Oscar's Best Actor 2024

Tools    

Who would be YOUR choice for Best Actor?
0%
0 votes
Bradley Cooper, Maestro
0%
0 votes
Comlan Domingo, Rustin
47.06%
8 votes
Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers
47.06%
8 votes
Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer
5.88%
1 votes
Jeffrey Wright, American Fiction
17 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The Oscar for Best Actor will go to one of these five performaces...

Bradley Cooper, Maestro
Colman Domingo, Rustin
Paul Giamatti, The Holdovers
Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer
Jeffrey Wright, American Fiction

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I haven't seen American Fiction yet, but the other four guys were all very good. It's a toss up between Murphy and Giamatti to win and I would be happy with either. I think Leonardo DiCaprio deserved a nomination though.

Paul!!!
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I would love to see Giamatti win this, but I'm not sure if Cillian Murphy might sneak in there, especially if an Oppenheimer sweep occurs.. The only nominee I haven't seen is Jeffrey Wright.

I haven't seen American Fiction yet. But when I was watching Rustin, I saw Jeffery Wright. He just exuded such charisma. I asked myself, "why isn't this guy a leading man?" Next thing I know there's a movie with him leading the cast. so I have to see it if only because of that.

I loved Giamatti in The Holdovers. Comlan Domingo really held you to the screen. Bradley Cooper put in a lot of effort in a movie I didn't like. Cillian Murphy's face seems to be the main object in the Oppenheimer. Close ups of him seem to be doing a lot of the heavy lifting in this movie. So I don't know. My heart is with Giamatti, right now.

So don't understand all the hate for Maestro
Maestro was a good movie. I enjoyed it. Bradley Cooper and Carey Mulligan were brilliant. I believe Mulligan deserves to win. But it seems Lily Gladstone has gained the momentum during award season.

Hope this is Paul Giamatti's year.
If he wins, I am going to celebrate it by watching the fantastic Big Fat Liar again.
If he wins, which I believe he will and should, I will celebrate by watching Private Parts. I hope he thanks Howard Stern in his acceptance speech. That would be hilarious.

The trick is not minding
Hope to see The Holdovers soon, as it’s coming back to a theater near me. Hard to believe this is only his second nomination? Is that right? Cinderella Man and this.
For me, it’s still Wright all the way, but I know it won’t happen.

Just watched American Fiction so I have now seen all five Best Actor nominees. Don't really see it happening, but I would sure love to see Wright sneak in there and win this.

So don't understand all the hate for Maestro
I was really angry at how bored I was. I think it has a lot of good stuff that didn't gel for me. It may be because it was filmed for television. I have seen some scenes on tv and the black and white cinematography that didn't work in the movie theater worked on a small screen.

The top 2 acting prizes are going to be the toughest to predict.

Cillian or Paul.

Both were incredible. I really want Paul to win. He's long overdue for an Oscar. This is Cillian's first nomination ever. It can wait for him.

What are your thoughts?

They should just say Best Male Movie Star & Female Movie Star, and have a separate category for acting. Theres a difference.