SONG TOURNAMENT XXX

Tools    

Ninja Sex Party - 6969 VS. The Avalanches - Because I'm Me
Dan has the most beautiful voice.

Soul Asylum - Runaway Train VS. King Diamond - The Wedding Dream

Glenn Frey - You Belong to the City VS. Aphex Twin - IZ-US

The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell VS. Niel Cicierega - Bustin
Not a fan of those really hard guitars/bass.

The Beatles - Revolution Number 9 VS. Kyuss - Thong Song
Spooky.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - The Plumbing Song VS. Amorphis - Silver Bride
Funny song trumps all.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck VS. Babymetal - Song 4
Catchy

G-Schmitt - Holy Celebration VS. Pink Floyd - High Hopes

The Knack - My Sharona VS. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows
Lovin’ this dude’s voice.

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah VS. Stampeders-Sweet City Woman
Wanna give the less popular song a chance.

SALEM - Tair VS. Mötley Crüe - Smokin' In The Boys Room

Joan Jett - Love Me Two Times VS. Orange Juice - Felicity
Hard choice.

Shoukichi Kina & Champluse (ft. Ry Cooder) - Subete No Hito No Kokoro Ni Hana O VS. James Brown - Living In America

The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm VS. Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir VS. Kid606 ft. Mike Patton - Secrets 4 Sale

Jimmy Castor Bunch-Troglodyte VS. DMX - X-Is Coming
I don’t even think the other one’s a song lol.

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Ninja Sex Party - 6969 VS. The Avalanches - Because I'm Me-Ridiculous and too long but I liked it.

Soul Asylum - Runaway Train VS. King Diamond - The Wedding Dream-Just never liked the first song.

Glenn Frey - You Belong to the City VS. Aphex Twin - IZ-US-Have always liked the first song.

The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell VS. Niel Cicierega - Bustin-I just liked the first more.

The Beatles - Revolution Number 9 VS. Kyuss - Thong Song-Love The Beatles but don't care for that.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - The Plumbing Song VS. Amorphis - Silver Bride-The first was fun but just not as good.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck VS. Babymetal - Song 4-Just for purposes of listening for this tourney, I enjoyed hearing that excellent second song for the first time more.

G-Schmitt - Holy Celebration VS. Pink Floyd - High Hopes-I thought for a minute about going the other way but just couldn't do it.

The Knack - My Sharona VS. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows-Close call.

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah VS. Stampeders-Sweet City Woman-I'm not the religious type.

SALEM - Tair VS. Mötley Crüe - Smokin' In The Boys Room-I almost nominated it.

Joan Jett - Love Me Two Times VS. Orange Juice - Felicity-I'm not crazy about Jett outside of a couple of songs and the other was very good.

Shoukichi Kina & Champluse (ft. Ry Cooder) - Subete No Hito No Kokoro Ni Hana O VS. James Brown - Living In America-Love that song.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm VS. Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It-I've actually heard that second song before. It doesn't matter in this match.

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir VS. Kid606 ft. Mike Patton - Secrets 4 Sale-Never been one of my favorites from the mighty Zep, but let's be serious here.

Jimmy Castor Bunch-Troglodyte VS. DMX - X-Is Coming-The first song will win a tournament eventually; it might as well be this one.

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Let me just say first one, that was funny. I hadn't heard either song before, but I prefer the second, even though I'm happy I heard the first. Thank you.

Never liked that Soul Asylum song. King Diamond I've seen live. He's awesome, and dramatic. I couldn't stop laughing the first time I heard him, and tbh, he still cracks me up. He's a real performer.

I love the first song. I'm one of those who associate it with the Miami Vice series. But it's up against APHEX TWIN. Adore Aphex Twin . It's off Come to Daddy, which is my favourite Aphex Twin album.

Oh my god, what even was Bustin? wtf

AAAAaaahhhh hard choice...I love that Beatles song. I remember the first time I ever heard it. It scared me. It's a bit unwell. I love Kyuss, and can't listen to it now without thinking of @TheUsualSuspect. Hard vote. I'm going with the scary one.

Sedai, you won' t believe this, but I'm not an Amorphis fan. I know this news will make you temp ban me for a few hours, but there was dancing in the first one.

