The MoFo Personal Pictures Thread

Tools    

The People's Republic of Clogher

I bet NO ONE has ever thought to recreate the Meg Ryan orgasm in Katz's Delicatessen. The staff are gonna find me a RIOT!
This reminded me of something.

Lets put a smile on that block
This reminded me of something.

Brilliant! I had that exact scene in my head when i was writing that! I love the smug self satisfaction on Father Ted's face when he comes up with the idea. Comedy genius.

A system of cells interlinked
Took this on Saturday night. I had a couple drinks in me at this point...

MovieForums Extra
Took this on Saturday night. I had a couple drinks in me at this point...

You are a handsome devil indeed. And your girlfriend reminds me of Kelly Monaco, only prettier.

Oh, the news gets better for you birdy... I am actually single! That is my sister...

I know, I know...keep it down, it's exciting news, I know...

Oh

Really though...thanks

Certifiably troglodytic.
You've both been spared the ugly stick sir.

I think my ancestors must have been mountain gorillas
That was luscious, Toose.

But I'll have you know that some have hopped continents and risked life and limb just to hang out with such hirsute beasties.

But I'll have you know that some have hopped continents and risked life and limb just to hang out with such hirsute beasties.
The best 'yo mama' joke I ever heard was post Dian Fossey's big screen biopic:

"Yo mama so hairy they filmed Gorillas in the Mist in her shower!"

Certifiably troglodytic.
In honor of the recent conversation going on in this thread, I'm depositing some pics of some of my caving trips, which may or may not interest you. But it does me. So, nyah.

That's me (on the right) and one of my caving buds, Spen, after one of our initial trips to Wells Cave Preserve, (in central Kentucky)- a wild cave owned by the National Speleological Society as a scientific and recreational nature preserve. We've been spending much of the last 4 years of our caving down there, which is an 11.5+ mile, three-level system and the 58th-longest in the USA. It has 4 entrances and we have been spending the last year in search of the River Entrance (which requires wetsuits).

Going OUT of a precarious, 8-foot-long crawlway in Wells Cave at the top of a 20-foot, 12-inch-wide climb (you come in head-first). My feet are at the top of the narrow crack, which is just around the bend (and the ceiling even lowers). You have to wiggle your way to your belly to orient yourself feet-first so you can wedge yourself down the drop. This area is a major junction to the third (highest and dustiest) level of the cave, which was part of the ancient stream passage (note the "scalloped" ceiling at my nose, which indicates water having moved through in the history of the passage).

My 115-pound buddy, Dave, checking out areas in Wells that ONLY he can check. In caving, it is acceptable to remove one's helmet for only a short distance to check out a crawlway too tight to negotiate with one on. Sometimes you have to disrobe to get through some spots. I am holding his helmet while he checked the lead. And, luckily, for all the cave's inhabitants, Dave IS fully clothed.

Spen negotiating a low waterfall passage in Wells in the low level. Yeah...you have to go through it.

In a tributary passage leading to the main river passage in the lowest level of Wells Cave. Note the smoothed-out ceiling: the cave drains a whole valley of runoff rainwater. During what's called valley tides, this whole portion of the cave is submerged.

Damian, another caving buddy, on a trip to a small central Kentucky cave that was only 300 yards long and wet, wet, wet. That is as big as the cave got.

A small colony of the federally-endangered Indiana bats in Wells Cave. Bats are splendid.

If any MoFo's are ever in the area and wanna go, give me a yell!

Lets put a smile on that block
Tatanka, i honestly could not think of anything more terrifying. Fascinating, but i don't think i would be able to handle the claustrophobia. How the hell do you not freak out squeezing between parts of the planet where clearly humans are not meant to fit?

Awesome photos though

I used to cave! Small cave system in Southern Arizona called...hmmmm, Agua Caliente, maybe? Myself and two caving buddies used to scoot around in there quite a bit. Only had one experience where we thought one of us was stuck in a passage. We went less after that.

Tatanka, i honestly could not think of anything more terrifying. Fascinating, but i don't think i would be able to handle the claustrophobia. How the hell do you not freak out squeezing between parts of the planet where clearly humans are not meant to fit?

Awesome photos though
I agree...extremely unnerving, especially the third picture...*shivers*

Certifiably troglodytic.

Awesome photos though
Thanks, blibb. Most people usually surprise themselves once they get in a cave and begin moving around in it. When you see what you can do underground and begin to be comfortable with your body dimensions, you can do a whole lot. I take a lot a novice cavers on first-time trips and this is usually the case. It is natural to be apprehensive though. Once you know your limits, you just don't go beyond them when you're underground.

I used to cave! Small cave system in Southern Arizona called...hmmmm, Agua Caliente, maybe? Myself and two caving buddies used to scoot around in there quite a bit. Only had one experience where we thought one of us was stuck in a passage. We went less after that.
That's sweet. I figured you might have had some caving in your background somewhere

I can see how that stuck experience might deter you. Was it that you were going to be stuck behind him with that being the only way out?

I can see how that stuck experience might deter you. Was it that you were going to be stuck behind him with that being the only way out?
I'm like a bean pole over here, I never get stuck anywhere. It was my friend Dan in high school. Dan was a stocky guy, played on the football team etc, but he loved to hang out with my group of friends at the time, and loved the caves. It was some crawlspace and he got angled funny and got his shoulders stuck somehow. We eventually got his arm to pop up and out and Chuck and I dragged him out. He wouldn't go after that. I probably still would. It was DAMN scary, though.

Oh, the cave system was Agua Caliente de Huapoca, btw.

Ha, I found this picture, which isn't of me or any of my friends, but I used to sit right there on that little overhang and get ready to head into the cave, so this pic slammed a bunch of nostalgia right into my face.