Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Carlito's Way. My 4th De Palma film.
One of my favorite directors, and Carlito's Way is my favorite film of his, although I'm partial to gangster movies. Hope you like it!

The Bib-iest of Nickels
From the looks of it, I do believe that I may have to temporarily postpone by James Bond marathon. I went to Family Video and couldn't find any of the 007 movies, not even movies of the new series. I may have to go ahead and buy all of the movies individually, but we'll see. For now, I'll behold the four-pack of the Final Destination series that I bought a couple of months ago with Final Destination 2.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Manhunter. I haven't heard much about this movie but I know it features Hannibal Lector(not played by Hopkins though), and its directed by Michael Mann.Might as well check it out, I liked Collateral and absolutely loved Heat so hoping this is a solid film

Edit: Also watching this film. Pain & Gain. I know it probably wont be good, but I'm just in the mood for a comedy so maybe,just maybe it will suffice.

i watched that one recently for the 80s list. it's probably in my top 30 for the decade right now, but it's not going to make my list. it was much better than i expected.

Slight change of plans! It turns out a local movie theater is playing It's a Wonderful Life on the big screen for one day only! Got to leave now if I want to catch the flick! Die Hard and exercise can wait!

. Okay but nothing that good though. It's a decent 80's flick, but I feel it could've been even better. Hannibal Lector was severely underused, and some parts are kinda cheesy.

Edit:Posted in wrong thread. Whoops.

Also watching this film. Pain & Gain. I know it probably wont be good, but I'm just in the mood for a comedy so maybe,just maybe it will suffice.
I actually enjoyed it.Hadn't it been so absurd at times,it might have been really good.

So many films here that I have yet to watch!

Except for Die Hard as I have seen that.

And here I am going to probably be watching Rain Man tonight

. Okay but nothing that good though. It's a decent 80's flick, but I feel it could've been even better. Hannibal Lector was severely underused, and some parts are kinda cheesy.

Edit:Posted in wrong thread. Whoops.
Lector isn't underused, he just has almost nothing to do with it. That's just one of the reasons why it's better than SotL. It's not a Lector film.

I can understand though, Brian Cox as Lector is very good, and makes you wonde why they didn't use him more when you could feel the film could benefit perhaps from him. I don't really agree and think he works well, which makes it a shame the film was not so well received and Mann didn't direct any more.

I'm going to see American Hustle tonight.

Tomorrow night, I'm seeing Grudge Match.

Over the next few weeks, I'll be sure to watch Anchorman 2, The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, The Wolf of Wall Street, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty, and Her. I also want to see Nebraska and Inside Llewyn Davis.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Taxi Driver

This is a feel-good Christmas movie, right?
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Taxi Driver

This is a feel-good Christmas movie, right?
The best.The Feel-good movie of the 1970's.