I don't like either song, but the first I could see myself belting into when I've had a few. And playing pool. Otherwise I'm no fan. But I run the other way with Babymetal. It's not the music per se, it's the vocals. Maybe it's like the Tom Waits thing with me and I'll get it in a few years' time. I went from not understanding why people listen to Tom Waits, to loving him in about a decade.

Never heard the first before, and I kind of like it. Was not a fan of The Division Bell when it came out, as I trailed off Pink Floyd after Waters left. I otherwise quite love Pink Floyd. It's just later stuff I'm not a fan of.

YAAAAS QUEEN Ginger Elvis.

Jeff Buckley breaks my heart. I'm not sure how I feel about the second...

********, the first is kind of exactly what I'm looking for these days....it had to get my vote, even though Mötley Crüe is fun. Listening to all the entries with headphones, and the first kinda messed with my head production wise. I appreciate a good head messing, musically.

Wow, the second reminded me of another band. I like Joan Jett, too.

Shoukichi Kina & Champluse (ft. Ry Cooder) - Subete No Hito No Kokoro Ni Hana O VS. James Brown - Living In America
Hard to argue with James Brown.

Hmm. Hard one, I normally like Smashing Pumpkins, but it's kind of the wrong song for my mood. I've never heard the second. It's kind of uplifting.

Tough choice because dem strings, but Kid606's my third Glitch love, and he collaborated with my favourite vocalist and the result was cheeky. I feel Led Zep will go through, so I don't feel bad for voting for the freaks.

I rewatched Bone Tomahawk recently, so troglodytes have been in my orbit!!! I liked it, but DMX is just soooo pissed off. And he's referencing Freddy. I got a Jason in, so it's only fair...

Kid Rock - I Am The Bullgod VS. Randy Crawford - One Day I'll Fly Away
Fly Away Sucka

The Beatles - Revolution Number 9
VS. Kyuss - Thong Song

"Yon Yon" "Yon Yon" "Yon Yon" "Yon Yon" "Yon Yon" "Yon Yon" "Yon Yon" "Yon Yon"
... Second song made things hard, wanted to go against Thunderstruck

Drago pummels Creed, KO's super-long-name Asian song

Jimmy Castor Bunch-Troglodyte
VS. DMX - X-Is Coming

Weird is relative.
Ninja Sex Party - 6969*VS.*The Avalanches - Because I'm Me
I already knew of NSP and this one is funny. The Avalanches were new to me and I was happy to make the discovery.

Soul Asylum - Runaway Train*VS.*King Diamond - The Wedding Dream

Glenn Frey - You Belong to the City*VS.*Aphex Twin - IZ-US

The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell*VS.*Niel Cicierega - Bustin
I was really into The Pretty Reckless some years back.

The Beatles - Revolution Number 9*VS.*Kyuss - Thong Song
I was kinda like... WTF? about both of these.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - The Plumbing Song*VS.Amorphis - Silver Bride
What would we do without plumbers.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck*VS.*Babymetal - Song 4
Big Babymetal fan.

G-Schmitt - Holy Celebration*VS.*Pink Floyd - High Hopes

The Knack - My Sharona*VS.*Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah*VS.*Stampeders-Sweet City Woman
I prefer Leonard Cohen singing Hallelujah.

SALEM - Tair*VS.*Mötley Crüe - Smokin' In The Boys Room
First was meh for me, and I've heard Mötley Crüe a million times and they're good enough.

Joan Jett - Love Me Two Times*VS.*Orange Juice - Felicity
Love Joan Jett, but I prefer my nom here.

Shoukichi Kina & Champluse (ft. Ry Cooder) - Subete No Hito No Kokoro Ni Hana O*VS.*James Brown - Living In America
This was pretty.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm*VS.*Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir *VS.*Kid606 ft. Mike Patton - Secrets 4 Sale

Jimmy Castor Bunch-Troglodyte*VS.*DMX - X-Is Coming
I like DMX, but this track isn't one of his best. Jimmy Castor Bunch, now this tune is just weird in a good way.

Let the night air cool you off
Joan Jett - Love Me Two Times VS. Orange Juice - Felicity - I'll vote on this one if a tiebreaker is needed. I like both of em

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds

AC/DC - Thunderstruck VS. Babymetal - Song 4 - wish the babymetal song were Give Me Chocolate.

Jimmy Castor Bunch-Troglodyte VS. DMX - X-Is Coming - I always bark like a dawg when I listen to DMX.

