Movie Tab II

Tools    

The Breakfast Club 4/5
Actually starting to lose its shine a little bit, but I still love watching it.

Kung-Fu Hustle 5/5
Funny, kooky, brilliant!

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
you may have missed the point of the film...

the point wasn't that none of those people were good because they all had moments of racism, whether they started out clean and came up dirty or vice versa. the point was everyone is prone to it... its in all of us. regardless of what our morals are.
I saw them as all being good people, who's lives were damaged in some way by racial hatred. Some of the characters were on one side of the hatred, while some were on the other. The problem affected them all in different ways. The issue had infiltrated their lives forcefully, or insidiously, depending which character you look at. Lack of education and varied social climates were to blame for many of the characters behavior.

Compelling stuff, I just wish it was put together a bit differently.

King Kong - this film is in need of some serious editing, I almost turned it off during the Island part.Booooorring... seriously Mr. Jackson, what were you thinking?? ( I think the man got carried away after making LOTR, forgot how to make a film that doesn't last 3 hours....and has anyone noticed the similarities between the gates of the island and Helm's deep? )

Welcome to the human race...
Once Were Warriors - 7/10

How often do you really see something like this? Brilliant movie about Kiwis.

Transamerica - A beautiful moving film...Felicity Huffman, what can I say, she's a doll.

Thumbsucker - A good attempt. Um. Yep.

stranger then a drunken mime
Silent Hill - C

Probably some of the worst acting ive ever seen in my life. Good attempt at the game to movie deal, other then that, it got nuthin. I'd say don't go see it unless you like the game.

Fear of Clowns 100/10

Hey-Yo. I've seen lots of movies since we last made love but I just thought yu'd like to know about one in particular. It's called, Fear of Clowns, and it's pretty much the best movie in the world. It's about this woman who makes the most fabulous art and sells it for way below how much it's worth, because she's so great, but then her wonderful paintings of scary clowns begin to come to life and play tricks on the people around her. One such trick is when a clown disguises himself as a clown with balloons, that are beautiful, and walks up to a cop from asia and suprises him by cutting off his head with the axe he had hid so well behind the balloon strings! Surprise! By now hopefully it's obvious this gem has a rollcoaster of a story line but even the technical aspects are top-notch! The camera angles are always necessary and motivated and the acting, by-golly, sets a whole new standard across the board that goes across the whole world! See the movie and you'll have a new appreciation for art and movies and life and clowns with no shirts!
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by adidasss
King Kong - this film is in need of some serious editing, I almost turned it off during the Island part.Booooorring... seriously Mr. Jackson, what were you thinking?? ( I think the man got carried away after making LOTR, forgot how to make a film that doesn't last 3 hours....and has anyone noticed the similarities between the gates of the island and Helm's deep? )

I just got the impression Jackson was trying to fellate himself.

Originally Posted by Escape
Rently watched Lady Killers. Damn was it funny. (8/10)

The original Ealing comedy or the Coen Bros. remake? I think the second flick was unfailry slammed. Both are darn funny flicks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
The original Ealing comedy or the Coen Bros. remake? I think the second flick was unfailry slammed. Both are darn funny flicks.
Oh sorry, it was the Tom Hanks one. Never saw the original. Heard it was also good though. I had no clue this one was gonna be this hilarious. It's one of those films that when I heard the name and got a glimpse of the poster, I somehow got the impression it's a not so funny film about a bank heist in the 20's and didnt follow through to see if it was or wasnt. Just lazy on my part. Never a big fan of that era. The 20's and 30's just depress me. Anyways, i'm glad I got to see it. J.K. Simmons was the funniest character I thought. Although they all had their own uniqueness. Was laughing so friggin hard throughout. If like you say the first was as funny as this, i'll be checking it out for sure.

Mallrats 10th Anniversary Edition - 4/5
Dawn of the Dead - 5/5
Day of the Dead - 4.5/5
Land of the Dead - 4./5

It can't rain all the time
The last film I watched was The Jacket. I enjoyed it, as I like time travel stories, although there was more flashy production than narrative depth 3/5

A system of cells interlinked
King Kong (2005, Jackson) - The parents came over for dinner and we popped this in afterwards. My girlfriend and I had seen it before, but my parents hadn't. We had a ball watching it, and my parents both seemed positive about it. No one was bored, that is for sure...

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Howl's Moving Castle. Very good, lovely animation, nicely surreal and fantastical landscapes, characters and plot. Recommended to anyone who liked Spirited Away. 4.5/5

history *is* moralizing
Buffalo 66, oh man, i keep rewatching movies i really like rather than discovering new ones these days... is that a sign of aging??

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
A League of their own --- i just cant help myself
Yeah, that's the one where it was showing the tiny gals hit whopping fly balls right to the 400 foot center field fence. Highly unlikely and that goes for anyone whether male or female who weighs under 135 pounds. Had to save my butt there.