Movie Tab II

Tools    

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Rear Window - Classic!

You ready? You look ready.
The Brothers Grimm-
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The Blair Witch Project - first time seeing since its release and it still really creeps me out when i watch it alone

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
I doubt this very much. But i'll probably go see this anyway.

I have always considered The Excorcist to be the scariest of the scariest, but this had a much stronger impact. The Exorcism of Emily Rose is a true classic.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Intermission (d. John Crowley, 2003) 3/5

This film does not follow a core story so much as a series of overlapping subplots. Some of these are strong with dialogue that is always interesting. Others are weak when the script substitutes cliches for genuine emotion. The film feels sometimes as epic as it is intimate and the climax is pretty gripping. It's nowhere near perfect, but I could feel the passion that went into the making of this film.

BTW: Sorry Tacitus for copying your format for movie tab posts. Consider it a compliment .

Rush Hour 2
Cyborg
Species 1&2

big day

history *is* moralizing
Veronica Guerin, 2003, very touching Cate Blanchett

A system of cells interlinked
Visions of Light (1992, Glassman, Samuels)

Can we try with real bullets now?
I watched Se7en for the first time last night. Definitely one of the better crime films I've seen

Dead Man (d. Jim Jamarusch, 1996)

I'm not gonna rate this one because I'm not quite sure what I even think of it. Im gonna have to watch it another time or two before I pass judgement.

Do you know my poetry?
Rebecca, A
1940 - Alfred Hitchcock

Crash, A+
2005 - Paul Haggis

Adam's Rib, B+
1949 - George Cukor

Sin City 2
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Being John Malkovich (d. Spike Jonze, 1999) 3.5/5

When I first saw the film I found it too dark and intellectually filthy to like but I missed the solidly handled theme of chasing fulfillment and how difficult and painful it can be. The dialogue alone, bursting with subtle humor and insight makes it worthwhile. This is a film that may be unappealing on the surface, but so much lies beneath that there is almost a completely different movie there to reward you if you're paying close attention. To top it all off, John Cusak delivers the best performance of his career as he turns on a dime, from sad sack, to lunatic and back and forth.

You know a film is wonderfully quirky when a Chimpanzee has a flashback .

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Care to explain?
Yeah, I was hanging out with Rob and we were playing darts or something and then we watched the sequel. I said it was crap so he's gonna' do some more work on it.

Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Yeah, I was hanging out with Rob and we were playing darts or something and then we watched the sequel. I said it was crap so he's gonna' do some more work on it.
Yeah right, and I got a date with Scarlett Johansson.

Really?! Tell us if those puppies are for real.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."