Suspect's Reviews

R1D2

The Avalanches - Because I'm Me

King Diamond - The Wedding Dream

Aphex Twin - IZ-US

The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell*

Kyuss - Thong Song

"Amorphis - Silver Bride

Babymetal - Song 4

G-Schmitt - Holy Celebration

Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah*

Mötley Crüe - Smokin' In The Boys Room

Orange Juice - Felicity*

Shoukichi Kina & Champluse (ft. Ry Cooder) - Subete No Hito No Kokoro Ni Hana O*

The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm*

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir*

DMX - X-Is Coming

ROUND 1 DAY 2

The first was dorky and fun, and the girls in the video were hot as hell. The second had a Jackson 5 vibe to it and the kid sounds and looks like a young Michael Jackson. I really liked it. By the way, is that the same subway that was used in the Bad video?

The second was a badass metal song, but the first brought back memories. Nostalgia wins

The second makes for some good background music. Well, the first does too, but it's from the 80's and it's Glenn Frey, and I love me some 80's music and Glenn Frey

I have a major crush on Taylor Momsen. She's by far the hottest girl in rock today! And what a voice!

For a minute, I thought the second was a cover of that dreadful Sisqo song. I was wrong. It wasn;t all that bad, but it's hard to turn away from that chaotic but captivating avant-garde Revolution 9. The video captures the intensity and madness of the song perfectly.

Never heard that Weird Al thing before, and it's not bad, but the second felt way more kickass to me

The opening guitar licks on Thunderstruck are mind-blowing

The closing guitar solo on High Hopes is by far one of the most mind-blowing things Pink Floyd had ever put on tape

The second is just a kickass tune

The second has grown on me a little since the last time it made an appearance in one of these tourneys, but the first is just a beautiful rendition by Jeff Buckley

The first made me feel uncomfortable. The second is a kickass 80's rock tune!

I like Joan Jett and I like Love Me Two Times,. It was a decent cover but that's about it. The second sounded more fresh to me

James Brown knocking it down right before Drago knocks Creed down for good. If he dies, he dies

I have fonder memories with the second song than the first

I've recently discovered a new-found love for Kashmir. Such an epic tune

Funny how these 2 artists got paired up as they both share the same rigid voices. Was never a fan of DMX and his song did nothing for me. The first was not bad
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

A system of cells interlinked
Where are the results posted, if any have been posted yet?

Where are the results posted, if any have been posted yet?
I'm not posting results. It takes too much time and I have little of it because of work and other commitments. Sorry!

Check the ELIMINATION LIST on the first page. I'm eliminating the nominations that are losing in each match.

A system of cells interlinked
Mescalito - Botnik vs. INXS - Devil Inside I like both tunes, but Botnik is some excellent downtempo.

The Divine Comedy - If... vs. Metallica - Unforgiven First track had a bit too much crooning for my taste.

The B-52s - Private Idaho vs. Napalm Death - You Suffer I don't get it...

Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (To Party) vs. Oomph! - Tarumst Du I've not heard of the second band, but I quite liked it.

The Chordettes - Mr. Sandman vs. Pimentola - Death is a Secret Didn't care for the second one.

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb vs. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive Both top tunes but Comfortably Numb is one of the best songs ever written...

The Police - Spirits in the Material World vs. Finger Eleven - Paralyzer - Not a big fan of Paralyzer...

Barry Adamson - The Vibes Ain't Nothing but the Vibes vs. Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home Classic Tune...

Townes Van Zandt - Rake vs. Radiohead - All I Need Cool spacey vibe...

P-Model - Kameari Pop vs. Electric Wizard - Electric Wizard, Wooden Pipe Second track was dragging too much to keep my attention...mood not there!

Cindi Lauper - True Colors vs. Cibbo Matto - Know Your Chicken I apparently don't know my chicken.

Arch Enemy - The World is Yours vs. Ylvis - The Cabin The replay button is mine, too. The middle section of this tune slays so hard, I can't even stand it. Also, love me some Alissa White-Gluz...That said, I liked the other track - it had good vocal harmonies...

Supertramp - School vs. Yö - Päivänsäde ja menninkäinen Love me some Supertramp!

The Beatles - Twist and Shout vs. Mason vs. Princess Superstar - Perfect Exceeder I do like dance music, but this particular track wasn't doing it for me. Point to The Beatles.

