The Counselor. I really can't believe how much hatred that film seems to have generated.

I also really enjoy I Huckabees. So there!

catch me if you can

Finished here. It's been fun.
That film has a 7.9 on IMDB, wouldn't ever consider it a film thats hated.

Shaun of the Dead :3

Finished here. It's been fun.
Shaun of the Dead :3
Shaun of the Dead is nowhere near a hated film lol.