Pop Will Eat Itself - Def Con One vs. The Doors - When the Music's Over Dislike The Doors...somehow dislike the other song even more.

Alanis Morisette - Thank You vs. Kinoko Teikoko - Ashikubi - Chose the second song. The vocals are a bit grating when she goes into the highest register, but Alanis makes me want to soil my own trousers and throw myself into the gears of a large piece of farming equipment.

ROUND 1 DAY 3

Mescalito - Botnik VS. INXS - Devil Inside

The Divine Comedy - If... VS. Metallica - The Unforgiven
First was actually good but I still like The Unforgiven more.

The B-52's - Private Idaho VS. Napalm Death - You Suffer

Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (to Party) VS. Oomph! - Träumst Du
Oomph! always feels like a poor man's Rammstein but I guess I still like it more.

The Chordettes - Mr Sandman VS. Pimentola - Death Is a Secret

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb VS. Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive

The Police - Spirits in the Material World VS. Finger Eleven - Paralyzer

Barry Adamson - The Vibes Ain't Nothin' But the Vibes VS. Blind Faith-Can't Find My Way Home

Townes Van Zandt - Rake VS. Radiohead - All I Need

P-Model - Kameari Pop VS. Electric Wizard - Electric Wizard, Wooden Pipe

Cyndi Lauper - True Colors VS. Cibo Matto - Know Your Chicken

Arch Enemy - The World is Yours VS. Ylvis - The Cabin

Supertramp - School VS. Yö - Päivänsäde ja menninkäinen
Loved the piano solo in School but otherwise is wasn't that great.

The Beatles - Twist and Shout VS. Mason vs. Princess Superstar - Perfect Exeeder

Pop Will Eat Itself - Def Con One VS. The Doors - When The Music's Over

Alanis Morissette - Thank U VS. Kinoko Teikoku - Ashikubi

ROUND 1 DAY 2

Ninja Sex Party - 6969 VS. The Avalanches - Because I'm Me - Better and half the length? Easy win. I might've liked the first one more if I watched the video?

Soul Asylum - Runaway Train VS. King Diamond - The Wedding Dream - KD's ok but I love that Soul Asylum song.

Glenn Frey - You Belong to the City VS. Aphex Twin - IZ-US - Neither really do it for me for different reasons.

The Pretty Reckless - Going To Hell VS. Niel Cicierega - Bustin - Don't **** with the classics.

The Beatles - Revolution Number 9 VS. Kyuss - Thong Song - Surely that should be called '7 minutes of bollocks'? Honestly, what an atrocious load of old crap. Win by default.

"Weird Al" Yankovic - The Plumbing Song VS. Amorphis - Silver Brid - God I loathe a comedy song. I'll admit that occasionally it works, but it's so rare as to not make it worth listening for them. This definitely isn't one of them.

AC/DC - Thunderstruck VS. Babymetal - Song 4 - I quite like Babymetal. I was going to go with Chocolate as one of my nominations in the last two tournaments I've taken part in. Thunderstruck is good, but I just prefer this atm.

G-Schmitt - Holy Celebration VS. Pink Floyd - High Hopes - It isn't Pink Floyd and doesn't go on for 7 bloody minutes.

The Knack - My Sharona VS. Queens Of The Stone Age - No One Knows - I just love this song.

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah VS. Stampeders-Sweet City Woman - I thought I might go with the other song but, God damn, that song is so good even his fannying at the beginning about can't ruin it and then I'm just carried away with it.

SALEM - Tair VS. Mötley Crüe - Smokin' In The Boys Room - The other is ok but I'm going with the classics.

Joan Jett - Love Me Two Times VS. Orange Juice - Felicity - It's a walkover for me.

Shoukichi Kina & Champluse (ft. Ry Cooder) - Subete No Hito No Kokoro Ni Hana O VS. James Brown - Living In America - I'm just so into this song atm, which is why I nominated it.

I'll do the rest tomorrow.

The Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm VS. Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It - I quite like the second. Well, the chorus anyway especially, but it's not really a match up it can win with me.

Led Zeppelin - Kashmir
VS. Kid606 ft. Mike Patton - Secrets 4 Sale - I'm tired today. Much too tired for the second one juttering. Too jarring for me.

Jimmy Castor Bunch-Troglodyte VS. DMX - X-Is Coming - I don't think I've heard the first one before. Really liked it so thanks to whoever nom'd it.